Universal Kings Hero 2: Turn Based RPG (by SVPMobile)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by itx, Mar 18, 2019.

1. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    Close, but no cigar :) They are both level 6 stuff.

2. se99jmk

se99jmk Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2010
    There’s a bug near the beginning where there’s no “upgrade” indicator if you don’t have an item equipped already - anything should be better than nothing!

@Nullzone - I have 3 red weapons, one for each, just missing archer! No idea where to get it unfortunately...

Managed to get to Lost Islands (after Cursed Island), though proving tricky...

3. se99jmk

Mar 1, 2010
    @Nullzone - confirmed you can get more than one red from a boss. Got two from tree mini boss in the labrynth

- don’t think there’s a respawn boss on Cursed Island?
    - is red the top tier? (Ie. Safe to go nuts upgrading)

Still want that bow

4. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    I am on Spider Islands already, one further than Lost Island.
    Didn't find a respawn boss on Cursed, either. @itx : Every area should have one ;)

Red seems to be top tier, at least for now. I upgraded like crazy too, the difficulty spikes are getting more and more insane :p
    Got quite a bunch of red weapons, and even an armor and a shield, from mass-farming the boss in the Labyrinth's topleft corner. A lot faster to kill than the one center-right, because you don't have to deal with those annoying crystals.
    I *think* I got my Red Bow from him as well.

In between, I do runs through easy to navigate areas and kill all the respawned monsters. While boss farming is good for higher grade equipment, for materials for mass upgrades and the gold for it, normal monsters are far more effective.
    If I don't forget, I can jot down my farm areas. What I still haven't figured out is what exactly triggers monster respawn.

5. Grungebob

Grungebob Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2010
    If you swap those items you’ll see.

6. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    For anyone, apart from me, that was somewhat confused or vague about the Kings Hero 2: Academy comment above, I can clarify a bit better after I saw itx comment over on the iMore site.

Quote by ixt on 19/03/2019;
    “Short free prequel KH2: Academy in review on appstore [​IMG] hope on next week it's can be released”

So if you are on the fence like me about buying the game, this may help your decision.
    Hopefully ixt will let us know when it becomes available. :)

Son of Anarchy likes this.
  7. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    Too late, already replaced them with Purple or better ones ;)

Which reminds me:
    Earlier, I thought that level-8 stuff is the "red" top tier. Wrong, actually: There's level-9 items too, with a brighter red color; while level-9 is a paler orange. If there's more, I haven't seen it yet.

@itx : Unless it was your intention that people grind/farm a metric f-ton to proceed, and that regularly, you should consider rebalancing loot drops. From level 25 onwards, maybe even as early as level 20, battle rewards can be at least 5x, I guess even 10x higher than they currently are.
    I am currently at party level 38, and have 4 tier-8 and 6 tier-9 items that I need to bring up from 1 to 8/9. I'm not even counting the tier-7s I still didn't complete, and the few tier-6 I still have left. And that is without going into starring them up and adding even more levels, just for basic 1-stars.

And I need that round of upgrades, because the difficulty spike with the Well of Souls boss is completely insane. I barely a make dent into the guy before he wipes me out.

Oh, and *that* is where I really want to be able to switch heroes: for farming regular battles. Having 4 Mages just blasting Armageddon would make the grind A LOT faster :D
    While for the Soulwell boss, I'd love to have 4 Paladins.

Relatively easy to implement, methinks: Add two more tabs to the equipment screen, with switches located in the bottomright corner (most free space). Equipment just stays with you. To avoid potential issues with weapon cloning, just have the weapon change class as well.

8. se99jmk

Mar 1, 2010
    @Nullzone - good to know about Tier 9!

- have you found a way to reset or farm stars, or have I “wasted” one with Tier 8 red?
    - any way to reset talent points? Or is there enough that it’s unecessary?

I haven’t finished spider island yet, but got trapped behind a black spider due to a bug.

I was repeatedly attempting black spider, it got into a loop where next battle would start immediately, no way to escape. Restarted game which fixed loop, but put me on other side of the spider! Got two chests, but now need to farm drops on previous island to escape black spider!

9. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    Which areas to farm:
    When you have access to them, the Lost Islands are the first really farmable area.
    NOTE: They stopped respawning for me now, it seems (not sure yet).

