King's Bounty - now on iPad! $100 Gift card for best review

Discussion in 'Promo Codes and Contests' started by GoodClearFun, Aug 21, 2012.

1. Hi guys!

I'm glad to announce that the famous strategy King's Bounty is available for iPad! I would like to offer you to participate in the 'Best Review' contest and win a $100 US App Store gift card. The contest starts now and will be held during 1 week. It will end on August 28. Please, give us your honest reviews and win the gift card! Good luck everyone!

The app can be downloaded from http://itunes.apple.com/app/kings-bounty-legions/id507975944?mt=8

Thanks for participation!

2. parranoya

parranoya Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2008
    The thing I get paid for
    CANADIA
    Hmmmm

Hey wait! You mean I can get paid to write good reviews of games? Does not someone already have this job? Hey wait it's on another site....you might have better luck over there.

3. No, you will not get paid for a good review. This is a review contest, and a "good review" doesn't mean 5-star review. If someone gives us a piece of constructive criticism, we will also appreciate that. All reviews participate in the contest.

4. Daver16

Daver16 Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2011
    Reviewed on US Appstore as David Abarno

Fun Turn Based Fighting

In King's Bounty: Legions you have a team of warriors and participate in turn based battles to complete quests and can even duel. There are tons of quests to which will give you exp, items, and even somethings new fighters for your team. The graphic are great along with the sound effects. Controls are easy and the tutorial helps out a lot to figure out how to play. There is a great battle system that is engaging and will keep you really busy.
    One thing I didn't really like is that you have to have facebook to create an account. I think it would be great if they had an option to play without connecting to your facebook account.
    Overall King's Bounty is a lot of fun and perfect for people who enjoy turn based fighting games. Best part is that it is free do yourself a favor and pick it up today!

5. Great! Thanks a lot for participation, Daver!

6. Donovan1209

Donovan1209 Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2010
    United States
    I reviewed as Donovan1209 in the US AppStore:

(5 stars)
    This is one fantastic turned-base strategy game!

King's Bounty: Legions is a game where you control an army of creatures. And of course, this game is a game that HAS to have quests, and it delivers in that aspect as well! There are loads of quests to do, and the rewards are awesome with exp, loot, and maybe even a new creature to fight for you! And thankfully, the controls aren't difficult to use, in fact, they're really easy! The game is beautiful with epic environments! It also sounds great! The turn-based system of battling will keep you coming back for a long time. But a game this nice is bound to have a few flaws, such as the requirement to have a Facebook account to play. In general, the game is a fantastic turn-base strategy with a few annoying social network things, which are easily ignored if you're playing the game. The game is free, so even then there's no real reason to complain. Just go download it right now!

7. Donovan,

Thanks a lot for taking part in the contest!

8. Bibiphok

Bibiphok New Member

Aug 24, 2012
    Review

Here is mine, love you guys and thanks for the good work! :)

If you're like me and have always been a big fan of Heroes of Might and Magic since the first edition, you will love King's Bounty! In fact King's Bounty is the game that started the genre long time ago (25 years ago?!). This iOS version is just the last iteration of the awesome reboot of the oldie that was release on PC 3 years ago, followed by the Facebook version.
    I really loved the PC version by Nival and must have spent hundreds of hours on it! The solo game is definitely way better than its Heroes counterpart.... The Facebook and iOS version keep all the foundations that made the game a success, turn based combat, story, exploration, skills... But in a "free to play" shell. Some may say for the worse, some for the better.... Truth is that it's not too intrusive and you can definitely play without paying, as long as you don't play too much at a time, which is well suited for playing on the train for example. The iOS port is excellent even if there are still a few things that could be improved to better suit the iPad format, like some of the choices ate too small and are hard to select on the touch screen. But overall it's an impressive port, definitely worth download... As it's free anyway! And knowing Nival, they will stand behind their product and massive updates are to be expected, the same way the Facebook version has improve massively overtime!

One more comment developers... I'd love you to port Etherlord to iOS, I really think it would be a superb fit to the iPad, and I live the game!!

9. Zylch

Zylch Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Reviewed on US Appstore as "Zylch :D"

Thanks for the contest!

