Universal King's League: Odyssey (Universal app by Gamenauts)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Nov 13, 2013.

1. tabs

tabs Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2009
    Philippines
    #41 tabs, Nov 14, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2013
    Bought the game and finished Normal in approximately 2 hours (at 1x game speed) with no idea what I'm going in to (I heard it is a flash game that I haven't got the chance to play beforehand). Please do note that after you finish the game, there's an endless mode. Learning curve is pretty easy.

To be honest, I enjoyed the game and I'm already looking forward to trying out Harder mode and see what else it can offer me. There's defintely replay value with this game.

For 1.99, it's a steal as it did give me a few hours of good fun, and more, I hope.

FYI, there's iAP in the form of 'Heroes' or something, forgot what they call them. Ranging from 2.99 to 4.99 if I am not mistaken.

2. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    #42 JCho133, Nov 14, 2013
    Thanks for the imps!

This game looks really interesting but I'm gonna have to pass as I'm tied for money this week :/

Oh I see that you guys were sending promo codes out! Well I'm sure you're out of them by now, but if you happen to have any I'd be glad to receive one and post some imps of my own

3. Hi Echoen, thanks for the nice impression of the game! We're working on the crash bug that you reported and should have a fix very soon. :)

4. Echoen

Echoen Well-Known Member

May 16, 2012
    USA
    My crash logs are piling up. :D what address can I send them to? iPad 2 7.x if you're curious. Oh and I bought the Nightshade as a thanks for the promo code :)

5. #45 Gamenauts, Nov 14, 2013
    Please send it to [email protected] and we'll forward it to the team at Kurechii.

Thanks for the Nightshade purchase, he's pretty awesome with his mysterious vibe!

6. ScotDamn

ScotDamn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jul 8, 2013
    Wireless Sales
    Happy Daddy
    Uh oh, that doesn't sound good.

7. Echoen

Echoen Well-Known Member

May 16, 2012
    USA
    Okay, sending them in a bit. Feels like a memory leak

8. We'll definitely investigate it - it could be a memory leak issue if you've played the game continuously for hours or for a long time.

The iPad 2 is right at the minimum border of the iPad devices that's supported for the game, and iOS 7 puts a noticable constraint on such older devices.

9. Rollobobo

Rollobobo Well-Known Member

Feb 22, 2011
    Takeshi's Castle
    This game kinda remind me of a Sega saturn game called Dragon Force. I haven't played it, but based on the video and pictures, it looks similar.

Was that any inspiration Gamenauts?! (I sent you a PM too! :))

10. PM sent. :)

We're not familiar with Dragon Force, but King's League: Odyssey is actually a sequel to an old Flash game called King's League released in 2011, also developed by Kurechii.

11. sugimulm

sugimulm Well-Known Member

Over an hour left :(. After the other big releases, not sure I'll have enough credits left, lol. Seems like the impressions are positive, anyone played on 5s and iPad Air?

12. kenken11

kenken11 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2012
    Hi there, having fun with this now. Once I complete a game, if I delete the save slot, my record is not lost in game center rite?

13. @kenken11 - Yep, your GC record should still be safe, even if you delete a save slot.

14. christopherrocs

christopherrocs Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2013
    Is their anychance I can get some iPod 4 support?

15. christopherrocs

Aug 15, 2013
    What device where you running this on?

16. denki_boy

denki_boy Member

Feb 16, 2012
    Tokyo, Japan
    Hello! This game looks really awesome. Looking forward to giving it a go. If there are promo codes still available, I'd love one! Thanks in advance :)

17. Hi there,

The game is technically playable on iPod 4 as we'd found in our testing, but there are noticable slowdowns and performance issues.

This is due to the memory constraints for the older devices, so we feel it's better to let players know that we recommend playing on newer devices.

18. christopherrocs

Aug 15, 2013
    Hi gamenauts! I was a big fan of ninja fishing, which leads me to my point. I've played all o your games and have only encountered 1-2 crashes through my probably 30+ hours of playing. Will this game work on my iPod 4? Will it crash all the time, being to annoying to play? Have you even tested it on an iPod 4? Please answer ASAP as I have been going everywhere to get these answers, I loved the flash version. Thank you!

19. @christopherrocs - Thanks for playing our game and for your support!

Unfortunately and to be honest, we cannot really recommend you playing on iPod 4, because the experience will be sub-par on the old devices and will not do the game justice. We did test on iPod 4, but it was only borderline playable, with a fresh device restart.

But we'd really hate to let you down since you're a fan of the original Flash version, so we're going to PM you with one of the reserved promo code for you to see if it runs ok with your device.

If everything works out, we hope you can support us by purchasing one of the optional premium characters.

20. icoker

icoker Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2013
    whats this premier characters? isnt that iap?