Universal Kingdom: New Lands (by Raw Fury)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Mar 9, 2017.

1. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    Agreed Pitta
    A relaxing experience

2. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    Well to be honest not THAT relaxing (in a good way).
    When I see the red moon rising and I KNOW I won't make that wall in time to cover the catapult....I get pretty anxious.
    Especially when the ship is already in the dock ready to sail....

3. raravan

raravan Well-Known Member

May 18, 2014
    this! so much this, hah, and it is a perfect feeling!

4. skylined87

skylined87 Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2014
    Please people, we need more info on these "beans" and how to use them. I have some garbanzo beans, but I don't know if that will be accepted. I squished one through my headphone jack, but I can't help but think there had got to be a better way...

5. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    Why are people taking it 1 star .
    Saying controls suck, controls are broke, app doesn't load on new device or load on updated iOS ?
    It only has average 3stars.

Wanted to buy this today. Anyone else having trouble

6. yankeeblue000

yankeeblue000 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2016
    #126 yankeeblue000, Mar 12, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2017
    Huh!? Where are you getting your facts from? There may negative reviews. You can't satisfy everyone but the ratio of positive reviews opposed to the negative ones is very high. This game has gotten very high praise. Along with many accolades and awards. I just to understand what the basis is for this comment. If you don't like it that's fine but the majority of the reviews have been positive. Have you played the game yet? If not don't be so negative with you're comments.

7. Silver99

Silver99 Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2014
    There are a lot of one stars on the app store, though only one review out of all the ratings, that I can see. Rating without explaining why is such a stupid thing to do. It doesnt help potential buyers at all. I'm thinking of buying. Finished Shadow Sun, mostly, late but better than never. Haha.

This is a very different sort of game but the cleverness of the design appeals to me.

8. nkx

nkx Well-Known Member

May 9, 2015
    #128 nkx, Mar 12, 2017
    This game is incredible! Playing two hours straight!! I bought this because of the community no one should give this a negative review. On day 20 and love beefing up my kingdom.

Guys I'm in the middle of winter I'm upgraded as far as I can my castle I have knights and archers how do I attack the enemy portal? Also what's the purpose of the ship.

Thank you

9. nkx

nkx Well-Known Member

May 9, 2015
    No issues or troubles at all here

10. allister5

allister5 Member

Jan 6, 2015
    Thumbs up for Apple TV support! Perfect game for playing on the big screen! #####

11. KeKhan

KeKhan Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    You have the castle and walls upgraded to stone? Or just wood? And did you build catapults?

To send your knights and archers out raiding, you just need to have an outer wall. Not the first one around the fort.
    When you build an outer wall and you have knights trained, you will see a flag next to the wall. Stand under the flag and pay 4 coins and your knights will head out to attack the first thing they find.
    It's 4 coins per squad, so if you send both squads you need to do it twice.

Also, if you are attacking the portal in the wall, just know that it will only stay down for a few days. If you are attacking one of the smaller stone portals, you can destroy those completely.

You repair the ship so you can leave the island. Make sure to send your knights to the ship once it's at the dock, so they will come with you to the new island. And try to have a full bag of gold.
    Each island is harder, with different statues and things going on. Mounts to unlock, new structures for your town, etc.
    it's fun to see how long you can last into winter, but I don't think winter ever ends and it just gets harder and harder. But I'm not sure, haven't made it past day 35.

Once you unlock an island it stays unlocked and you can start a new game on any unlocked island. Not sure if the mounts and other things persist across games tho.

12. Silver99

Silver99 Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2014
    15 beans here. They always get us to hand over an extra half of the farm prodice even though exchange rates for Australia says only thirty percent more.

The apple TV support is making this game look even more attractive though.
    Can anyone explain why they see the graphics as great? I always scratch my head over pixel graphics being used when the iPad can do so much better. And then people turn around and call the graphics bad in an rpg where it's been done in three D with backgrounds and is 3000 times better than pixelated graphics.

Why do you call the graphics in this good? I really am curious. If anything holds me back from buying it's the pixel graphics.

13. imdakine1

imdakine1 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    I admit that I don't own the game yet and am usually torn on pixel graphics as I grew up with them as I'm an original old school gamer back on the days of pong, Atari, days...

I'm drawn to this game as the pixel graphics look amazing in YouTube videos I've seen. They way the lighting and the water effects seem to be very thoughtfully created! Granted most of the videos on YouTube are not the iOS version I am assuming that the graphics from the PC or Xbox version would be similar or the same as the iOS version...?

The main thing holding me back is my backlog of games. I also just downloaded several games over the past couple of weeks!

I'm truly considering getting this since I'm going on a business trip tomorrow and can play it on the plane etc...

14. nkx

nkx Well-Known Member

May 9, 2015
    #134 nkx, Mar 13, 2017
    How do you get your guys to the boat?? Dang I just screwed up day 35 didn't save a coin for the merchant and was unable to get new gold and the night raid destroyed my outer wall and my crown got stolen

15. Qvothe1331

Qvothe1331 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2017
    Can someone give me an idea of what the traversal is like? That's the deal breaker for me. Seems like once your kingdom is built to a decent size, riding across it could take an unenjoyable amount of time and feel like a total pain in the butt. That's really the only thing holding me back.

16. TheIronBeagle

TheIronBeagle Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2016
    Hardcore gamer
    Gravity Falls
    If you have a group of knights, send them on a conquest by paying 4 coins at your outer wall facing the boat (1 time per knight, so two times if you have two knights) and they will run towards the dock and board the boat so you can all sail away together. I'm not sure if you can have more people than the knights and their squires board the boat, but if you can please let me know :)

17. nkx

nkx Well-Known Member

May 9, 2015
    Doesn't take long pretty quick I would say

18. TheIronBeagle

TheIronBeagle Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2016
    Hardcore gamer
    Gravity Falls
    Yeah, traveling becomes a slight problem late game, but usually you can run the whole way by having your horse eat the grass of your kingdom and refill it's stamina, so its not too bad. However, this does become a problem during winter when there's no grass, but by then you should probably leave that island already. Overall, I don't have any problems with it, but I could see how it could be annoying for some.

19. KeKhan

KeKhan Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    The first island is pretty small so it's not really an issue.
    Later islands are bigger it seems.

I don't want to give too much away, but there is a way to "fast travel" to certain points on the larger islands. Makes getting around a lot easier.

20. Kainamor

Kainamor Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2015
    Hey if anyone has gotten off island 5 I really need some help? It's VERY tough.

Also a friendly tip for people talking about day 30 and getting to winter. It's been my experience that if I am close to day 20 I have been on an early island(1 or 2) too long. I should never see winter. I figure what side of my kingdom i need to protect then kill the portals on the other side and get that boat built and crew up some knights to put on the boat and get going.