Universal KingdomGame2 - 10 years on and a reboot of the original game!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by PaulHutson, Mar 4, 2018.

1. PaulHutson

PaulHutson New Member

Mar 4, 2018
    Hello,

Hopefully I've posted this in the right place - almost ten years ago to the day I wrote one of the first games of iOS, back when there was no App store (there was a "webapp" store which you were pushed to through Safari) and the iPhone 1 had only just been released...

... anyway, I've recreated the game to work in more of a modern way - when the game was first created ten years ago there was no such thing as mobile styling, there was no guideline as to how to build things... the game was formatted to work on the phone with hard coded non-responsive styling...

... the game has, as I've said above, been entirely updated to work better in a more modern way, to give an overview of the game - it's a medieval strategy game designed to only take a few minutes every now and then but to keep you coming back to play day after day in an ever-evolving world

Why am I writing this post? Well, last time around, there were a number of people on the forums here who were happy to help out with the testing - and it'd be great if any of those originals (or, in fact, anyone reading this) would be willing to try it out again! The feedback that was given last time really improved the game very quickly.

Play it at the following URL: https://www.kingdomgame.net - there is an app coming in the future as well.

Thanks in advance to anyone who gives it a test, it's very very much appreciated!

Kind regards,
    Paul Hutson

More information about the game:

[​IMG]

Fight in a world of a thousand kingdoms by ruling your own kingdom!
    KingdomGame puts you in control as the absolute leader of a fledgling
    nation as it begins on it's path to riches, glory and political intrigue.

Will you be a war monger, fighting with those kingdoms around you? Will
    you be a trader producing goods for sale around the globe? Or will you
    be a spy master, hidden in the shadows waiting to strike?

How Will You Rule?

Some other screenshots, etc:

All new style
    [​IMG]
    The game has been updated to use an all new and modern styling.

Population
    [​IMG]
    Expand your population and train forces to defend your land and battle your foes.

Rankings
    [​IMG]
    Track your Kingdoms progress in our realtime rankings. How are your neighbours faring?

Diplomacy
    [​IMG]
    Join or create alliances with Kingdoms that share your common interests.

Alliances
    [​IMG]
    Expand your population and train forces to defend your land and battle your foes.

Research
    [​IMG]
    Research new technologies and skills for the people of your kingdom to make use of.

Espionage
    [​IMG]
    There is a cloak-and-daggers world happening behind the scenes - will you be the spymaster?

2. Stronsay

Stronsay Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2015
    Interesting post. Signed up under Lion Kingdom.

3. PaulHutson

PaulHutson New Member

Mar 4, 2018
    Thanks very much for giving it a go - if you have any questions please let me know! :)

4. Stronsay

Stronsay Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2015
    Thanks. Two questions. I’m working through the tutorials and looking to attack another kingdom using footmen and peasants. Every attempt is resulting in an ‘out of range’ message, but there doesn’t appear to be any indication of which kingdoms are within range.

Also, there is no direct attack link showing from the rankings screen.