10. dreadnok

dreadnok Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2011
    I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum I'm ou
    Reviewed as dreadnok US appstore

11. taz_79

taz_79 Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Reviewed as sofian_us

Best concept, character, and story strategic game! (5 stars)

This game is awesome with its fascinating story, graphic, and amazing characters …. remind me of the unfinished comic book Battle Chaser by Joe Madureira … I hope there will be more update, add monsters characters or riding animals such as centaurs, raven, unicorn, etc …

12. violentv

violentv Well-Known Member

Nov 4, 2010
    #12 violentv, Aug 28, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2012
    Reviewed as TheVengefulOne in the US Appstore

13. snapb202

snapb202 Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2012
    #13 snapb202, Aug 28, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2012
    Thanks for the generous competition
    Left my review on the Appstore - nickname snapb202

Sorry its a bit long - but I've been playing Kings Bounty Legions for a while now on facebook and have really got captivated by the game. I'm not a hard core gamer so my review is more sort of an introduction to the game for people who haven't tried it yet - if they do - they are sure to get addicted!! (like me)
    I think its the social aspect that's so compelling, and now that it's cross-platform, it opens up a whole lot of new possibilities.

Join the pursuit of ADVENTURE and GLORY - be a HERO, become a LEGEND!!

Kings Bounty legions, is a classic hard core medieval fantasy strategy game that will inspire and capture the imagination of not just the avid gamer but the relative newbie. I first started my own adventure on Facebook, joining the ranks of more than a million on-line gamers, and I haven't looked back since.

It is the first 3D, turn based cross platform strategy game to hit both Facebook and the iPad. The visuals are stunning on the retina display and I love the fact that I can now continue my skirmishes and quests without being tied down to my computer/laptop.

The basic premise of the epic storyline is simple: take control of your destiny and raise a formidable all-conquering army while completing challenging quests and adventures.

The fun gets heightened as you challenge your friends and foes in battles to establish your armies superiority and prove once and for all who's legion is the mightiest

Your job as a young warlord is to outwit and outperform everyone else with the combined help of your own strategy, powerful enchantments and magical spells and of course your loyal legion consisting of fearsome warriors and fantastical and ferocious beasts which you upgrade and embellish with more powers and skills as you win more battles and skirmishes. During your campaign of complete and total domination, you acquire more strength and power ups along with the experience and glory.

The key is co-ordinating and putting together the best army possible for that particular battle or quest. There are more than 40 unique units within the 4 distinct factions – Kingdom, Chaos, Ancients, and Beasts. As you put together your invincible army - menacing warlords, nimble archers, Powerful Magicians and healers along with ancient serpents, vicious black unicorns and a huge host of other mythical monsters and brave warriors are brought vividly to life. The victor is not always the largest or strongest - being nimble and strategic placement of the troops plays a big role in the eventual outcome.

As you play more, you will learn to select which particular customizations best compliment your style and preferred approach to battle and you will get familiar with the ones that best give you that extra edge as you move your legion from mortal to immortal and finally to legendary status.

A unique twist which is very convenient is the fact that you can lend out your troops on "patrol" while you are resting and recuperating your strength & energy. You don't have to be actively playing but anything won by your patrol as they help a fellow warlord will be carried over to you and added to your own cache of experience and gold rewards without loss of energy. Other ways of making up energy points without resting is to challenge a fellow gamer to a one on one battle.

If you are a fan of RPG's filled to the brim with high adventure, heroism and epic fantasy injected with a strong dose of game winning strategy and well thought out manoeuvres- download this free-to-play game and prove your mettle and leadership qualities in this epic strategy based medieval fantasy. LET THE BATTLE BEGIN!!

[​IMG]

14. worldcitizen1919

worldcitizen1919 Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2012
    Posted under VictoriousNow on the App Store

Opportunity Lost

King's Bounty on the iPad is absolutely stunning and gameplay is perfect but a few major problems may turn gamers off.

First there is the very tiny almost unreadable fonts in some cases, then the need for a Facebook login. To top this off I came across a gem market where prices range from 99 cents to $99.99.

Charge me $20 and I'd buy it but to pay to progress is not the iOS model I support. I would rather pay a premium price and have the game to play and upgrade to my hearts content than to find my progress thwarted by a lack of cash.

Gladly pay a premium price instead of IAP. Gladly pay for episodes and extra content but not for gameplay.

This game gets 100% for gameplay and graphics and sound but minus 90% for the extremely expensive pricing model which they espouse.

Sorry but I cannot support this pricing model.��

15. Left a review in US iTunes under agleung.

16. Thank you everyone for the great reviews! The winner will be announced during the next 24 hours.

Good luck!

17. Donovan1209

Jan 28, 2010
    United States
    This is turning into a length contest ._.

18. dreadnok

Jun 8, 2011
    Lol you must be new here :) seems there's no better review than one that's drawn out

19. Donovan1209

Jan 28, 2010
    United States
    Lol, nearly 3000 posts here, I'm certainly not new. And length isn't everything, I can tell you that much. You can review a game in a single sentence and still have it be a "good review". Summarizing is best rather than longer reviews feel that feel drawn out and boring.

20. dreadnok

Jun 8, 2011
    Ment that as a joke dude I've seen your posts I'm just saying that's seems to be the fad now full essays for reviews :D