Universal Kings Hero 2: Turn Based RPG (by SVPMobile)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by itx, Mar 18, 2019.

1. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    Please allow screen rotation.
    My iPad Pro 12.9” sits in a stand and playing upside down makes the game somewhat a bit harder than I’m sure it is. o_O

jkluk23 likes this.
  2. Gambler

Gambler Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2014
    Gazorpazorp
    Only about an hour in but I like the game a lot so far - Very enjoyable RPG with an immersive world and deep, tactical combat - It‘s definitely not on the easy side. Looking to leave some further impressions after I‘ve played more of it but from what I’ve played til now I can recommend Kings Hero 2 to anybody who likes strategic RPGs.

jkluk23 likes this.
  3. candyjet

candyjet Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2010
    Not sure what I’m doing wrong here. I’m stuck on the second level, Phoenix Temple, and can’t win against either of the 2 battles I am faced with, the graveyard one and another with 2 green slime things.

I can’t escape the level, nor are there any other battles to be had to grind my way up.

I sold all my poorer items. Maybe I should have merged them?

Sat on over 3500 gold, with nothing to spend it on, no way out other than delete and reinstall.

What have I missed?

Thanks

CJ

4. sugimulm

sugimulm Well-Known Member

Got a code and I must say, it is one hell of a game. If you love tbs you will definitely love this one.
    I can’t say anything more positive as it’s been mentioned in prior comments, it’s that good.

As for cons, please add screen rotation please!!
    Minor inconvenience, but many here would not buy for this inconvenience.

Ijipop likes this.
  5. Warmskin

Warmskin Active Member

Jun 20, 2015
    I am on the Cursed Island. I’ve played this game for some time now and have used up all my inventory equipment by either selling them or using them to upgrade. I am totally stuck. There is a battle vs. opponents that I cannot win. It’s the battle vs. some huge guy in the center and 1 spider on 1 side and another spider on another. Behind these 3 enemies is a barricade. And behind that are a couple of other enemies. Of course I’m concentrating on the 3 in front first. I have played this battle more times than I can remember. I really do like your game. It’s a lot of fun. But this is not fun anymore. There is no portal open for me to go back to a maybe easier place and farm. I can’t go forward. I’ve beaten every other foe on this island. This game is not properly balanced. It needs more play testing, in my opinion. Not only that, but there is no other method to re-start than to delete the entire game and re-install it. This should have been allowed to happen. There should always be a way to go back and grind out some more ways to raise my level or improve my equipment. Why can’t you place another portal on this island (or other places with similar problems) to go back and upgrade so we can come back later and take another whack at it. Please. Or I’m gonna have to just accept the fact that I wasted $3. Not that I care about the money that much. I really want go back and finish this game, but it is impossible now. Please, put in portals to go back. You did that on some of the earlier places, but not here. Why not? Thanks for any help!

6. jkluk23

jkluk23 Active Member

Mar 13, 2014
    I am stuck at the exact same spot, and have stopped playing because of this. I really like this game and want to continue, but just can’t do anything...

7. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    To solve your predicament, take a look at the worldmap (bottom icon on the right side).
    There, you can travel to other locations directly, simply by tapping on them ;)

8. itx

itx Well-Known Member

Jan 26, 2010
    #48 itx, Mar 29, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2019
    You always can return to previous map to farm more and better equipment.
    Just open map and tap on location.
    P.S. And yes... started from Cursed island you need farm best equipment and upgrade it to progress.
    Most important - farm respawnable bosses

9. itx

itx Well-Known Member

Jan 26, 2010
    #49 itx, Mar 29, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2019
    Uhh.. screen rotation blocked because UI not optimized for X models ;( im afraid Apple can ban game if i unlock it
    UPDATED: Ok... ;) i send fix to appstore for review

1.917 Version:
    Critical in battle movement bug fixed
    Screen autorotation enabled

Ijipop, stubbieoz and sugimulm like this.
  10. itx

itx Well-Known Member

Jan 26, 2010
    Sorry ;( its the end. Only one way - complete remove game , and install again to start from beginning, you must upgrade your equipment
    Temple of Phoenix this is the only one location where you can't go back and farm more loot ;(

11. Warmskin

Warmskin Active Member

Jun 20, 2015
    You know, it might not be a bad idea writing a small documentation file to explain how the game works. It really might help!

jkluk23 likes this.
  12. candyjet

Aug 25, 2010
    Itx, to put it politely, that’s a fundamental flaw you’ve got going on there.
    As a short term minimum fix, you might warn players not to go down that avenue unless they think they’ve got a winning team.

Longer term, I’d suggest save points to avoid the delete/reinstall issue.

I like the game as far as I got, but...

jkluk23 likes this.
  13. Warmskin

Warmskin Active Member

Jun 20, 2015
    What exactly do you mean by this? Thanks very much! "Farm respawnable bosses?"?

14. candyjet

Aug 25, 2010
    Could you explain the mechanics of merging equipment a bit, please?
    No real idea what’s going on, other than I don’t lose so much.

15. itx

itx Well-Known Member

Jan 26, 2010
    In game five bosses in summoning circle - respawn every 30 sec and have chance drop best in game stuff

16. itx

itx Well-Known Member

Jan 26, 2010
    It's very easy.. always equip item which have small green arrow and upgrade it with items without arrow.
    Did you remember tutorial? Tap "upgrade" and select useless items to merge with your best equip

17. candyjet

Aug 25, 2010
    I did see that, but the points for the upgrades don’t seem to change.

18. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    Working here.
    Just to be sure.......
    you tap on the item you want to upgrade, then tap on the items you want to use (about four or five) and it will then show the upgrade stats you will get, and then you tap on the 500 gold button and the item upgrades.
    (Note:The 500 gold button remains on “free” until you pick enough items to upgrade. The upgrade stats only show up when the number of items required is reached).

19. Warmskin

Warmskin Active Member

Jun 20, 2015
    Itx, Thanks for the info on "Respawnable Bosses". Yeah I got that, that’s what I’ve been doing. Listen, the game is really good, but from all the same kinds of questions happening here, I think you can see, that you really need to incorporate in the game some kind of reference material we can see, so at certain points facts about how things actually work are accessible. I’ve seen this type of ‘accessible help’ done in many games.
    Just a suggestion, I really like this game, it’s a good one. Thanks.

jkluk23 likes this.
  20. Warmskin

Warmskin Active Member

Jun 20, 2015
    Itx, too much grinding. Grinding can be reeallly boring! Right now the game is waaaay too easy, or way too hard. You might want to rethink the ‘numbers’ a bit. Oh, and By the way, what do the arrows up and down mean. Thanks.