iPad Kingdom Rush Origins/HD (by Ironhide Game Studio)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Andy C83, Nov 19, 2014.

1. Luciano1084

Luciano1084 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2014
    So I got the original kingdom rush free from ign and I haven't stop playing since last night.. Wow it's addicting.. So the IAPs aren't necessary as you progress through the game?? I'm pretty far on this one without having bought any IAPs

2. Fangbone

Fangbone Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2012
    Michigan, USA
    Yes you're right. The IAP is absolutely unnecessary.

3. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Nope. I'd probably only recommend buying some heroes just to change up the game play and heart some cool quotes :)

4. Luciano1084

May 8, 2014
    Lol, I never buy IAPs but I'm really having fun with this so I'll support the developer.. Once I'm done here I'll be buying orgins for sure :) im hooked

5. tahzblade

tahzblade Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2012
    I'm loving this game so I decided to buy a hero ! I bought Reg' Son.

Next time I buy a itunes card I'll be more then happy to buy the other heroes as well, I really want to support the devs.

I hope they update this game with more content XD
    I also hope they add an endless mode to this game, that would be very awesome.

On a different note,
    I wonder if TA is going to review this game. The other games in the series were reviewed so they should review this one right ?

Anyways I'm going to try out Reg' Son. I think he'll be a cool hero :D

6. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011

Reg is a great one! He only has issues with his special during boss battles but other than that, he's a pure damage dealer. The other characters I'd recommend are the prince and Vaz

7. tahzblade

Nov 27, 2012
    On the topic of heroes, whats your ( Kingdom Rush Origins players ) favourite hero in this game ? My one so far is Arivan the Elementalist, maybe Reg' Son will be my new favourite :)

8. tahzblade

Nov 27, 2012
    #328 tahzblade, Dec 7, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2014
    I'll be sure to make those 2 my next heroes :)

Edit: Wait whos Vas ? Do you mean Vez' Nan ?

Re-Edit: Ah ok, Thanks. Thought it was Vez' Nan. Just wanted to clarify :)

9. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    Oh whoops! I must have gave him a nickname already.

Yes Vez! Vez over all really good - instant death skills, long range, and teleportation. He can't block the lane and doesn't have much health however.

Prince is pretty much my favorite all around hero. He's only melee based but he's great for blocking and every one of his skills is very useful. I think he has the best special attack so far in Frontiers.

10. JMan121314

JMan121314 Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2014
    Out of the three starter heroes my favorite is the archer... Though the fairy seems good for blocking because she makes those images of herself.

I just like the range on the archer I put him behind my troops usually.

Perhaps I didn't know how to use the elemental he always died while blocking lol

11. TicTac

TicTac Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2011
    I was literally this close to finishing the last level with 3 stars on casual, bought the wrong tower the final boss destroyed and let in 5 mobs. =.=

12. Fangbone

Oct 30, 2012
    Michigan, USA
    Did you get the original KR or KR: Frontiers? Just wondering because I got Frontiers for my iPhone from ign.com ( already had it for iPad)

13. Luciano1084

May 8, 2014
    Oops yeah I got frontiers :)

14. Fangbone

Oct 30, 2012
    Michigan, USA
    Definitely get the original too when you can. They are all fantastic!

15. tvl257

tvl257 Member

Mar 1, 2014
    Has someone completed veteran with all challenges without using any special spells/items?
    Maybe it's because of Prince Denas, but the later stages 1-star challenges are incredibly difficult for me to beat without using special items. i tried and tried many times but just couldn't do it without items at the stages that has a lot of harrasser spawning, without stone-throwing tower, it's just impossible for me
    3-star normal stages aren't hard, just need like 1-2 tries to feel thing up, but the challenges are just brutal

16. Luciano1084

May 8, 2014
    Just beat frontiers, awesome game.. Now orgins

17. kannon778

kannon778 Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2012

Yes done it. Keep trying something else. You will figure it out eventually. I have never used special items in any of their games and won all veteran all challenges.

18. Devok

Devok Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2013
    Wayto easy finished within a day, now will there be a update in campain? Cause the story hints there is more!

And we need online skirmish mode!

19. Brrobotix

Brrobotix Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Under your bed
    Personally I found Vez to be lacking compared to the other heroes. He's a lot squishier than the other heroes and requires a lot more micromanagement to keep him out of the fray (he will try to attack with a melee attack that does minimal damage when enemies get close). His super where he summons the demon is his only redeeming quality for me.

I loved Denas! He has a ton of personality, and as you said all of his skills are very useful, especially his super. When you max him out he's a beast. The other hero I really liked was the sentient tree (he has a name, but I just call him Groot). He's great at stalling, and has a lot of cool abilities.

If you're not trying to buy any heroes, you can definitely get by with the default archer hero. He's very versatile, and can hold his own in melee combat with his dodge/counter skill.

20. Brrobotix

Brrobotix Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Under your bed
    There's more on the way. You'll find out soon enough.