Universal Kingdom Rush Vengeance (by Ironhide)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by nyanpass, Nov 21, 2018.

1. nyanpass

nyanpass Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2017
    [GamePlay] Kingdom Rush Vengeance - Tutorial

Here, GamePlay Video for Tutorial.
    Pretty impressive! :)

2. ShinHadoukin

ShinHadoukin Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2015
    Seems to be a F2P game in a Premium game skin. They make great games & the App Store is crazy so I understand but it’s a shame. I see people comment, “you can beat the game without purchasing the other stuff.” Well, IAP doesn’t work if the economy of the game does not show benefit to making a purchase.

Regardless, I hope they do well. If I see a review or praise from Metal in this forum I will purchase. I like to see a game live up to the hype & not just assume.

3. allsopj84

allsopj84 Active Member

Jun 13, 2018
    Male
    Does this game have cloud saving across devices? Apologies if I have missed this but I couldn’t see anything listed in the app description on the Store.

4. hbernritter

hbernritter Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2010
    Inventory/Marketing Manager
    Toledo, OH
    Cancelled my preorder in US Store and could just buy, dl'ing now

5. redribbon

redribbon Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
    same iteration, same formula, different story. if you like the previous kingdom rush series like i do then you'll gonna love this one too. still the best tower defense games on mobile for me.

6. drunk_vader

drunk_vader Active Member

Feb 23, 2015
    Barista
    Winnipeg, MB, Canada
    Wait a sec, so now the towers are behind a paywall? What the hell? And they charge $5 for it?

7. Pencil

Pencil Member

Sep 14, 2017
    You have 11 free towers and 5 premium towers. They're all of a similar power level.
    Bear in mind all previous kingdom rush games only had 8 towers.

8. sakara214ever

sakara214ever Well-Known Member

May 10, 2012
    What the? I thought there where 4 towers in all previous kingdom rush games

9. orangecan

orangecan Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2011
    It’s the first ever preorder that’s actually worked for me and downloaded itself when it was supposed to!

10. Pencil

Pencil Member

Sep 14, 2017
    There's 4 basic towers, yes, but each have 2 very distinct variants, which most consider to be different towers in their own right.

sakara214ever likes this.
  11. badmanj

badmanj Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Software developer
    Reading, England
    Nah screw this. It’s a fiver to buy and I still need to pay IAP to enjoy it entirely? Sorry; not good enough.

Only way I’d find this ok would be if you pay a fiver for the game “as is” and can pay another fiver as an IAP to unlock all the other stuff. That’s kind of ok because you know it’s a tenner for a top premium game. All the fragmented IAP though is nasty.

drunk_vader and Son of Anarchy like this.
  12. proof21

proof21 Well-Known Member

May 25, 2012
    The only time I have felt this games difficulty was balanced was with the original back years ago. After they introduced IAP to the series the balance has always felt a bit off. A bit greedy if you ask me; as the game is already premium priced and incredibly successful.

13. sakara214ever

May 10, 2012
    Oh ok now i get it! Thanks for clarifying i thought i missed something:p

14. Trevor

Trevor Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
    I’ve been out of the iOS game buying scene for awhile. Are there still sales and temporary freebies all the time? Pretty sure I’ve bought every ironhead and other top game for free or 99 cents within weeks of release.

15. orangecan

orangecan Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2011
    I’m not sure I’d agree with you on that, I’ve found them all to be pretty much the same on the difficulty/balance level and while I’ve never bought any for any of them I do agree with you that as a premium priced game it’s always felt a bit off to me that they feel the need to include iap.

If it was anything other than a KD game I think I’d balk at paying a fiver for a TD with iap, but I know how much I’ve enjoyed them all in the past and so far with this one it’s basically more of the same. You could easily criticise it for bringing nothing new to the game, and that’d be more than fair but I like it - it feels now more like I’m paying a fiver a year for an expansion to the first game rather than a new one but I’ve no real issue with that - but then I really like a good TD.

16. sakara214ever

May 10, 2012
    For anyone interested this one has icloud support between iphone and ipad. A formula that ironhide first introduced with iron marines. You have to do nothing. When you open the game it detects the newest icloud save and asks if you want to load it.

17. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    #37 L.Lawliet, Nov 22, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2018
    The quality of this KR game is astounding. Each time a new one releases, I'm surprised how they can consistently make the quality better. The art and animations are superb. Everything looks fluid which most 2D drawn games struggle with. The graphics are crisp and zooming in looks just as great as zoomed out. The new design of interfaces, stat menus, etc are all nice improvements over KR Origins. It's a clean and contemporary design that looks perfect on a big screen (iPhone Xs).

The new game mechanics are what I love the most. Equipping towers adds a whole new strategy since you can mix around what you want to use. Replayability goes up a huge amount. Then since we're playing the bad guys now, the theme is completely different and this will probably feel like the freshest KR in a long time. I recommend this one for sure.

(The character quotes are one of my favorite parts of the series. The summoned goonies always saying "I hate this job" is hilarious)

TicTac likes this.
  18. Rohit Bhatia

Rohit Bhatia Member

Jun 17, 2016
    Male
    Youtube
    India
    You got the right idea. I am a beta tester and I will be completely honest with you. I reached the end of the game without using any gems or premium towers and premium towers.
    For the sake of testing I had to test all premium stuff, for real the premium towers and heroes will give you a upperhand on some levels. You can completely beat the game without using any penny. Even gem drops are handful. We even had a discord of testers and we awere all quite surprised at first by IAPs but we were happy when we beat the game without using them.

Mycroft and nyanpass like this.
  19. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    It looks like the full set of heroes and towers is 50% off for two days. I might end up buying them. Iron Marines had cool sales every now and then but I really doubt they'd get past 50% off everything very often, if ever. You'd have to buy the complete set for each however.

20. Roger the Alien

Roger the Alien Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2017
    Germany
    I bought the tower bundle and hero bundle right away.