Kingdom Rush Frontiers (Ironhide Game Studio) Coming June 6!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Hambo12, Oct 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Saqerbeast

Saqerbeast Well-Known Member

Aug 16, 2011
    I'm pretty sure Ironhide has changed it sense it has been getting alot of negative feedback and the chances of the game becoming a freemuim is slim to none, though probably a month or two after release the game will go free for a little while.

2. Scorpion008

Scorpion008 Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2011
    Speaking only for myself, if there are no discounts on day one, Ironhide won`t be getting any money from me for heroes. Sorry guys, but get reasonable or get out. Of course, I will still be happy to pay for the game.

3. Giallorossi

Giallorossi Member

Aug 24, 2010
    I´m a Lawyer
    Mexico City
    Im with you guys!!

4. bigsid

bigsid Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    $8 for a hero??? Jesus, just give us a $9.99 'unlock everything' option, I'd be fine with that.

5. Scorpion008

Jun 18, 2011
    We all would. I suppose the best thing to do would be to email Armor Games.

6. Aventador

Aventador Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2013
    Student
    Croatia
    I remember the days when Kindom Rush was still a new game which was picking up heat and raising in popularity rank back at Armor Games website.Then they added additional lightning power and custom reinforcements skins for users who decided to support developers with some amount of money.That was actually cool, I went in and payed them 3 $ at that time because I liked game.Then they put in heroes which were all free ( at least for premium users ).Now, when I own iOS device, I see that whole game revolves around heroes that cost some serious cash and wanting to monetize game as much as they can on their ridiculous prices.
    I'm happy about sequel and game looks amazing, it just lost that initial "innocence" factor that initial flash version had.

7. Scorpion008

Jun 18, 2011
    I found out back when KR was just released on iOS. I almost didn't buy it because it had three one dollar heroes. Wow, what I'd give to go back to that. Now we have heroes 3,5, and 8 times the price of the game as well as consumable inapp that facilitates cheating for victory.

8. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Dont know how I skipped this before but... Really? There are thousands of games on the AppStore and you cant find 8, as in EIGHT, 8 games that you want or remotely like to buy?

9. juls363

juls363 Well-Known Member

Mar 13, 2012
    To me the game seems like an update no matter how much more maps it additional content it just seems like an update to Me.

10. Scorpion008

Jun 18, 2011
    Correct. I already have some big ones, PvZ, CtR, KR, AB, badlands, bike baron, super hexagon, impossible road, perfect cell, and others. I may remotely want other apps, but no more than I want to pay the $8 for a hero.

All new enemies, all new terrain, 15 new levels, 9 new heroes, and its JUST an update? REALLY? If that doesn't count, they have completely changed their hero ability system and pricing structure.

11. Fleabag323

Fleabag323 Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2008
    Now that is just ridiculous. There are definitely $8 worth of games, you just haven't found them yet. It is practically impossible that you wouldn't get more enjoyment from 8 games than a single hero. I'm not really fond of IAP "make it easy" content though. You should at least get Defender Chronicles 1 and 2 first if you like KR, since I can't imagine that KR wasn't inspired by it due to all the similarities (and DC came first).

12. Scorpion008

Jun 18, 2011
    Ok, I won't be spending $8 on an inapp. For sure. I will probably buy more apps in the future, only there is nothing I really want now.

13. Fleabag323

Fleabag323 Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2008
    I'd guess that the reason you don't want any apps right now is because you haven't heard of the ones you should play. :) You should definitely check out Defender Chronicles 1/2 if you haven't. Also Fieldrunners 2 since you seem to like TDs.

Don't want to steer the conversation away from KRF too much though. :D

14. loox

loox Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2011
    Any of our friends in New Zealand have this game yet?

15. Scorpion008

Jun 18, 2011
    Yes. Although I'm not one.

16. Saqerbeast

Saqerbeast Well-Known Member

Aug 16, 2011
    The heros seem to actually play a part in the story, I like it but feels exactly like a expansion of the first.

17. Eric_Da_Boss

Eric_Da_Boss Member

Feb 5, 2013
    None
    At my house
    They said around 2.99 on the review

18. howydowy

howydowy Active Member

Jan 14, 2013
    You guys are all talking about the iOS version, but where's the flash version? The first kingdom rush game came out on flash. When's the release date for the flash version? IF there isn't a flash version, well then Ironhide is gonna lose plenty of fans, because these fans are kids who are still in school and dont have the money to buy this game.
    I hope its gonna be free for the flash version.

19. Scorpion008

Jun 18, 2011
    Don't wprey buddy, it's coming. Ironhide said it'll just take longer. My estimate is within two months, probably within one.