Universal King's League: Odyssey (Universal app by Gamenauts)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Nov 13, 2013.

1. Sylvr

Sylvr Well-Known Member

Dec 22, 2011
    it saves at the end of every in game month. i havent tried insane yet. i played it through once in normal and now im playing it through hard. one step at a time.

2. EroNasubi

EroNasubi Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2010
    This 'saves at the end of the month' is actually a very nice feature, especially in insane mode. Dun like the result in the current month? Just 'rewind' by exit to the main menu and started over with different strategy until you satisfy with the outcome. Cheating?

3. ednan

ednan Well-Known Member

I did only one run on Insane yet. I got every single character except this cleric. He never showed up for me (I've never lost enough to make him appear) and in endless mode no matter how many times I lose on purpose, he won't show up. So I guess I have to lose a lot in the beginning to get 100% =/

4. Echoen

Echoen Well-Known Member

May 16, 2012
    USA
    Lol I know how you feel :D been playing with IaP chars so I rarely drop in the early months

5. sandboxx

sandboxx Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2011
    The game keeps crashing every time I try to recruit one of the three players for my team. Every time I click on any player it crashes I have an ipod touch 4th gen and on ios 6.1.2

6. coxy

coxy Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2011
    England
    hi guys.... the archer.... do I need to pump points into his physical stat or just in agility? Thanks!

7. Hi all,

Just wanted everyone to give a quick update - regarding the save system, we've been trying out an in-game weekly save system, and so far it looks like it might work technically for us. Saving after each day will take its toll on the memory and has a higher chance of crashing.

So here's our plan for the first 1.1 update:

1. Fix crashes as much as possible.
    2. Update the save system to save after each in-game week.
    3. Tweak the Battlethon so that players can keep battling without going to the UI lobby and getting the final rewards in 1 sum at the end.

We want to be implement/test this new version as much as possible, so in terms of timeline, we think it might be available after Xmas/New Year. We also want to avoid any issues when submitting at the holiday season because iTunes Connect will be down for a week in Dec.

Thanks again for your patience! :)

8. Galenmereth

Galenmereth Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2012
    Tried enjoying this, but I just find it incredibly boring. After an hour it seems I've seen all there is to see except classes with minimal differences to them. Definitely not my cup of tea, but the design of the menus is impeccable. Shame the game is not much fun itself.

9. iPadisGreat

iPadisGreat Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Have you played the Kairosoft games? How does King's League Odyssey compare?

10. Echoen

Echoen Well-Known Member

May 16, 2012
    USA
    Lots of things happen at the same time in a Kairosoft game. It can become overwhelming for some. All the little things will distract you there and you'll often be scrolling around looking for something to pick on. It's more focused here in King's League, simply dealing with what you're going to do with your party given each month's worth of resources then hope it gets you a top score or undefeated achievements. The end result comes much faster than in Kairosoft games, in around 2 to 3 hours. Mess up and just try again. In that sense, you won't get as much total play time out of KL but it may be worthwhile.

11. Galenmereth

Galenmereth Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2012
    I've played My Edo Town (think that was the name). It's not really a comparable type of game; in MET you manage countless people and build up a town which you get to lay out and design, research new buildings and watch your empire grow. In King's League you manage a party of five heroes and what they train to increase stats, choose towns and dungeons to send them to, and hire new members or upgrade your existing ones. There's far less to micromanage ans far less to really do, but it is also a quicker affair where you can experiment more and start again more easily.

But if you like the complexity of what seems to be most of Kairosoft's games, KL might feel too simplistic.

12. iPadisGreat

iPadisGreat Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    #232 iPadisGreat, Nov 23, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2013
    Price went up.

Downloading...

Download size: 186MB
    Installed size: 559MB

13. spastronaut

spastronaut New Member

Sep 8, 2013
    hey guys,
    I'm loving this game so much. It has the beauty of Tiny Thief, is addicting as a proper RPG, and its pace is exactly right, reminding me of Have Minute Hero.

However, I'm having trouble unlocking three of the achievements. I met the requirements for them mutiple times, and on two different devices, and they still won't be transmitted to Game Center, even though they are shown in-game. So I'm pretty sure they might be glichted:
    Champ of Champs (beat Vanquish Valley dungeon)
    Incomig Prowess (beat Storm Legion dungeon)
    Best-o-thon (30 wins in battle arena)

Has anyone else experienced this? It's so frustrating because I got all the other achievements and am kind of OCD about getting all points...

14. kurechii

kurechii Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2013
    Indie Game Developer
    Malaysia
    Hi spastronaut,

We have investigated the achievement and found out that there's a glitch. It will be fixed in version 1.1!

Thanks for pointing it out, do let us know if you encounter any other glitches.
    We will try our best to address the problems and provide a great gaming experience to our payers.

15. Hi folks,

We're having our biggest sale ever for Xmas (regular price of $2.99 down to $0.99) for King's League: Odyssey.

For those on the fence, please check the game out. We think that $0.99 is a great deal for the game, especially one that won TA's Game of the Week. :)

16. Markku

Markku Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2011
    If I beat the game on flash is there a reason to buy it on ios?

17. spastronaut

spastronaut New Member

Sep 8, 2013
    Thanks so much kurechii!

18. Ramaz1234

Ramaz1234 Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2013
    This game is so amazing can't wait for future updates :)

19. kurechii

kurechii Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2013
    Indie Game Developer
    Malaysia
    If you enjoyed the flash version, I would recommend you to get the iOS version :)

We did a post to explain what is new in mobile version.
    http://kurechii.com/2013/11/kings-league-odyssey-ios-launch/

Q: Alright,sweet, so what's new in this mobile version?
    A: Below are the new features for the mobile version:

1. Dungeons with bosses, including those only unlocked via Insane Mode.
    2. 7 brand new & unique characters to recruit.
    3. Upscaled all art & UI to HD.
    4. New enemies units.
    5. Revamped Black Market.
    6. New Events & Quests.
    7. Personalize your army's banner and name.
    8. Extended ending with new final (secret) boss.
    9. Intro animated video (the Flash version only has slideshows)

20. When is thes sale over?