iPad Kingdom Rush Origins/HD (by Ironhide Game Studio)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Andy C83, Nov 19, 2014.

1. RinoaHeartily

RinoaHeartily Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2010
    Seriously??? Without letting a single minion pass thru? I don't quite believe lol

2. tahzblade

tahzblade Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2012
    I guess the awesome animations and moves for the Elementalist make him my favourite character. Aviran is also usefull but he does die quickly. When I use the Elementalist I make sure he's being backed up by barracks. I also keep moving him around so he doesn't get killed.

In the first game my favourite starter hero was the archer, Alleria Swiftwind. In Frontiers my favourite starter is Mirage- the assassin.

3. tahzblade

Nov 27, 2012
    It's a bit weird that both TA and AppSpy haven't reviewed this game yet. Oh well.

4. diegohostettler

diegohostettler Well-Known Member

Jan 31, 2014
    Ta did review this game and gave it a 3,5/5. Does not seem that td's are much appreciated on ta

5. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Yeah to be honest i don't agree with that score as it seems a lot of it was about issues with running the game or pricing etc and not the game itself. However the review is only just one person's opinion so yeah.

6. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    It's nothing to do with TA not liking TD games it's just one persons option, generally if I look at movie reviews some movies I love other people have slated it's just the way it is.

The only bad thing I do have to say about the game is the IAP heroes, for me you do get enough for free and don't need the others at all so it's not even that bad if it mean more cash for the devs and hopefully updates. But still Id always like more included.

But other than that as I added on the comments on the review I did think the review was harsh, tired of hearing people say it's not that different of a game they have only changed the towers, enemies, heroes and hero spells ect....I wouldn't like the game to radically change otherwise it wouldn't be KR as there are enough TD games out there to take your pick if you want a different aspect.

I'm sure people also know that even if people feel what's the point it's more of the same that the point is a new app generates more revenue than putting an update out for the previous game for free or even paid.

7. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    New update is out! Endless mode and a new hero.

Wow they're really quick with this one lately. Plus it's on sale for 99 cents? Crazy stuff. Get it now if you haven't. It's totally worth it.

8. quangvietnguyen

quangvietnguyen Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2013
    new hero purchased only?

9. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    Aye the price is great people shouldn't miss it at that! I don't feel bad for the full price I paid and yes generally on KR games you get the 3 heroes for free and everything else is IAP to unlock the hero.

But they are not necessary at all just different skins with different abilities and not necessarily better!

10. Based Xatu

Based Xatu Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2013
    The Phoenix is not that great at all, at least not for my play style.

11. ramzarules

ramzarules Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    Anyone else dislike how many stages have 2 gates now? I dislike taking my attention away from defending the first gate awesomely with my hero, and rushing him/ her to the other gate..

12. PoloBaquerizoH

PoloBaquerizoH Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2013
    #352 PoloBaquerizoH, Dec 23, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2014
    Put a picture of the phoenix In action Please

13. tahzblade

Nov 27, 2012
    I thought this game was going to get 4 or 4.5, well that's what I think the game deserves. Oh well, different people have different opinions.

Even though that's the reviewers opinion the review felt biased towards crystal siege.

14. Based Xatu

Aug 27, 2013
    Can't really get a good feel of him with pictures. Great AoE damage, but he feels loose. His attacks are so scattered, you have to surround him with infantry to be useful.

Attached Files:

15. quangvietnguyen

quangvietnguyen Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2013
    is he a free hero? or i need to buy?

16. Fangbone

Fangbone Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2012
    Michigan, USA
  17. PoloBaquerizoH

Dec 30, 2013
    Thanks! Mm I will just stay with the dragon and the others

18. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    The new hero doesn't sound too tempting to me either but it's always nice to have choices and if people buy them it's all good.

Pretty sure that the Dev said they would be changing their system after this game because it's a very old one which is why they have to have an iPad and iPhone version. So I guess any extra revenue helps.

19. Based Xatu

Aug 27, 2013
    Honestly, I don't care for any of the heroes on this game. I've purchased heroes on the first 2 games, but I don't like any of these.

20. PoloBaquerizoH

Dec 30, 2013
    Bravebark from origins is my favorite from all games