iPad Kingdom Rush Origins/HD (by Ironhide Game Studio)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Andy C83, Nov 19, 2014.

1. C.Hannum

C.Hannum Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2011
    New York State
    Yes, there are the two challenge versions of the levels once you 3 star them.

I've played all the KR games so no amateur at the sort of tactics and strategy necessary and I'm still around 20 stars away from the 75/75 marker for Veteran. If this guy really did finish everything already as a noob to the series, impressive (well, perhaps less impressive if he used the gem store to push himself over the edge, but that's a personal choice issue :D)

2. DAN13LG

DAN13LG Member

May 5, 2013
    Achievement Help

I'm struggling with a few achievements, anyone got any advice?
    1. 'Have your soldiers avoid 50 blasting spell explosions'
    How do you even start with this one, and what level? What do these even look like? Do they mean mushroom explosions?
    2. 'Give regeneration 25 times to the same soldier'
    So this is with the forest keepers? No idea what this achievement is talking about. Do they mean healing? And what soldiers? Any?

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Cheers :)

3. JMan121314

JMan121314 Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2014
    I hear yah I also don't know how to get these acheivements...

4. Rashanii

Rashanii Member

Nov 14, 2010
    Hi. I bought this game on the first day it was available, and I just realized that I bought the iPhone version and not the HD version. While I have no problem buying it for the iPad, I don't have an iPhone, which makes that purchase unnecessary. Is there anyone I can talk with regarding that issue? Also, is there any update expected so that if you hit the home button during a game, the level you are on does not reset? I have had a few times where I was on the last wave on a level, and I have switched apps either by my own fault or by my child's, and it is kind of a downer. Any assistance with both of these inquiries will be greatly appreciated. Happy Thanksgiving to all!

5. Jake7905

Jake7905 Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2013
    Just contact Apple through customer support and get a refund for the iPhone version. They're very good about that kind of stuff.

6. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Yup there are 3 difficulties. 2 challenge stages for each map. Quite a bit of content compared to most tower defense games.

7. C.Hannum

Feb 13, 2011
    New York State
    No need to even do that, just go to http://reportaproblem.apple.com

Refunds are automated for anything in the last 90 days.

8. Rashanii

Rashanii Member

Nov 14, 2010
    I saw that too, and I paid for it thinking it was a great deal. It gave me 3 characters. I felt ripped off.

9. Rashanii

Rashanii Member

Nov 14, 2010
    It is a one time deal only, but it only gives you a few characters. It is misleading, to be sure.

10. Rashanii

Rashanii Member

Nov 14, 2010
    Awesome. Thanks!

11. Rashanii

Rashanii Member

Nov 14, 2010
    Even gooder! Thanks!

12. tahzblade

tahzblade Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2012
    Ok thanks for the reply.
    Will buy this on my iPad and Android phone.

I hope they will add an endless mode to this game.

Before I buy this on my phone does anyone know how this plays on phones ( Because of smaller screen size )

On a different note, still waiting for TAs review on this XD

13. tabs

tabs Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2009
    Philippines
    The first two Kr have 22 levels and 1 endless mode. I would assume they will eventually release 3-4 updates leading to the same amount of levels.

14. Nyx1978

Nyx1978 Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2013
    Good to know.

I still haven't got ALL the stars in KR and Frontiers yet also, so enough to do in the coming year. ;)

All 3 KR games play excellent on a phone.

15. pallorr

pallorr New Member

Nov 27, 2014
    I played chata since the beginning because she looked the most new and unique hero in this version, now I've finished the game with all missions and challenges in veteran, all with her. I also prefer catha over vez and the big tree..she is basically a permacrowdcontrol hero, the 8 second stun of her power is one of the most powerful ever imo, and she gives 4 minions with good life and who can stun for 1,5 sec with each attack.. She tanked for an entire wave 2 purple giant completely alone one step away from my entrance and finally I've men aged to killed them with 2 thunderbolts.
    I understand that early she is useless since she does zero damage but once at lvl 10 she is une if not the most powerful hero in the game imo.

16. tahzblade

Nov 27, 2012
    Good to know, will defenitly buy this on iOs ( iPad ) and Android ( phone ) to support the devs. Might even buy a hero if I really enjoy the game, which I most likely will.

17. Ubisububi

Ubisububi Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2009
    California
    I actually disagree, although dissenting opinions are always welcome because they often bring fresh perspectives. In this case, I find the gameplay different enough to feel fresh, yet familiar enough that I can dive right in. Your point about the heroes is a good one, however I personally don't mind spending $7-$10 on a game where the consumable IAPs are truly unnecessary.

18. C.Hannum

Feb 13, 2011
    New York State
    #298 C.Hannum, Nov 28, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2014
    Heh, not seeing the fresh here. It was an opinion that A) we've seen multiple times already (and nicely refuted with supporting examples by many other posters) and B) the sort of shallow kneejerk troll(like) post any one of us could have written without even looking at more than the store's app description.

More often than not, people using the reskin/clone term as a pejorative descriptor do not know what those terms actually mean and have either not played the game in question at all, or dipped their smallest toe in the water for far too little time to have formed any solid opinion beyond whether *they* personally like the game or not, yet declare they understand the game far better than people who have played it extensively for days.

Given the dude's post count, I went with the "troll" conclusion and added yet another worthless poster to my ignore list.

-----

And just to make sure this isn't completely non constructive, the real issue with people lobbing around these shallow critiques is they display a lack of familiarity and understanding of the game. KR, KRF, & KR are all built around the same underlying mechanics and enemy types. But to lump the myriad iterations with these mechanics as interchangeable is, at best, ignorant, at worst, simple trolling of a fan favorite. It's like trying to say a Paladin is just a reskin of a Fighter in D&D - same underlying mechanics, same ruleset, even similar meta role, but not the same in how they play or fit into the larger party mechanics.

19. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Aye it gets boring seeing the same topic every few pages as new people join and don't see it's already been discussed.

Anyway finally got the offer for all heroes....I don't really need it anymore but purchased it anyway as KR games are one of the few games that make me want to complete it because I enjoy playing it that much. I'm sure I'll use them if I go back to try everything on veteran and if they add an endless anyway.

20. tahzblade

Nov 27, 2012
    Say I bought a hero in this game, decided to delete it then re-install the game. Is there a option to restore purchase to get the hero back ?

I want to know this because if I get the all heroes for a special price offer I might buy it.

Help will be very much appreciated!