iPad Kingdom Rush Origins/HD (by Ironhide Game Studio)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Andy C83, Nov 19, 2014.

1. Jake7905

Jake7905 Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2013
    I'm not sure if you've played the first two games in the series, but they are the best the tower defense genre has to offer. And Origins outdoes them both. So as long as you're not opposed to TD games (like one of those strategy "snobs") you can't go wrong with Origins.

2. Luciano1084

Luciano1084 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2014
    I haven't but I can't ignore the praise on this thread and the awesome reviews in the App Store. I'm definitely not opposed to TD games.. I currently own Sentinel 4, stratosphere, tower madness and quite a few others. This one looks better than any of those

3. Jake7905

Jake7905 Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2013
    Having played the 3 you mentioned, I can safely say that Origins (and the Kingdom Rush series in general) is on a different level. You definitely won't regret the purchase.

4. sortvind

sortvind Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2012
    I honestly dont mind the hero shop, but is the awefull gemshop and such still there?

If yes this is a instant no.

I dont mind one unlocked forever iap concept in a game i buy , but ability to pay to win, nope.

5. tabs

tabs Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2009
    Philippines
    Comparing KRO to the other two, in terms of graphics, this has so much detail, and is just plain beautiful. The Ironhide humor is also very visible in almost any map, and the addition of the few tweaks (spores, etc) is just a great addition, and more.

Initially, I though KR is still the better one in terms of balanced and difficulty, but KRO is no slouch either. Great game, that as I've said before, continued to improve itself.

Someone here posted that he wont care if Ironhide releases a new KR game every year, and I will have to agree with that. Can't wait to have 10+ KR games on my iPad! :D

Gnome shop is still there, but different items now. Cleared all normal, perfect without any consumables. Cleared veteran, all modes, perfect till map 10 so far, and still no consumables used.

6. JMan121314

JMan121314 Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2014
    Lol, go into the encyclopedia and to tips and hints and go to the last hint...

I don't know why, but killed myself laughing...

7. Ubisububi

Ubisububi Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2009
    California
    Nobody here hates consumables more than me ( search my posts!) but it doesn't bother me here because if you play well, you really don't need them. I never buy anything.

8. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Out of the last 2 games, I've used gem powers only three times TOTAL. Beat both games. And the gems I used were only for some challenges I got frustrated with.

9. Ubisububi

Oct 8, 2009
    California
    Yep. I'd say all previous games have been pretty fairly balanced, and I expect this one to be the same.

10. Wubba

Wubba Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2014
    Indiana
    If this got the survival mode Frontiers got a few months ago, I would be set.

11. GreenAlex96

GreenAlex96 Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2014
    Only played the first game, is this one better than frontiers? In the mood for some more KR :D

12. tabs

tabs Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2009
    Philippines
    Hard to say if better, but KRO has:

1. More interaction with the map in response to the mobs (pop poison spores etc.).
    2. Noticeable detail in artwork, map, graphics in general.
    3. On use Hero spell, which is new.

I would say get them both if you enjoyed KR. :D

I would assume it would be added on later patch. KRO only has 15 levels, compared to KR and KRF with 22 I think and 1 endless level. I would expect updates to reach 22 levels for KRO also, and of course, endless map.

13. Ubisububi

Oct 8, 2009
    California
    This is the popup I got too. I guess it's just random on which offer you get. I bought it, and Veznan is kinda easy mode compared to the stock heroes. Fun, though.

14. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    Got the Offer for Vez and Denas! Awesome. I love how they're characters from the past game. Even more awesome that these are the two characters i wanted the most :)

Gosh i love this game. I even noticed some stages have cameos with some familiar heroes..

15. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    #215 L.Lawliet, Nov 22, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2014
    I definitely recommend Prince Denas. Probably my favorite hero in Origins right now. Aside from his awesome animations that Ironhide did a crazy good job at, his skills are all amazing.

His first skill is self heal with food. Obviously if you can heal mid-battle, that's a great skill. It really helps.

His second throws his shield that bounces. This is basically an "area" attack that every hero shouldn't be without. Great for mobs.

Third skill is a heavy mace hit for massive damage. Perfect for the strongest enemies.

Fourth skill is a stun which is VERY important because it's basically a stall move. You want these to give your towers more time to attack. And it also has one hilarious animation. *props to Ironhide again*

Special skill is my favorite. He summons knights! This is probably one of the best skills in the game (not counting legendaries I'd assume). Instead of a magic attack for damage this one sends actual units like "reinforcements." If you play KR a lot you know that blocking the enemy is the most crucial ability in KR (which is in part why they created the genre defining control units for towers). When you summon the knights, they're basically super powerful versions of reinforcements. They force the enemies to stop and fight them with all their own HP and names. Unfortunately they don't stay forever (I wish they did! But it'd be OP since you could just keep summoning them and saving them in a spot) but they stay for what seems quite a long time compared to you normal reinforcements, about an extra 5 seconds. At max level, which I went for first, there's FIVE! Also helps they look cool.

As you can see, the Prince is incredibly well rounded and all his skills are critical skills for good heroes.

On a side note, every time you go to the next wave, Denas throws money at you. A really neat and fine detail to the fabulous game. Aren't you wondering why you get extra money for calling waves early? :)

16. jdmvette

jdmvette Member

Aug 10, 2012
    I grabbed the $10 hero pack offer this morning and am loving it. Tried the dragon but he seems pretty useless. I dig bravebark but surprisingly the "legolas" original elf is pretty stout when topped out.

Great game and I foresee many, many hours of repeated play time.

17. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    There's a $10 offer?? For all of them?

18. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    I only ever had the one offer show up, where are my other offers : (

19. PoloBaquerizoH

PoloBaquerizoH Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2013
    The best hero is bravebark

20. TicTac

TicTac Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2011
    The dragon is pathetic. Ironhidegames did a great job of baiting me to buy it. Well done.