iPad Kingdom Rush Origins/HD (by Ironhide Game Studio)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Andy C83, Nov 19, 2014.

1. PoloBaquerizoH

PoloBaquerizoH Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2013
    The best hero needs to be on the ground, to take control of tacticals matters

2. cowtruck123

cowtruck123 Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    I acutally really like the dragon. Its all a matter of play style I suppose

3. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Dragon is double edged. It takes less damage by being in the air but it can't block. so it's good in a way that he is completely overpowered.

4. JMan121314

JMan121314 Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2014
    #224 JMan121314, Nov 22, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2014
    Yes, unfortunately it was random and I did not have $10 in my account when it popped up for me...

Anyone got the "Find George" achievment? I don't know why but I really want to find him lol...

5. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    Well after I bought a deal already it seems like $10 for the rest may not be as good as it could've been. Oh well..

George? So I'm guessing it's a monkey?

6. JMan121314

Apr 9, 2014
    No idea the picture looks like a guy swinging on a vine. I'm guessing it's a George of the jungle reference.

I just love how these devs geek out and put so many small things like that in the game hehe

7. Montanx

Montanx Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2012
    San Diego
    #227 Montanx, Nov 22, 2014
    Ok just beat the last level of normal difficulty. Those last few levels had me on the edge of my seat for sure. Overall a great KR game, but not a step above the others.

A little bit of a buzzkill is that the last archer tower skill that gives a chance to instant kill enemies sort of makes it too easy. I found my main strat in every level was to centralize as many archer towers and get them to lvl 3 of that skill ASAP. It just decimates things with headshots. I did have to change up tower strategy at times and I'll bet on harder difficulty even moreso.

I did not use the gem shop a single time and gained plenty just from playing. I did win a few levels by the skin of my teeth and 2 starred many of them. I'd imagine harder difficulties you will either need to be a god at KR or use the gem shop at times, donno.

Overall it's very hard to not recommend this game since the series is pure perfection. At this point I'm just looking through diamonds for rough edges with any critique., it's still the great KR we know and love. If your totally new to TD or KR you can still get and love this game. I'd have liked a few more themes tho, it seemed every level was the same forest/spider/Druid theme. Some more variation would have been nice.

8. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    ^ the Original Kingdom Rush has a one hit kill tower too. It's not even a chance.. it's guaranteed kill every certain amount of seconds. It's just very expensive.

9. kannon778

kannon778 Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2012
    #229 kannon778, Nov 22, 2014
    The wild magus tower in this game too has a similar skill, and even better because it will also do AoE after the kill. The skill itself however has a very long cool down.

Anyway I managed to get veteran, all stars all levels and no gems. Using Denas as hero. Didn't even upgraded that instant kill archer skill at all. Used every single type of tower on most of the last levels. It goes to show how balanced the game is.

10. JMan121314

Apr 9, 2014
    I finally got the achievement for finding George, now I can obsess over another acheivement lol

11. PoloBaquerizoH

Dec 30, 2013
    I found the dragon too easy to manage, and making less challenging the gameplay, so I rather used any other As Ves'Nan or Bravebark or even Xin is good, makes the game more challenging

12. greenleaf

greenleaf Well-Known Member

May 17, 2014
    Student
    Charlotte, NC
    Frontiers first?

So, I played Kingdom Rush and really enjoyed it. But, for some reason I never jumped into Frontiers (even though I hear it's way better). So my question is, should I play Frontiers before Origins? Or will playing Origins first make Frontiers feel like a let down (as sometimes playing sequels first can do)? From what I have gleaned from this thread, it sounds like the beginning stages of Origins are a little easier than in previous games. Also, Origins seems to have a loose storyline, so I don't know if that impacts order of play.

I'm sorry if this has been asked before. I try to get as much info from the thread as I can before asking. Thanks!

13. PoloBaquerizoH

Dec 30, 2013
    #233 PoloBaquerizoH, Nov 22, 2014
    Yes you should play Frontiers before Origins, Frontiers is a masterpiece and is not less gorgeous as Origins, believe me playinG Origins before Frontiers is a mistake

14. JMan121314

Apr 9, 2014
    I second this /\

All three of them are good in their own way

15. greenleaf

greenleaf Well-Known Member

May 17, 2014
    Student
    Charlotte, NC
    Awesome. I'll definitely try frontiers first then. Thanks for the advice!

16. PoloBaquerizoH

Dec 30, 2013
    You will thank me believe me, is the best choice to really fall in love with KR

17. djstout

djstout Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Sportscaster & football (soccer) coach
    Taiwan & Japan
    Simple question, I played and finished the beta of this game, if I buy it will I get my saved game?

18. djstout

Jul 21, 2011
    Taiwan & Japan
    And another simple question, is Kingdom Rush worth it if I only played and love number 3 or is it a downgrade version?

19. PoloBaquerizoH

Dec 30, 2013
    Dont think you will have your game saved, and yes its worth, specially Frontiers

20. djstout

Jul 21, 2011
    Taiwan & Japan
    Thank you, I just bought KRF, looks great too