iPhone Kingdom Rush Frontiers - (by Ironhide Game Studio)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jun 5, 2013.

1. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Indiana's post on the subject (two pages back) is very lucid in the conclusion that neither IAP powerups nor IAP heroes are required to beat the game. While I suppose IAP purchases could still be encouraged or "almost necessary", the knowledge that there are no absolute IAP barriers (if we choose to believe posters in this thread, which I would trust over the devs on this particular subject :) ) is enough for me to put my money where my (or the dev's) mouth is.

2. eventide

eventide Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2012
    Crap. Bought the iPhone version by mistake. Wonder if they'll give a refund if I buy the HD version?

3. Osborne195

Osborne195 New Member

Apr 10, 2013
    Im soo pissed off that they made a separate HD version instead of making it universal. Who is playing this on a freaking iPhone or iPod!?!? Yeah I should have been a bit more careful but come on! I just blew 2.99

4. Bool Zero

Bool Zero Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    You can try... Sometimes they will sometimes they won't... I did the same thing a while back and didn't get a refund, but a further time back before that I did get a refund. Good thing I have only done that twice! So according to my personal odds your chances are 50/50!

5. C. Stubb

C. Stubb Active Member

Mar 10, 2013
    ...Living.
    On Earth.
    #125 C. Stubb, Jun 6, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2013
    Give it a rest, Doc. This is a -strategy- game, not a "My numbers beat your numbers" racket. It's entirely possible to clear the original Kingdom Rush without blowing some gems on extra hearts or gold or nukes. In fact, I did it myself. Not to give you a hard time, but just make sure all of your statements aren't based on only your own personal failure before you call someone out for talking rubbish.

6. Smartbomb

Smartbomb Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Artist
    England
    The HD version installed @ 279mb on my iPad... Not sure about regular flavour

7. awakagar

awakagar Member

Feb 13, 2013
    Does it support iCloud Sync saved game?

8. weehoo

weehoo Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2010
    the stars

Totally agree. Did not spend a single penny on the game and completed it on all difficulties too. Just requires a really good strategy of keeping the line stuck in the strongest kill-zone.

9. bigsid

bigsid Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    $27 to get all the heroes??? WTF

Bought both iphone and iPad version but that IAP pricing is such a disappointment.

10. qklilx

qklilx Active Member

Nov 24, 2012
    Entertainer/Teacher
    Say what? The only achievement I'm missing is completing the game on hard mode (I haven't been playing, but I still have a couple more stars on normal so I doubt I'll finish hard) and I've spent jack on IAP. My friend completed normal without IAP on both his iPhone AND his iPad, all achievements except the newest ones since he stopped playing.

You mean the final boss in the original level set? I can link you to a video of that, I'm sure.

11. weehoo

weehoo Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2010
    the stars

There are people that feel it is worth paying that little extra to have a "digital" achievement. My question to you is, "why do you honestly care so much about getting all the achievements?" Trust me, nobody cares, or will care once the 3rd KR is out. Is there a cash prize that I don't know about?

12. C. Stubb

C. Stubb Active Member

Mar 10, 2013
    ...Living.
    On Earth.
    #132 C. Stubb, Jun 6, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2013
    Hah! You use all-caps "FACT" as a buzzword! (And a hollow one, at that.) (For the next ten minutes, now, I want you to -only- use words you know the definition of...) Getting all of the Game Center achievements without dropping a dime is totally possible, and that -is- a fact. (Just ask andysmash and weehoo, 'dey knows it too!)

About the Dark Tower level, I said it before and I'll say it again: you can take the guy down with NO IAPs. (Just ask andysmash and woohoo, they done it too!) None. Zip. Zero. If you still need YouTube proof, BlitzShouter has a -lovely- walkthrough you can use if you still feel you need to substitute a strategy with your wallet.

Anyways, don't get me wrong, man. Differences with opinions on difficulty barred, I'm totally on your side about the dastardly pricing schemes. The gem system is a real low blow, and it turns potentially excellent strategy games like these into "Blast 'em with these '$0.99 a pop Nukes' like the dickens until they're gone". Really sticks my craw, you know?

(To the studio audience: Yeah, I know he said he's stayin' away from this thread, but Doc'll be back. Take my word for it.)

13. Naked Snake

Naked Snake Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2013
    Separate apps for iPhone and iPad is BS. At least make the HD version universal like some games do. I'd have bought the higher priced one if I could play it on both devices, but being forced to pay twice turns me off. I'll wait for a discount or something.

14. Fallen_Grace

Fallen_Grace Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2012
    How many "story levels" are there guys? And how long do you think it'd take to beat just the story part?

Thanks in advance.

15. arnoldc

arnoldc Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2009
    Bought the $5 iPad version. No universal is a bit disappointment. Those IAP heroes are quite pricey, $7 for the fire dragon....

16. Smartbomb

Smartbomb Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Artist
    England
    You can earn up to 3 stars per level, there are 75 stars to collect, so I guess 25 levels.

Each has 3 difficulties and two extra game modes. Plenty of content IMHO, and the persistent hero upgrades add longevity.

All this arachnid slaughter is making me sad, I had to put Inky back in her enclosure as she found the killing distasteful...

17. iPro

iPro Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    YouTube Money Maker
    In Cali
    Loving the game although I really want to get Ashbite!!

18. Fallen_Grace

Fallen_Grace Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2012
    Thank you!

Sadly it's nowhere to be seen in my appstore atm.

19. Power Gamer

Power Gamer Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2013
    Why is that game so expensive? The german app store says EUR 4.49! That's USD 5.88! No instabuy...

The dragon hero costs 5.99, which translates to $7.84. That's just insane.

20. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    ^ It's worth it. It's not priced like 85% of the games on the app store but it IS the best TD game you'll be able to find (I would say it's the best on PC too). It's worth it because it's quality and you'll get a lot of play time.

The new features like leveling up heroes adds a lot more longevity to the game. And when they add new heroes, you'll have even more hours to spend to try and max them out.

Uhh.. I am? And I'm sure more people own iPhones than iPads so I guess you're saying it's ridiculous to want to play it on something that isn't a tablet?