Universal King's League: Odyssey (Universal app by Gamenauts)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Nov 13, 2013.

1. _syd

_syd Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2012
    Italy
    I'd love a promo code too, as this is one of the few new games that work on my old device :D

2. toshiX

toshiX Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    I would a promo code as well. Thank you.

3. Hi folks,

We're running a tad low on the promo codes because we have to reserve some for the media/press and for social media promotions (even with the new 100 codes allowance from Apple, they do go fast!).

We can still offer them to the loyal TA forum members, but we apologize if we're a bit slow in responding. :eek:

4. amusing Grace

amusing Grace Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Music, Muse, Magick
    Berlin, Germany
    Sounds like an offer I shouldn't resist, if you still have a code that is

5. jeja

jeja Active Member

Jul 11, 2013
    I'd love a promo code as well, this game looks cool!

Edit: Just saw your post about you running low on codes, so nevermind.

6. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    I'll be curious to hear other early impressions. King's League is a lot of fun.

7. Jake7905

Jake7905 Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2013
    Now this is a game I'd LOVE to have a promo code for, I always seem to miss them.

8. jipiyilu

jipiyilu Active Member

Dec 22, 2011
    Oh my this game looks so crisp and neat, lovin it, and would love to have a promo code too

9. Zeillusion

Zeillusion Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2013
    Can't wait ahhh! Just 5 more hours.

10. AnarKitty

AnarKitty Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2010
    Minneapolis, USA
    This looks great, and it's easy to see a lot of care has been put into polishing this one. If there's a promo code available, I'd be thrilled to get one. In any case, congrats on the release. :)

11. Vestid

Vestid Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2012
    I'd be keen for a code. Looks great. Thanks.

12. Tango

Tango Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2010
    Game looks awesome and congrats on your release! :) If you end up with an extra code, I would also appreciate one. Thanks so much!

13. alexpoysky

alexpoysky New Member

Nov 13, 2013
    Any chance I can get one? If not that's fine!

14. Bool Zero

Bool Zero Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    Definitely interested in a promo code if they are available, but honestly, I'll have this game either way come tonight!

15. ScotDamn

ScotDamn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jul 8, 2013
    Wireless Sales
    Happy Daddy
    #35 ScotDamn, Nov 13, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2013
    This game looks fantastic! I hate being broke on Wednesday night! :rolleyes:

Edit: So I'm signing up for a possible promo code, if any are available that is. I'm mildly ashamed! But my interest in this game is peeked!

16. Crimzzen

Crimzzen Member

Feb 12, 2013
    I'd be interested in a promo code :D no worries if they're gone :)

17. turakm

turakm Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2009
    I'd love a code if you have any left! Thanks!!

18. Echoen

Echoen Well-Known Member

May 16, 2012
    USA
    Enjoying it so far. You might think it's a timer game with premium currency but it's not. It's a team building game with resource management and time factored in. Build up characters you recruit of varying classes and rarity and improve their traits so that your team can top the leagues. Battles are fully automated and pretty much an RNG thing but that's why you need to use those resources wisely so you're likely to be on top in any encounter. I'm only a few game months into this but I can tell I'll be spending quite some time with it. There's a hard and insane mode too!

There are 5 premium characters to purchase and they look like real game changers. I never played the flash version or seen any reviews so I can't really tell. Prices range from $2 to $5 and can be restored.

Encountered 1 crash so far. It's when i was first directed to the barracks. It looked like the character cards loaded twice on top of each other and then the app closed. And if the game crashes or you force close the app, it returns you to the start of a month so you'll lose whatever new stuff you find (lost a rare character I recruited :/).

19. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    This game really sounds like something I'd like but with Lone Wolf and Oceanhorn tonight I'm going to have to wait for some feedback before I spend more cash.

20. Thanks for all the interests in the game! We've prepared an Intro FAQ to address potential questions about the game:

[​IMG]

----------------------------------------
    King's League: Odyssey - Intro FAQ
    ----------------------------------------

Q: Wait hold up, before we start - is this a freemium game with timers and stuff?
    A: Nope, this is a 100% premium title. We're releasing it as a special launch sale price of $1.99, before it goes back to the regular price of $2.99 on November 23.

The "timers" in the game are part of the time/resource management gameplay, similar to the timers in Game Dev Story, etc. You'll have to balance how and what tasks you'd like to do within a certain period of in-game time.

Q: Hmm..how about IAPs? Is this game balanced to purge as much money out of us?
    A: The game is 100% balanced to be playable without the purchase of any IAPs. We do not sell in-game currency (gold, crystals, etc.) as IAPs at all because we're very sensitive to the game's balance.

We have IAPs only for premium characters that you can purchase, similar to premium games like Plague, Inc. Kingdom Rush and Combo Crew. We consider these add-ons for those who really enjoy the game and would like to consider supporting our developer Kurechii Studios, who have put all their energy in making the game.

Q: Phew, ok. So what's this game all about?
    A: In short, this is a strategy/resource management game that has you managing your knights, archers, etc. in competitive leagues, vying for the coveted spot in the King's round table. It's an enhanced mobile port of the hit Flash game that's one of the top strategy games on portals like Kongregate (where it also won the Game of the Month) and has over 5 million players

There's plenty of stuff to do like dungeons, quests, upgrading units, etc. and a lot of fun to be had in discovering how to collect the rare and unique characters like the Battle Mage and the Phantom.

Q: $1.99? Gadzooks, what's up with that?
    A: We think that is is actually a fair price given the fact that this mobile version includes all of these premium add-on content for the Flash version that costs $5.00:

1. Battlethon Event
    2. Legendary Units like the Battle Mage and the Phantom.
    3. Endless Mode
    - when you "beat" the game, you can keep playing in order to improve your Battlethon scores or to try to collect more characters. It's actually difficult to collect the rare characters because those appear within specific circumstances.
    - Your official scores will be the one where you get when you beat the game. So anything you gained in the Endless Mode will just be extra fun incentives.
    4. Insane Mode

Q: Alright,sweet, so what's new in this mobile version?
    A: Below are the new features for the mobile version:

1. Dungeons with bosses, including those only unlocked via Insane Mode.
    2. 7 brand new & unique characters to recruit.
    3. Upscaled all art & UI to HD.
    4. New enemies units.
    5. Revamped Black Market.
    6. New Events & Quests.
    7. Personalize your army's banner and name.
    8. Extended ending with new final (secret) boss.
    9. Intro animated video (the Flash version only has slideshows)

--------------------------------------------------

That's it for now, do let us know if you have any questions!