Universal Kingdom: New Lands (by Raw Fury)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Mar 9, 2017.

1. sakara214ever

sakara214ever Well-Known Member

May 10, 2012
    What do you mean? I thought i did not support icloud

2. dedyp79

dedyp79 Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2013
    Its auto saving after one day finished and so on everyday...you will know by the crown will show up at the right bottom

3. sushibox

sushibox Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2008
    I'm having the same issue, when I open the app it either immediately closes, or it hangs on the opening animated crown screen indefinitely. What's weird is I've restarted my device, tried it with wifi on and off, I've deleted and re-installed the game, but with no change. It either immediately crashes, or it hangs. I'm eager to play it, but as of now, it's totally unusable.

4. phred

phred Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2010
    Has anyone gotten "swipe and hold" to work?

Instead of making a bow or a hammer, I just see my gold coins drop to the ground.

5. dedyp79

Mar 21, 2013
    Same here, but sometime only, i just force closed and start the game again and no crashing anymore...ip7 latest ios

6. sakara214ever

sakara214ever Well-Known Member

May 10, 2012
    Ok for anyone interested Spoiler alert!!!!!

The game autosaves at the beginning of the day just at the time the merchant with the donkey gives you the money. A crown appears at the bottom right of your screen. And just realised it syncs progress between devices through gamecenter.

7. dedyp79

Mar 21, 2013
    You have to stand below the empty circle coin to pay by swipe down and hold, or just tap the empty circle coin to pay

8. Havelcek

Havelcek Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 30, 2013
    Does this work offline? Need something for a long plane flight.

9. rittchard

rittchard Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2011
    I haven't played a ton but so far I'm not seeing the "rogue like" connection. Of course there are multiple elements that could be associated with "rogue like" so I'm not sure which is being referenced. The original Rogue game consists of turn based dungeon exploration, finding loot, etc, dying a lot but hopefully learning something from the previous run.

I've only played til I think the 6th day, and have not died or even seen anything close to killing me. So far the game seems more like an adventure game and is structured completely horizontally like a side scroller (but you can go either direction), but maybe this is just the prologue or something. The other thing I've seen it compared to is a Tower Defense and again, I haven't seen anything that reminds me of a traditional TD. I'm trying to avoid spoilers, as it seems like they want you to kind of discover things naturally as you go along.

I don't know if I can recommend the game to you, but the one thing I can say is I wouldn't get too stuck on the way the game has been described.

10. metalwastebasket

metalwastebasket Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2017
    #90 metalwastebasket, Mar 10, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2017
    You just haven't played enough. :p It's definitely more on the TD side of the spectrum, but does have permadeth and very VERY minor "looting".

I'm avoiding posting impressions on this account, but I haven't played anything this fun in a very, very long time.

11. phred

phred Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2010
    If I recall correctly, after a few days (a week?), you will get hardcore attacked. I think if the moon goes red, you should watch out (its been a while, I could be wrong on this)

12. WhoNeedsTen?

WhoNeedsTen? New Member

Mar 9, 2017
    Hi sushibox and everybody having problems with the game hanging at startup,
    I had the same issue and somebody mentioned in this thread that logging off and on again to game center did the trick. So I tried it and it worked. Go to the settings of your phone to the game center settings, click on your Apple-ID and choose logoff. Than just logon again and voila...
    Cheers,
    Frank

13. sushibox

sushibox Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2008
    That absolutely worked! Thanks for the info Frank. I'm really eager to get my claws into this game, it looks super interesting.

14. KeKhan

KeKhan Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    SPOILER

You can change your character appearance (and gender) by swiping down on the loading screen at the start of a new game. The screen that shows your character with a black background and a loading bar underneath.

15. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    Played the game till 3 am last night. AGAIN.

I made it through the winter and about to leave the island, but I made a mistake so I'm not sure I'll survive (I don't want to spoil anything).

What a masterpiece.

16. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    How long does a typical run last? I honestly don't like games where everything resets and you have to start from scratch but I may make an exception for this. Usually even the rogue-likes I played have some kind of thing you can keep as you keep playing but this definitely sounds like you just keep trying over and over.

17. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    From what I gather how long depends on the player
    I have seen playthroughs where someone had crown stolen and died first night
    Typically a game lasts a while though many days and seasons although winter can be brutal if not prepared from what I gather
    I don't mind games that start completely over sometimes especially this one
    to me this is a game to take my time with and enjoy the surroundings and atmosphere of it all, an escape
    Love the pixels too
    I'm on day 10 on my current game

18. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    It's difficult to say.
    My early games (5-10 days) took me 20-30 mins at most.
    The game I'm in now lasted over an hour (day 30).

The thing that's persistent between runs is....your knowledge.
    Even in crappy runs you always learn something (item placements in every run is different) that's useful later.
    In my actual run I learnt so much I can't wait to start a new one.

That's why if you are even remotely interested in the game, don't read anything spoilerish and watch, if you must, a playthrough of just the first minutes.

It's not an adventure per se, and I don't like 'building' games per se, but I'm loving this one and so far every run felt a real adventure.

The sense of mystery is outstanding (Sword&Sworcery grade, even if they are completely different games) and I suspect I have yet so much to see and discover even if I explored all the first region.

The core gameplay is figuring out the world you are living in, constantly juggling between decisions on what to improve or build to be able to explore further.

If it can be of help I like roguelike games but, for example, I didn't like Don't Starve because you had to re do always the same (boring) things all over once you die for hours.
    Here the pacing is WAY faster, at least so far.

Hope it helps!!!

19. KeKhan

KeKhan Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    There is a progression too. Every island you unlock stays unlocked, so you can start where you want with a new game.
    There are other things that unlock too, but I don't want to give them away.

20. imdakine1

imdakine1 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    I'm trying to decide if I should get this or not. I've never heard about this game before but I saw a trailer and loved the graphics as it seemed so detailed with the different lighting effects, water, shadows etc...

I'm mainly torn because I have waaaaay to many games and am not a fan of rogue games. I'm leaning towards getting this because the overall concept of the game appears to mash together a lot of different genres and although it is a rogue game the "addictive" aspect of using what I may learn from each game makes sense and likely I won't feel frustrated about starting again. The replay ability seems good as well.

*spoiler*reading that once you complete an island the game let's you choose to start in it makes it feel good as progress and not having to start at the original island seems good.

Ugh... now time to decide if I'm in or not!