Universal Kingdom Rush Vengeance (by Ironhide)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by nyanpass, Nov 21, 2018.

1. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    @macplash I’ve been wondering if you checked this or the others out in the end and what you thought?

2. macplash

macplash Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    I have it installed. Since you said I can start with this one, I didn’t install the rest, just this one. But I didn’t have an opportunity to get into it tbh. I still didn’t finish Reventure. I got totally hooked with Zombie Night Terror. Snake Core got released. In between I’m always going back to Dead Cells. I’m still grinding last chapter in Aces of the Luftwaffe. Casually I’m playing Flexris and Sidewords, Astra Prime etc. Just for a few minutes, here and there.

I need to get into it soon. Orwell is being released tomorrow. And Door Kickers Action Squad in a week. So I need to fit it between these two in next couple of days. Assuming it’s as great as everyone’s claiming, I need to free up some serious time for it.

ste86uk likes this.
  3. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    Tell me about it, what a first world problem we have with just so many games and so little time!

I’ll have to get back on this one too, I completed it completely with all challenges etc but when they updated it I hardly got back into it but really want to finish it off with the extra content they added.

4. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    @ste86uk ok, now I'm starting to remember why I've been avoiding this genre for years. It's because I'm utterly lame at it! I just made a few attempts and even though I'm playing on Easy, I'm getting annihilated in 3rd level already. It's crazy how ineffective my towers are. I understand the game mechanics, but once those different enemies are mixed together in a single wave, I'm just losing it. And what's pissing me off the most is that the enemy ignores my units constantly. They're just rushing through. Effin' cowards! Why not to stop and fight? Give my towers a chance to kill them while they're distracted. No no, freaking geniuses running through, dodging my units like there's a free icecream behind the finish line. If the game was zoomed in more I'd probably see them giving me a finger right before they disappear. Man, I hate this game! But since I paid top dollar for it (*cough 49 cents *cough), I'll give it one more try!:D

5. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    @macplash ah yes it’s definitely not a cake walk of a game. Units are different some do stop to fight and some as you can see just charge past and try and run for the exit. You just have to change tactics and try different things, I’m sure if you really tried you’d probably be better at the game than most of us given your progress in dead cells.

macplash likes this.
  6. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    @ste86uk thanks for confidence boost but let's be honest - Dead Cells is completely different genre. For example, I really suck at strategy games. My general go to strategy is to build as many units as possible and send them all to attack. It almost never works so I'm just not playing strategy games. I mean, it was good enough for the first Command and Conquer maybe, but it most certainly won't fly with Starcraft 2 and others. So I just avoid the genre out of principle. And the same applies to tower defense. With just a slight difference. I have no strategy for tower defense genre at all. None whatsoever. And it shows. It's hard to watch my own gameplay. That's how bad I am at it.:)

ste86uk likes this.
  7. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    @macplash everyone likes different things and it’s a shame you aren’t into strategy or tower defence but it’s always good to try something if you haven’t for a while because sometimes things just click and you get it and love it.

macplash likes this.
  8. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    @ste86uk they usually click if you're patient enough. Which I'm becoming less and less with every next failed attempt.;)

ste86uk likes this.
  9. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    @macplash I don’t remember what the early levels are like but the places you pick for your towers matters a lot not just the towers you use and when you chose to upgrade them.

But when the map permits I like to place my ground troops near the exit usually 2 towers of them together to stop more units and then have an AoE tower being able to hit that and really just rely on killing everything in that kill zone with using the rest of the spaces just to weaken everything with physical and magical damage. But each map can change your plan!

Use the hero and reinforcements liberally along with the hero ability if you have that yet. I used Asra since she can get around the map quickly and I liked her abilities too.

With the talk of strategy games I always liked playing defence, I didn’t care about destroying the enemy like on c&c tiberian sun still my favourite c&c ever I just built huge impenetrable bases and then eventually when I was done and couldn’t possibly do anything extra I’d build up an elite strike squad of expensive units. It give me more fun than battling, so I guess tower defence is good for me. Although still not as good as c&c.

macplash likes this.