Universal Kingdom Rush Vengeance (by Ironhide)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by nyanpass, Nov 21, 2018.

1. TDLove

TDLove Member

Mar 13, 2010
    I think the game could definitely use some extra levels, hopefully soon.

All of the included levels are great, but for all the time we waited for the game to be released, it was pretty quick to play through.

Hoping the devs add some bonus levels with one of the upcoming updates.

2. Habakuk

Habakuk Well-Known Member

Update is out! Now you can sell towers without crashing the game to homescreen. (Tried it once and it works.)

I'd say you can't win level #7 "Bolgur's Throne" with three stars on "normal" difficulty without selling far-away (and unneeded) towers (and use the money on upgrading near ones) when the greedy king of the dwarves slowly starts to fight as a last mighty boss.

And the "50% off" sale of the towers and heroes seems to be prolonged according to my local ios app store.

3. TicTac

TicTac Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2011
    I love the Dark Knights (still do) and used them until I discovered elite harassers. The latter have high dps, are able to do ranged attacks and their 5s cooldown makes them effectively invincible. Plus the curved swords look freaking cool which is 90% of the reason why I prefer them over the DKs. On the downside they start off weak so you have to upgrade them to level IV before they get any decent.

The dark knights are absolute tanks, I was farming achievements on casual and discovered that 2 DK towers are able to completely stop Gerald Lightseeker (Duke Nukem boss) in his tracks. I left them there to grind down his health without issues.

4. nyanpass

nyanpass Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2017
  5. slewis7

slewis7 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    I have just a level or two left and I have beaten all the levels I played with 3 stars and never sold a tower. However, I have gone back to get the 3rd stars when I have progressed further in the game, so my hero’s and towers were leveled up a bit further. Not sure if I needed that to 3 star level 7.

6. TheRealist82

TheRealist82 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2016
    Hy!
    is there no
    encyclopedia for Enemies?....like in the other Kingdom Rush games?

7. TicTac

TicTac Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2011
    Just finished #7 Bolgur’s throne on impossible with no lives lost, no towers sold and no items used. This was my setup.

[​IMG]

slewis7 likes this.
  8. TicTac

TicTac Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2011
    Does anyone know when does the next content update typically arrive? I’ve done all there is to do on Vengeance and I’m actually replaying Frontiers out of boredom.

With respect to the ending I’m wondering if we’re going to see a lot more content updates this time. That’s a hell of a cliffhanger to end the game on, and with so many towers and the size of the map surely they must be planning to add a lot more content than usual. The aggressive IAP tactics this time round could be a factor as well if they know in advance that they need extra funding.

Obviously there’s a good chance I’m just talking out of my behind but I don’t know what do you guys think.

9. ramzarules

ramzarules Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    if you could get one, would you get this or iron marines? factors are cooler non-iap heroes and general enjoy-ability (hah)

10. Rocksaint

Rocksaint Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2013
    I only played/tested Iron Marines briefly during its beta period. So I might not be the best person to answer this.

But I purchased Kingdom Rush Vengeance few days back and I am thoroughly enjoying it. So much that I even went ahead and purchased the limited time Starter Pack bundle as well. Not because I needed the bundle (though it does help), but because I wanted to support the developers more. I won't deny, it is more of the same, it is very intense and it does have paywalls for most cool heroes and some really nice towers. But you don't really need them to progress in the game. And you certainly don't need all of them at the same time. Maybe later on into the game, you can pick up one favorite hero and tower or maybe two. That's upto you. Totally optional. And it helps the developers too. So I am totally fine with that.

Now comparing the two purely based on gameplay - Iron Marines is more of an RTS with a lot of freedom of movement. Kingdom Rush Vengeance mostly stays true to it's genre of tower defense.

I personally would prefer Kingdom Rush Vengeance over Iron Marines because:-
    1. I am more of a medieval types than the futuristic types.
    2. I enjoy the intensity of the genre and how well its done. Suits the mobile platform perfectly.
    3. You get to be the villain - and that's pretty awesome.

ramzarules likes this.
  11. kozz84

kozz84 Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2012
    IMO Kingdom Rush. But I like tower defense games and this genres works perfectly on touch screens. Also KR is one of the best tower defense game made. Iron Marines tries to be a rts, but when you compere to other games it’s pretty weak.

I stopped playing Iron Marines by second planet. At the beginning it was fun, I enjoed the setting, interesting unit swap mechanics, beautiful graphics, production values etc., but slowly things started to annoy me. I noticed enemies start to spawn in a weird scripted way. It’s hard to explain, but several times I was about to attack the last enemy base and cpu droped out of nowhere massive forces at my home base and I was dead in 10 seconds. Incredibly disheartening. Maps are small, you control max 7 unit squads, limited base building etc.

ramzarules and TicTac like this.
  12. Rocksaint

Nov 29, 2013
    Holiday sale is live! All heroes and towers are on sale ranging from 30% to 66% off.

TicTac likes this.
  13. RichardC

RichardC Active Member

Mar 12, 2011
    Anyone have a some recommendations on Towers and Heroes worth buying with this sale? Even with the sale, $25 for everything is a bit much. Plus I know I won't play enough to level up all the heroes.

Thanks in advance!

14. kozz84

kozz84 Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2012
    I would buy the two cheapest towers.zombies and trees

15. Shortdog5150

Shortdog5150 Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2015
    Male
    How do I buy the bundles for the towers/heroes? All I see is the option to purchase them individually.

16. Trevor

Trevor Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
    Game itself finally on sale; $2.99

17. kozz84

kozz84 Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2012
    Click on the "plus" near the gem icon in the top left corner of the world map.

18. Shortdog5150

Shortdog5150 Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2015
    Male
    Not showing up for me...maybe you have to pass a certain amount of levels?

19. kozz84

kozz84 Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2012
    In that case there are no bundles available now.

20. Rocksaint

Nov 29, 2013
    Just found out that the Grim Cemetery and the Elite Harassers are a deadly combo to not only hold enemies off but also to clean them up swiftly.

One question, is are any purchasable spell that can deal with flying units? Going by their description, it feels only the last (999 Gems) spell will deal with them but I wanna refrain from using that spell.