Well, the next farming area is the Way of Death. Takes slightly longer due to harder fights, but the payout is higher as well.

Many other areas don't seem to respawn at all. And while e.g. the Labyrinth completely respawned for me earlier, it no longer does so.

10. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    @se99jmk : Reset/farm Stars: Nope, nothing so far. I asked @itx about it in an earlier comment.
    Talentpoints: At first I thought a respec function might be needed. But doesn't seem to be. At level 35-40, I have all skills maxed, and 3 (Archer) or 12 (the others) skillpoints left for when/if the next one comes around.

11. se99jmk

Mar 1, 2010
    @Nullzone - from what I can tell, only the one previous island respawns... good to know about farming, Lost Islands is my current area for farming

Payout wise... it seems when selling there’s little to no difference between tiers, and makes no difference when merging, so is there better “payout” later?

Good to know skillpoints are abundant - but worried about “lost” stars though!

12. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    re payout:
    I'm fairly sure I get more Gold and higher quality items from Deathway than from Lost Island. But didn't note down any numbers, so not 100% certain.

@itx : That's another one you might want to improve:
    As se99jmk points out, item quality makes no difference when upgrading. If each tier gave "base tier" times "tier level" upgrade points, the whole process would be far less grindy. E.g. a base (white?) tier-1 item gives 10 upgrade points, then a green tier-2 would give 10 x 2 = 20 points. This is a pretty standard mechanic for this kind of upgrade paths.

13. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    And... just beat the Soulwell Boss :D To be continued... hopefully soon.
    Despite quite some grind, I really enjoyed KH2 so far.

Oh, and for the record: I didn't have to use any of my upgrade Stars. Just brought more and more equip up to maxlevel until I won. Have to say though, it very much was on the last thread. Only my Mage was still standing, with less than 50hp. Luckily I got my final shot in before the enemy did ;)

14. itx

itx Well-Known Member

Jan 26, 2010
    Hello all ;) Thnx for feedback! and sorry for delay.
    At the first, i agree , game UI (battle/map) not so good an must be improved, i have this in plans.

>UPDATE ON THAT ONE: Nevermind. I only now noticed the tiny arrows indicating a buff. If I got it right, it affects all 4 party members, right? If yes, you should change the description to make that more clear.
    Yes , some spells buff all party , i can change description in update

>And, most annoying currently: Remove their respawn timer. Why can they not just pop up again right away? With the wait, it feels like you are wasting my time :p
    Nooo ;) its only 30 sec timer , you can go and farm some simple mobs until he respawn.

> Another question: Are the upgrade stars limited? Or can I farm for those later? And can I recover ones I already used, e.g. by removing them?
    Only 10 stars total in game.... and you cant remove it.. i agree its a problem , but you don;t need all stars to kill final boss

>UPDATE: Oh, and can/do the mini-bosses drop more than one red weapon? Or is it limited to one per boss?
    One red weapon per boss

About red bow.. there a bug ;( respawn boss on phoenix temple must drop it , but drop only level 5 bow ;(

15. se99jmk

Mar 1, 2010
    Thanks @itx ! Aside from some small bugs, still really enjoyed this one

I'm only the last boss, already done a ton of farming to get to this point, going to need to farm a lot more!
    Only got 3 x Level 8 weapons, and a small handful of Tier 9 armor/accessories

Still got 10 gems, but going to need to farm massively to defeat the last boss I think...

Is Way of Death boss the last one?

16. Chamomile

Chamomile Member

Mar 5, 2019
    Hi,thx @itx for the promo codes...
    I dont know if already mentioned before,but sometimes in battle,i cannot click anything beside the defense button..
    So all i can do is skip my turn and watch my hero die
    It happens 3 times in the beginning of the game againts the spider things..

I’m using ipad 2017 edition ios 12.1.4

17. itx

itx Well-Known Member

Jan 26, 2010
    Hi! Yes it's last Boss ;) I hope I can develop extension for game with new bosses and new features.

18. itx

itx Well-Known Member

Jan 26, 2010
    Tnx for report, can you please send me screenshot when it's happen?
    [email protected]

19. itx

itx Well-Known Member

Jan 26, 2010
    Respawn ONLY previous area, not all areas ;)

20. Chamomile

Chamomile Member

Mar 5, 2019
    Already send email to you.
    It’s happen again with skeleton enemy.
    5 times now