Universal Kingdom: New Lands (by Raw Fury)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Mar 9, 2017.

1. J.R. Jalapeno

J.R. Jalapeno Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2008
    I suck pretty bad ....only made it to day 13 but I'm loving it. Its the first game I ever played where I'm not looking up help guides. I actually want to figure it out on my own. No small achievement because I usually HATE not knowing what to do... But not here. Totally worth the 10 beans.

2. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    Get it :)
    I'm back logged for days but it's all good

3. KeKhan

KeKhan Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    PRO TIP:
    A well fed horse can run a lot longer without getting tired.

4. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    That's something I'm learning too
    The horse needs rest etc very good game all around
    Made day 9 last time but learned a lot

5. KeKhan

KeKhan Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    #105 KeKhan, Mar 11, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2017
    It's not just rest, you can actually feed her.
    Resting is a short term solution but when the horse is well fed she can run across half the map without getting tired

Grats on day 9!

I have started over intentionally a few times now, after learning something major.
    Currently just sticking to the first island and figuring stuff out, but I have unlocked the second island.

6. raravan

raravan Well-Known Member

May 18, 2014
    this game did a great job of putting you in a role of monarch. i really care about my people, land, etc. this feeling alone make this game a masterpiece.

7. KeKhan

KeKhan Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    Yeah you're right.
    Just managing the land takes a lot of strategy and planning. Everything has a consequence. Building farms, cutting down trees, expanding walls, etc can be beneficial, but there is also a trade off.
    If you expand too quickly you lose access to certain things. If you cut down all the trees then other parts of the game are affected. Everything is interrelated.

Just building and expanding as fast as you can is not a good approach, because there are downsides to expansion as well and you have to plan and manage for that.

GOTY for me so far.

8. Annii

Annii Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2013
    Possibly a really silly question but I can't figure out what to do differently to make the horse either walk or run. It seems to do what it wants, when it wants!

Help?

9. KeKhan

KeKhan Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    When you swipe and hold left or right to move you will see two arrows meaning "run" and if you ease back a little it changes to one arrow for "walk".

And as mentioned before, if you keep your horse well fed it can run for much further.
    There's also other mounts later on with different attributes.

10. Qvothe1331

Qvothe1331 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2017
    10 beans?! That's all? Do I try to jam these beans through the screen? Or maybe blend them into a fine powder and funnel them through the speaker port?

11. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Serious GOTY? You guys are killing me, I am not wanting to buy this because usually its not my type of game but man you all are not helping.

12. raravan

raravan Well-Known Member

May 18, 2014
    #112 raravan, Mar 12, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2017
    maybe a GOTY, i don't really care about that stuff. but something within this game has made me wondering about unusual things. it has a dark medieval world. some kind of magic all around the experience and unique atmosphere of your kingdom, your servants and other stuff. sometimes it's brutal, sometimes it's has a fairly relaxed pace. and the satisfying feeling when you successfully protected your village, oh, it's just amazing. incredible!

13. KeKhan

KeKhan Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    Well the year is early still, so we will see #

14. imdakine1

imdakine1 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    Geeeeez.... ok, I'm totally thinking of getting this now but I just downloaded Love you to Bits and am started to play it... I also have about 30+ games that I'm still waiting to play!

I have to admit something keeps drawing me into this game...

15. Shkrbby

Shkrbby Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2015
    Reviews coming in just aren't great for this game.

16. KeKhan

KeKhan Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    Game of the Week on TouchArcade
    Gold Award on PocketGamer
    9/10 on Steam and holding a Very Positive out of 1,400 user reviews.
    Glowing praise from every YouTube gaming channel

Yeah I see what you mean?

17. TheGanner

TheGanner Member

May 18, 2014
    Anyone else have issues with swipes not being recognized? Sometimes I have to swipe several times for it to register. Nothing else was physically on my screen either, and this is the only app I'm having issues with. Kinda lame that a game with essentially only two actions still manages to #### up the controls, though even more surprising that I still enjoy it even with said issues.

18. trystero

trystero Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    This is exactly what I came here to learn trying to avoid spoilers. I just made it to the second island and was thinking it would be a pain to start all over again at the first. Thanks!

19. KeKhan

KeKhan Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    Are you just swiping? or swiping and holding like it says in the tutorial?
    Swipe and HOLD left or right to move, swipe and HOLD down to invest coins, and tap to toss coin.
    If that's not the issue then it might be your device, because the controls work perfectly otherwise.

20. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    I'm super impressed by my little people 'AI'.
    I can waste HOURS just watching them hunting deers or rabbits, harvesting crops, trading goods, preparing for battle inside the walls....

What a masterpiece.