Universal Kingdom Two Crowns (by Raw Fury)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Apr 27, 2020.

1. macplash

macplash Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    @metalcasket I have to say it’s one hell of a good argument you got there in that second paragraph man! If you put it this way, it’s hard to argue. Not that I was planning to or anything. I love the franchise. For those undecided ones you made a damn good point.:)

metalcasket likes this.
  2. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    It really is nuts when you think about it. Sure, Two Crowns has been out on other platforms for a couple of years at this point, but for it to launch on iOS without any disadvantages (compared to other platforms) whatsoever in terms of brand new, BRAND NEW content? Nuts!

ste86uk likes this.
  3. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    A few hours and I should finally get some time to check this out. So hyped for it. That along with the horizon chase news in super happy today.

4. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    #24 ste86uk, Apr 28, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2020
    Well I just launched it for the first time and thought I’ll have a little go. An hour wizzed by in no time and I’d of stayed on it longer if I didn’t have to work. It certainly seems like one you need to learn as you play, as I built farms but had no idea what they were and then when I got scythes he went to the farm but it was undefended so he got hit and lost his scythe.

What happens when they get hit and drop the item they are currently using? Also do you lose the person or just the item? It’s seeming like I can build walls further out but so far not towers to defend with. Also my caravan man which was only only means of gold seems to have vanished?

Anyway so many questions like those above but I’m sure I’ll learn as I play and figure it all out. I’m happy I purchased this as I’m looking forward to playing more.

5. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Yes. :)

Haha, not trolling. Part of the beauty of the Kingdom franchise is figuring out what you have to do, and thankfully it's not uninviting and obtuse (unlike Cultist Simulator).

ste86uk and macplash like this.
  6. sakara214ever

sakara214ever Well-Known Member

May 10, 2012
    A question before i buy this beauty. When you die do you lose everything and start from the beginning?

7. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    I just died for the first time after venturing too far so my horse got tired and the monsters caught me. Finding it hard to tell when night it coming!

But it doesn’t seem like you lose everything, I lost all of my walls and tools it seems but all of my buildings seemed to remain.

sakara214ever likes this.
  8. Rocksaint

Rocksaint Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2013
    I think the gem of this game is discovery. Anything and everything can be a spoiler. It's so much more satisfying to figure things out on your own. (People with OCD beware, you will not enjoy everything that you discover - some things will put you off :p)

Today I discovered something that totally took me by surprise. I am not even sure whether I like it or not. But it is what it is. One thing's for sure, I did not see it coming from a mile away. :)

ste86uk likes this.
  9. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    I’m already thinking of starting again because of some things I’ve learnt. But then I wonder is it worth it since I don’t loose everything when I die anyway. It’s just efficiency I’ve lost and could do better now I know more.

10. Rocksaint

Rocksaint Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2013
    Trust me. I've had the same feeling. Twice in two days now.

Yesterday night I met with the same fate as you because I was too adventurous. I instantly thought of restarting and doing it right. I was so bummed out about it. Today something happened (won't spoil) and I felt like I did it wrong. But I think that's the way this game is meant to be played. I think this feeling that we have is quite intentional from a design point of view. Everything will not go the way we plan or the way we want it to go. Some things will elevate us whereas some things will make us question our decisions.

But I think this is exactly what the designers were trying to achieve from the get-go. And if they really were, hats off to them. They nailed it.

ste86uk likes this.
  11. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    I restarted but only because I lost the merchant way before I needed to.

Although now I keep loading in as a woman with some eagle hat on? I reset it multiple times and just keep getting that rather than the king with a crown?

Also does the area matter as I notice many have less space for farms than I use to have.

12. sakara214ever

May 10, 2012
    Thanks mate :)

13. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    Figured out I can change the avatar just by tapping it while it’s loading in on a new game. I’m glad I restarted as I’m only about an hour and a half in on the new play through and I’m doing much better and have much more than in my first attempt not knowing anything.

Although I don’t plan on starting again I plan to keep going now regardless of what happens. The game is so addictive you just want to keep doing another day.

Rocksaint, macplash and sakara214ever like this.
  14. midasmulligan

midasmulligan Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2015
    Is this stuttering for anyone else? It’s runs horribly on my XS Max, getting like 20 fps with constant micro stuttering

bx59 likes this.
  15. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    #35 Echoseven, Apr 29, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2020
    How much free space have you got? And was your battery low, by any chance? From personal experience, those are the two reasons my poor iPhone 8 ever chugs.

I have noticed VERY minor and VERY occasional stuttering, but I streamed the game from my phone to an Apple TV, which is more likely the culprit.

I’m about to restart for the third time, playing with my partner this time. The first time we (me playing, her watching) accidentally went to the second island with about... 3 coins. After miraculously surviving thanks to chests, we built up the second island and decided to go back to island 1 on day 50-ish.

Then we saw the gryphon and blew all the coins we had, because GRYPHON. Then we realised that decay happens with literally 1 coin to our name. And then our poor day-5 town was attacked by a night-50 wave and... well, we survived that night after losing and recovering the crown about 5 times. But not the next. By this point we had no people, no walls, and that single coin.

Soooo, new game time. This time in multiplayer. :D

ste86uk likes this.
  16. KeKhan

KeKhan Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    all the animals love me... 357C50CA-A80F-4C9F-9464-F505F3BCD825.png
    sadly, my faithful dog was eaten by the greed shortly after

ste86uk likes this.
  17. Brightsiderus

Brightsiderus Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2017
    Uh... I don’t really understand what should I do in this game. I just suck at it

18. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    #38 ste86uk, Apr 29, 2020
    How do I know when to use the boat and move on? Are the benefits staying where you are to do as much as you can first?

I’m rich and just throwing money at the banker so I can pickup more money but how do I know how much I have banked? Or get it or the interest?

Also I did try and google it and it mentions about decay when you leave your island and you need to visit back to stop things all decaying. How often do you visit back and does it cost you much?

19. sakara214ever

May 10, 2012
    #39 sakara214ever, Apr 29, 2020
    Weird i bought the game on iPad and i try to download on iPhone and it does not show up in purchased list. Tried to follow the link from here and it still asks me for 10.99€. Anyone else having this issue?

Edit.
    It is fixed now seems like some time was needed for the purchase to be completed through my credit card.

20. KeKhan

KeKhan Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    You can move on when you want, but i would suggest having full bag of loot, and having as many in the boat as you can. Also, you want to unlock as much of the island secrets as you can, but some require you to return later so that’s up to you.

ste86uk likes this.