iPad Kingdom Rush Origins/HD (by Ironhide Game Studio)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Andy C83, Nov 19, 2014.

1. ypai1217

ypai1217 Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2013
    #181 ypai1217, Nov 21, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2014
    Not supporting any side of the argument but it is a fact that the heroes and dwarf store were added in a patch later in the original kingdom rush game on the iOS.I had it and played it and I do remember it quiet well.

2. Stingy Tower

Stingy Tower Member

May 25, 2014
    Am I on the wrong thread, I thought this was for discussing the newly released Origins...

8 levels in and it's quite fun, though slightly easy on normal mode. I like the changes to the basic towers, especially barrack towers with ranged attacks now are useful.

For heroes, I've mostly used the elementalist or the fairy. The ele seems stronger, but I prefer the fairy and her one-liners. "Bippity-Boppity-Boo!"

3. Turbobond

Turbobond New Member

Dec 13, 2012
    Great fun, but a few disappointments: after three games they managed to amplify the obnoxiousness of character voices. Muted. Music is awesome, tho. And while the environments are sweet, the tower design is awful; levels 1-3 are virtually indistinguishable.

4. brainimpact

brainimpact New Member

Nov 21, 2014
    Is it optimised for iphone 6 with black boxes down the sides?

5. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    He sounds pretty good, I've been tempted by the tree has anyone tried him?

6. TicTac

TicTac Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2011
    I'll take your word over it. Some people are just desperate to defend the devs for some reason and acts like anyone who disagrees must be a stingy, entitled person.

7. JMan121314

JMan121314 Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2014
    No I remember I bought the first Kingdom Rush right when it released on iPhone I remember one day I came to play and there were heroes added all of a sudden, I thought hmm that's interesting.

In fact I had beaten the game already, and I thought wow the hero would have been a big help on that last level...

8. JMan121314

Apr 9, 2014
    #188 JMan121314, Nov 21, 2014
    Aha I just checked the update history of the first KR, it says April 25th 2012, Hero units added, heroes units have arrive at linireaa, 6 heroes to choose from.

UPDATE: Except that's the HD version for some reason iPhone version history does not show it...

UPDATE AGAIN: Well mystery solved I see that the HD version in fact released first then came the iPhone version later with heroes already obviously...

9. tabs

tabs Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2009
    Philippines
    If i am wrong, thats okay. Just sharing my opinion, as i try to recall a 3 year old games' initial release. You could email ironhide and confirm it with them should you wish (rather than wiki). But i hope you wont be quick to judge i stated it because of iAP because i dont really care about iAP for KR.

10. Loading3

Loading3 Active Member

May 21, 2012
    #190 Loading3, Nov 21, 2014
    removed.

11. C.Hannum

C.Hannum Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2011
    New York State
    Ah, that appears to be the case. I purchased KR as soon as it was available for me and heroes included, release notes obviously reflect heroes included, and the Hero Store is stated as a new feature for Android/iOS over the flash version. I forgot that it came out on iPad first, I was mistaken and wrong :eek: :

There was a brief Jan 2012 - April 2012 period where it did exist on iOS without heroes. Apologies for being certain about something I was wrong on.

Regardless, I think it's best that people regard that whopping 3.5 months of time out out of nearly 3 years of history as what it was: effectively a soft launch and let the obsession with whether it was better or not then go. We have seen 2.5 years of KR development and releases with the heroes AND the Dwarf Gem store intrinsic to the game.

It's kind of mind blowing that there are still people clinging to this fabled age of yore where the game was "better" even though for nearly everyone who has ever played it, the game would be unrecognizable in this form :)

-------

As for KRO, happy (I think I'm happy ;) ) to report that the difficulty shoots way the heck up. By my count of the total stars available in the launch version I should still have 4 levels left and the game is playing like the big finale from earlier releases. It has become totally nuts and it will be a while before I star these things on Veteran :D

12. InkyTheGhost

InkyTheGhost Well-Known Member

Jul 12, 2012
    NYC
    Just saw this, and bought it. I was trying to decide between buying Veznan or the tree, so I took this as a sign from Cthulhu.

Attached Files:

13. JMan121314

Apr 9, 2014
    I am really enjoying KRO and I have had the same thing it has started getting harder, which took me by surprise.

Not sure why people are making a big deal out of the heros I like them. As for the iap I just ignore the other heroes and pretend it's a full game with just 4 heroes, works for me lol

14. C.Hannum

C.Hannum Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2011
    New York State
    I can confirm the all (I assume just the current ones) heroes unlock does exist. Just popped up when I went into the game, $9.99 USD for all of them. I wasn't necessarily even going to buy any but my bargain sense wouldn't let me pass it up :D

I'm still leveling up the included heroes so it will be a while before I get to play with any of them, but a $10 for everything ought to provide some further time wasting.

15. kannon778

kannon778 Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2012

I already spent $10 on heroes so far... How exactly do you get this ... I wonder if this pack also includes future heroes. ironhide should let us unlock this pack after game completion.

16. kannon778

kannon778 Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2012
    I remember this. I also played on the iPad when the game first launched without heroes. And when they added heroes, it was optional (in that you had to give up stars on some tower upgrades). It was a terrible system and the heroes sucked.

Then I don't rememeber when but they changed the game mechanics so that heroes are auto included, and further rebalanced the game. Glad they did, because KR became much much more enjoyable. Game balance is really the heart of it all.

17. Luciano1084

Luciano1084 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2014
    With all the positives reviews I'm really thinking about picking this up.. Is this the best TD game out there?

18. JMan121314

Apr 9, 2014
    In my opinion... yes... Though I only play on iPad so I am sure there could be better ones elsewhere. :)

By the way has anyone got the "Find George" acheivement?

19. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    It certainly is my favourite and many others, there are other games nearly as good. But I'd say you wouldn't regret picking it up.

20. Luciano1084

Luciano1084 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2014
    Thank you guys, just hit the download button ###