iPad Kingdom Rush Origins/HD (by Ironhide Game Studio)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Andy C83, Nov 19, 2014.

1. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Red Alert 2 is the best strategy game I've ever played. I would definitely pay for that on mobile. I've spent so many hours just replaying skirmish. So much fun.

Yeah and heroes are an important feature of KR now. I would never take them out. That's what really made them big when they added it. Everyone was wowed and then the legion of copies came in.

2. stantastic

stantastic Member

Nov 24, 2014
    Kingdom Rush added barracks tower to build with rally point. I think this made the KR awesome. But then the heroes implemented, it becomes a superstar.

3. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Red Alert 2 was good but still my old nostalgia I guess makes me still like Tiberian Sun or Firestorm even more. Although I'm sure if EA made Red Alert 2 they would still mess it up.

For me though heroes on here are what originally made it different and made me want to get the first KR, turned out the towers are all pretty cool anyway with the final upgrades and abilities but I always love RPG elements in any game type and a hero you can level up and have abilities with is great. I've played a few other TD games that have tried but none of them kept me as happy as KR I know a lot of people liked OTTTD but I just couldn't get into it.

4. JMan121314

JMan121314 Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2014
    Tiberian Sun and Red Alert 2 are where I have most of my CnC memories. I have played Red Alert 2 and the expansion Yuri's Revenge so many times. And Tiberian Sun was a birthday gift. Ah good times...

As someone said it probably won't happen again with EA...

Anyway, Back to the subject... I love the heroes in KR and I really like the normal archer in Origins.

5. Legendary_Slayer

Legendary_Slayer Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2012
    Kingdom Rush is TD perfection, but the heroes keep me coming back. Love the individuality in them.
    Speaking of heroes, I just had a deal pop up for Nez'van and Reg'son for $2.99, which is much better than the dragon for $4.99 ( the only other deal I've had show up). Nez'van is every bit as awesome as I was hoping, and Reg'son is actually a really cool assasin type hero. He's only melee though, so I doubt he'll get much use.
    Also, has anyone figured out a good strategy for Catha? She seems pretty useless to me, except for hiding behind troops, and she doesn't have high damage or crowd control (besides the occasional enemy that falls asleep when hit).

6. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    I would say Reg'son is one of the best just because he has high damage potential. He actually has a decent healing move but the character still feels a bit squishy. However attack wise he's very strong and his special move is amazing. However that's also his weakness. He's limited against bosses because his special move does nothing on them, not even small damage. Otherwise, he's solid in dealing heavy damage.

7. tahzblade

tahzblade Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2012
    #267 tahzblade, Nov 26, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2014
    I have the first two Kingdom Rush games and loved them. Is a third Kingdom Rush game worth it ? I think I'll buy this but I'll wait for now.

Edit: Does this game have a endless mode ?

8. tabs

tabs Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2009
    Philippines
    No endless mode yet.

If you enjoyed the first two, then you Must buy this one.

9. Devok

Devok Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2013
    This is my first game with these guys, and I have to admit, this game is pure addictive, just wish for future updates they will add more to the campain story mode, as it can be finished quit easily.

10. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    Since you said it's the first for you, buy the other two games. They're just as good with different towers in each version. And of course new amazing hero dialogue.

11. Legendary_Slayer

Legendary_Slayer Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2012
    ^This exactly. All three games are TD perfection with different towers and heroes (In my opinion).

12. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    I agree if you like it buy them all, they are all just as good as each other. No endless mode here yet but I'm sure they said it will be added?

Still no all Heroes offer for me though....by the time I get it I'll probably never use them. Had the dragon offer and two seperate offers with 2 hero bundles.

13. tahzblade

tahzblade Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2012
    Yeah I'll get this. Can't wait :)

14. xtrgrvyplz

xtrgrvyplz Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2012
    I think the hero offer is random i got it (all heroes for ¥1000) when im already at campaign 9 like 3 days after i purchase it

15. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    I got all the heroes without the offer and I'm trying to try them all to give a review for people who just want to buy a few.

I'm not done playing them all but so far the worst (least useful) are Catha and Xin. I've yet to try the legendaries or Vez. I'm saving them for some of the later levels.

16. Jake7905

Jake7905 Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2013
    Finally got a decent offer when I was on level 13. Previously, the only offer I received was Faustus for $5. I passed on that one, and was hoping for a decent 2-hero deal. So the Veznan and Regson $3 deal worked for me.

So far I've been focusing on using Veznan, and as a teleporting Mage with the special ability of summoning an overpowering demon, he's proven very useful. He's strickly a ranged hero, and will take damage very quickly in a close combat, but his ability to teleport anywhere on the map is invaluable.

17. JMan121314

Apr 9, 2014
    THe dialog is good on the KR games. I always find myself repeating it when they speak... For the King!... I put a spell on you!

18. Nyx1978

Nyx1978 Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2013
    You finished every level with 3 stars and on the highest difficulty level?
    Are there Ironman versions of levels in this one as well? Cause if so, you're not finished at all. ;)

19. Fangbone

Fangbone Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2012
    Michigan, USA
    Hah! I hear ya on that. In Frontiers when you build an archer tower it says archers ready and my wife thought it was saying nachos ready. Now that's what I hear in my head every time.

20. JMan121314

Apr 9, 2014
    Haha, you could think of some funny alternatives to the dialog...

I had family around recently and almost burst out loud with my headphones on, fortunately I caught myself....

Hmm... Nachos.... That sounds good btw...