iPad Kingdom Rush Origins/HD (by Ironhide Game Studio)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Andy C83, Nov 19, 2014.

1. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    I've been waiting patiently.... So how many hours until American release?...... Damn it! Time machine! someone make one!

2. Fangbone

Fangbone Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2012
    Michigan, USA
    American release is typically right around 11pm EST

3. toptrops

toptrops Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2014
  4. studepaber007

studepaber007 Well-Known Member

Jan 26, 2011
    Ohio
    This post cracked me up and ya I agree what's up with no universal?? :confused: Ah well still buying in a heartbeat.

5. y2kmp3

y2kmp3 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    What is the IAP situation this time around? I was not fond at all of the ridiculous IAPs in Kingdom Rush Frontiers, in which the game was clearly slanted toward using heros which you need to buy as IAP.

6. bowfleximus

bowfleximus Member

Sep 25, 2014
    I'm with you on this. Really enjoy this series but when the "sale" price of the best hero is $4.99 alone then things are becoming kind of ridiculous. I'm ok with the option to purchase other heroes, but keep it reasonable (.99 to maybe 1.99).

7. Wisely

Wisely Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2013
    This question is for the beta-testers and anyone who has played the game. How's this game different from the 1st game?

I have completed the first game and is kind of bored with it. Are there enough differences to get this game?

8. dib

dib Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2011
    I really hate games that double dip. If you have $7 IAP (or any IAP at all), your initial price should be $0.

9. Jake7905

Jake7905 Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2013
    You've only played the first Kingdom Rush? Then you should definitely play Kingdom Rush Frontiers before playing Origins. The second game is a nice improvement over the first, and is worth playing before the third game.

10. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Is there anything in particular about KFF and KRO that makes Frontiers worth playing before Origins?

Also, if you were in the beta, it would be nice with a more thorough answer to Wisely's question ("How's this game different from the 1st game?").

11. cowtruck123

cowtruck123 Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    Anybody know the prices of the heros?

12. araczynski

araczynski Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2009
    programmer
    omaha, ne
    to each their own, but this just feels like 'more of the same' to me. i found the original formula to be way too 'grindy' for any real fun.

13. Jake7905

Jake7905 Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2013
    I wasn't in the beta, so I cant comment on Origins. But Frontiers is a beefed up version of the original Kingdom Rush, so if you liked the original game, you'll love the sequel even more. And though they don't reinvent the game, they certainty do refine every aspect of the original KR in Frontiers. So why skip it and go straight to the 3rd game in the series?

14. PraetorianX

PraetorianX Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2011
    For me the first KR is the best KR. Frontiers were ok at best, nothing really new and I didn't noticed any real improvements . And with this release..... Same old formula, same lame business model. Me not happy. No buy for now.

15. Montanx

Montanx Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2012
    San Diego
    Im fully expecting this game to essentially be an expansion of frontiers. Same formula, same stuff, just dif levels and heroes. Same annoying iap that you can just win instantly with even tho theres no point, but the temptation still bothers me. Should be zero iap in a 5$ game except maybe heroes. But thats the time we live in, freemium/premium hybrid.

16. dib

dib Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2011
    The heroes are priced exactly like the previous games. There's .99 and goes up to 6.99 from there. And the IAP shop returns, of course.

17. tabs

tabs Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2009
    Philippines
    It is pretty much the same game with different skin, spells and heroes. Same heroes iAP cost, but different power up consumables this time. I figured they maintained the separate iphone and ipad version since they are pretty much using the same coding?

Not saying I am not enjoying it since I am a huge TD nut. Oh, and the game will remind you of lord of the rings, world of warcraft and even star wars. As always, they added a little bit of this and that from the original, and frontiers. :D

18. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    The teaser video definitely reminded me of Lord of the Rings.

So this is an all elves game? I remember Frontiers showed off mostly Dwarves for AI. Looks like Elves get their time to shine. Arghh... still such a long way away till release :(

19. chickdigger802

chickdigger802 Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2009
    Atlanta GA
    how are the heroes? Frontiers had some neat ones with cool mechanics that I felt worth spending some money on, like the mage and the monk.

20. y2kmp3

y2kmp3 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    Have anyone got the mid-game saving feature working so that you can quit a level in mid play and resume it later when you restart the game? Do you need iCloud to get this to work?