Universal Kingdom: New Lands (by Raw Fury)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Mar 9, 2017.

1. imdakine1

imdakine1 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    Ok, I caved. So far I love the game and it is as I expected. A total treat! Question I'm on day v of island one and what if I need to quit the game. Does it auto save?

2. TheIronBeagle

TheIronBeagle Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2016
    Hardcore gamer
    Gravity Falls
    It auto saves at the beginning of each day, during the bells in the morning. You can see the crown in the bottom right; that means its autosaving.

3. Georgina

Georgina Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jan 30, 2010
    Sydney
    How does this compare to Don't Starve? I played that on Mac and I found it quite frustrating, because I never could get well enough established to start exploring the mysteries of the land. It was just the same 20-30 minute games and then dying due to lack of food, over and over.

If this is similar, it's probably not for me.

4. imdakine1

Aug 23, 2011
    I've never played Don't Starve but thought Don't Stare: Ship Wrecked looks interesting... I read this thread and I believe someone mentioned that this wasn't as frustrating as Don't Starve.

I'm not a rogue gamer as normally I feel frustrated and I need to see progress. This game so far has been awesome to play. I'm only on day vii of my first game but I've enjoyed learning as I played and have not felt frustrated at all. I hear it gets much harder as the next islands are larger but my overall impression is this is the kind of game that I can see myself get totally hooked on as I know I am learning as I play. I also can see how you can control the pace of the game as well which is great!

Totally worth the asking price and glad to have premium games!!!!

5. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    Please guys use the spoiler tags even when helping others!!!
    It's all much appreciated but some of us want to partecipate in the thread without having any hints whatsoever and avoiding those it's difficult.
    Thanks!

As for Don't Starve....I think is an exceptionally well made game but personally I found it super boring.
    Maybe I just suck at the game but I tried several times to play to follow the story (there is a story) but the fact you start over completely each run doing the same things FOR HOURS without any solid accomplishment ruined it for me.

This...this is completely different and I'm in love.
    The fundamental difference is that here the pacing is WAY WAY faster.
    Here I can play 3 runs in the time I can gather some items for second tier objects in Don't Starve.
    And there is always a decision to make....Do I hire more people or improve that wall?
    Will I survive the night without a catapult so I can start building the ship?
    Do I start harvesting crops or make more archers?
    Etc...

Also, at least the first island (I'm now in the second one and it seems bigger) is sufficiently compact to let you do many things but you can fully explore it in 10-20 minutes.
    Don't Starve world is great but it takes AGES (real life days for me) to explore and get your bearings a bit.

Just my two cents.

Back dying in the forest :p

6. Mooro

Mooro Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2010
    It's beginning to look like I might have to overcome my dislike of roguelikes and get this game. it really looks gorgeous. Just on question. I have read somewhere that there are no checkpoints or save points. Is this the case?

Thanks

7. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    No, actually it 'hard' saves (and sync too if you have multiple devices) every in game day (i.e. about 3-5 minutes, can't remember).

If you exit and re enter (or receive a call) it loads back where you where.

8. Mooro

Mooro Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2010
    Thanks for that.

9. Georgina

Georgina Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jan 30, 2010
    Sydney
    Thanks, Pitta! Good to know. I'm very tempted to give this a go.

10. yankeeblue000

yankeeblue000 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2016
    #150 yankeeblue000, Mar 13, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2017
    I have all the Don't Starve games. I find them really fun and pretty easy to play with. I don't really see the comparisons to these two games other than you have to try to "Survive" thru resource building, I guess, but they're 2 totally different games. This game is more of a time management/ resource building/ strategy game. You have to be strategic when it comes to what resource you want to put you're money into at the right time for you to make it to another day. I think this is maybe more comparable to Terreria or Craft the World. This is a fun and addictive game once you get the hang of it.

11. yankeeblue000

yankeeblue000 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2016
    #151 yankeeblue000, Mar 13, 2017
    Get it. You won't be disappointed. It's just as beautiful as its console or pc versions. It is really fun and addictive
    Edit: Ooops! To late. I see you bought the game. Have fun

12. imdakine1

Aug 23, 2011
    All I can say is this is so worth $9.99 as I feel I control the pace which is brilliant. Still trying to understand all the dynamics but definitely an amazing game. The pixel graphics look great on the iPhone 7 and iPad Pro and it would risk perfectly to go from iPhone to iPad with no hiccups...

QUOTE=yankeeblue000;3988694]Get it. You won't be disappointed. It's just as beautiful as its console or pc versions. It is really fun and addictive
    Edit: Ooops! To late. I see you bought the game. Have fun[/QUOTE]

13. duxter90

duxter90 Active Member

Feb 27, 2017
    Ey guys! Someone know if the game is localized to other languages?

14. Remote_

Remote_ Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

May 26, 2011
    UK
    Between this and Beglitched I'm having a ball this week.

Super nice progression here and the slow learning curve is delightful. Plus the graphics are , in my humble opinion of course, utterly delightful.

Only really getting started in some ways but it's just a delicious hybrid of survival, TD and adventure.

Class.

15. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    Someone who has played beglitched
    Very curious about it
    This one rocks
    What style game is it

16. nkx

nkx Well-Known Member

May 9, 2015
    #156 nkx, Mar 13, 2017
    Guys silly question I got a catapult but how do I upgrade to stone? Am I missing something. The first run I was able to figure it out but this time no luck. Wow lol I'm so stupid I had to upgrade the shrine. Really enjoying this game so addicting

17. J.R. Jalapeno

J.R. Jalapeno Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2008
    I'm really stupid too. I survived 25 days but can't get the damn boat to the dock. I'm still stuck in the first level. SMH

18. nkx

nkx Well-Known Member

May 9, 2015
    Lol I will prob face the same issue how do you sock the boat

19. KeKhan

KeKhan Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    Do you have builders alive? The builders move the boat.
    You also have to add more coins to it once it's in the water.

20. nkx

nkx Well-Known Member

May 9, 2015
    Thank you for letting me know then how do I get the people on the boat do I need to destroy the portal?