iPad Kingdom Rush Origins/HD (by Ironhide Game Studio)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Andy C83, Nov 19, 2014.

1. InkyTheGhost

InkyTheGhost Well-Known Member

Jul 12, 2012
    NYC
    Jake/Jared - agreed. On top of all this, it's long been established that the iap is totally unnecessary, and both previous games were supported with added FREE content.
    Yup, greedy devs indeed.

2. Montanx

Montanx Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2012
    San Diego
    The best way I can describe it is just that it lacks the soul of the first KR. The gameplay is there, the formula is there and still works. I donno, there's nothing bad to say besides that. Maybe it's the novelty wearing off. It's def an expansion pack for frontiers.

3. Based Xatu

Based Xatu Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2013
    Lol $2.99 is a high price for months of work.

4. nkarafo

nkarafo Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2011
    I bought it too for iphone but I would like also to be universal. I will not buy the same game for ipad.

5. cycler15

cycler15 Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2009
    My thoughts exactly. It's really amazing how people expect so much from mobile games. That complain about a $3-5 price when devs are spending many months of their lives working on these games. That the price of a freaking Big Mac. The kingdom rush series is my favorite TD series and I've played them all.

You don't need to buy extra heroes. But I do to support the devs for building quality games.

Keep it up ironhide! I hope this game has an endless mode that doesn't allow any special items to be used! That makes the leaderboard inaccurate.

6. PoloBaquerizoH

PoloBaquerizoH Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2013
    Totally agree!

7. brighteyes74

brighteyes74 Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2008
    Harrow , England
    Yeah great point...

8. matyou98

matyou98 Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2012
    Totally agree.

6+ at 1080 hd only needs reg version.

iPad 2 which is not an hd device needs hd version.

As you can see separate versions for phone/iPad do not make sense. You would do much better for everyone charging the hd price for a single version universal build. iCloud saves should also be a must for any universal game.

If price is a concern(fear of low sales) make it free with 2-3 levels available with a $4.99 full unlock. You guys are triple a developers. What other AAA developers still do separate sd/hd versions in late 2014? You will lose casual fans forcing them to decide on a version as they may just skip it altogether.

I own a phone and iPad and my only purchase was for my phone as it gets more use than my iPad. If 2 versions are a must make the hd version universal at least. So many arguments for a universal build. What are the arguments for 2 versions?

9. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Is the resolution higher on the HD version? I noticed all the Kingdom Rush games are blurry when you zoom in on them when I play on my iPhone. I wish the resolution was higher. I'm curious if it is on iPad. I wish I could install the iPad version on my iPhone 6

10. KartRacing

KartRacing Member

Oct 27, 2014
    Woah, this one caught me off surprise. Instabuy.

Fortunately it supports my iPad 2 running iOS 7.

11. kannon778

kannon778 Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2012
    Great game. I only managed about 4-5 stages so far and I am already having a blast. There are a lot more mechanics going on at once every round. The battles are substantially more intense than what it used to be.

12. TicTac

TicTac Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2011
    #92 TicTac, Nov 20, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2014
    I'm playing it on iPad 2 iOS8. Zero issues.

It's true but ideally I wish we can unlock those in game. I guess that's the general state of mobile gaming these days.

13. kannon778

kannon778 Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2012

Yes I could careless as long as these guys are pumping new KRs every year I'll be a very happy man. I'll make sure that they do launch new sequels every year by buying all the heroes, if only to support these guys in making more masterpieces.

This time the main (free) Hero is very very strong, probably even stronger than previous series.

14. RenTin850

RenTin850 Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2013
    I've only played the first version of this game and it was one of the best TD games I've ever played. I might give this one a go.

15. Kotovsky

Kotovsky Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2012
    Elves. Meh.

16. rabbitsamlcs

rabbitsamlcs Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Insta-bought! Played, liked, and frustrated because.... why can't i see the IAP heroes price? And without the price, how do i know how much to pay if i want to buy? Ok frankly, i am pretty interested in that dragon hero, but without knowing the price, i can't risk paying $9.99 for just a hero, if that is really the price....

17. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Shows on mine? Check your Internet connection. The dragon is probably the strongest. He's $6.99. Generally dragons are super strong because they're only susceptible to ranged attacks.

18. rabbitsamlcs

rabbitsamlcs Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Hmm... Thanks for telling. Initially i thought it was my internet as well, i tried few times reconnecting and even changing my wifi. Still doesn't show up.... Later i will try restart my ipad and see....

Yeah, i bought the green dragon in previous Kingdom Rush Frontier, loved it! This time the purple dragon, hope it won't disappoint me.... Hehehe

19. JMan121314

JMan121314 Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2014
    At last I have downloaded the game! I can't wait to try it after work...

I have never bought any of the iap heroes in the past 2 games, and yet I played through them both successfully. Are they worth buying what difference does it make besides getting the cool hero you like?

20. JMan121314

JMan121314 Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2014