Universal Kingdom: New Lands (by Raw Fury)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Mar 9, 2017.

1. Milotorou

Milotorou Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2015
    Another game I wont be able to enjoy because of the iOS 10 requirement :(

Gosh this is starting to hurt lol...

Game looks amazing, looking forward to an iOS 9 requirement maybe #

Hope you guys enjoy it :)

2. doomowl

doomowl Active Member

Mar 18, 2014
    Opps, lucky I didn't buy it, I don't have iOS 10 too haha

3. Hambo12

Hambo12 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2012
    on the internet
    spent over 30$ this week # but I'm glad this came I been playing it and enjoy it very much. the graphics and atmosphere is so good and relaxing perfect to play if you are in a bad mood the gameplay is hard to describe but it's best if you go in not knowing anything and learning and seeing what happens from your actions. hope more amazing ports make their way over to mobile

4. coloncruncher

coloncruncher Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2016
    I am still a bit confused on the gameplay, which is okay by me, I like to be surprised. I'm just about ready to smash the buy button, however I have one issue/question. I am not the biggest rogue-like fan. I don't like one-sitting gameplay, is there overall saved progress? Or is this just one of those where you are trying to see how far you're getting and start from square one after you die? I'm excited to be surprised by this game, but this is a make or break for me. Thanks in advance for any incites on this.

5. Repulsa

Repulsa Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2015
    I don't think it saves progress if you leave the game, that kind of stinks cause I have to close games and come back a lot.

6. KeKhan

KeKhan Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    It saves your progress.

7. Repulsa

Jul 3, 2015
    hmm ok I don't know what happened to my game then, maybe I closed it before autosave could happen.

8. KeKhan

KeKhan Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    If you go in blind (and you should) then this is likely what your first attempt will look like. And you will most likely fail before winter comes.
    As you start to figure out what stuff does, the strategy starts to emerge. And just when you think you have it figured it out, something will happen and you'll say "whoaaa".

At its heart it's about exploration, strategy and resource management. All of this is set on the backdrop of time and the changing seasons.
    At the beginning gold is easy to come by. But come winter time, when your crops dry up and the rabbits vanish, and your tax collector can't travel, every coin is precious. It's at that point that you start to realize everywhere you went wrong.

I don't want to outline specifics because a big part of the fun is figuring it out. But if you like town / management/ exploration games in the face of impending death then give this a shot.

9. Rangerlump

Rangerlump Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2010
    Saw it asked earlier but no time to read through replies.

It was asked if game center saved progress at it did for me.

I built a base, closed app, deleted app, reinstalled app, and progress was still there

10. Mince0

Mince0 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Same almost bought this through iTunes as well..

11. sguerreiro

sguerreiro New Member

Jan 25, 2011
    I was waiting for this game for a long time. Bought it because it seems to be a great game and to support full priced complete games on iOS. It's a way to send a message to some devs - lookin'at you Darkest Dungeon - that this kind of game has an audience on mobile plataforms!

12. orangecan

orangecan Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2011
    I'm not convinced enough to spend a tenner on it yet. That's not for one second to suggest that it's not worth it but even having read the reviews of the PC version I'm not sureif its for me so it's a wait and read some more impressions before I take the plunge.

13. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    Tried to be as ignorant as possible about the game in the last months.

My first impact with the game was GLORIOUS.
    The sense of wonder exploring the wilderness in the fog, finding mysterious buildings, recruiting men....outstanding.

Can't wait to continue playing tucked in bed with headphones.

14. Rangerlump

Rangerlump Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2010
    Being honest, I am not sure I am liking this. So you just ride back and forth swiping and holding down at things to build?
    I am going left and right hoping to see coins randomly dropped in the ground so I can build another wall or tower? Is there any rhyme or reason behind when / where coins drop?
    I have gone 2 days seeing no coins at all.
    I know you can drop a coin on people to hire them but what else?
    I can't hunt animals or anything, just swipe left or right.
    Help me please, maybe I am doing something wrong but at the moment I would feel like a loss even if it was .99, not even mentioning how I feel at $10

15. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    A lot deeper and more to it than I initially thought
    I'm going into it blind and just fuguring things out
    Love the graphics and environment
    Still trying to figure some things out
    May look up a couple gameplay videos

16. luckystrikeguy

luckystrikeguy Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2013
    Anyone else having problems starting this up ? It closes right after I start it :/

17. Repulsa

Jul 3, 2015
    Now I'm not saying I wasted my ten bucks and you guys know I support premium games ONLY I don't even do f2p but I don't get this game, does it get exciting? I guess I expected more and I'm underwhelmed

18. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    Just for your information, actually Kingdom new lands HAS iCloud sync, as previously noted.

Played on hour on iPad...downloaded the game on iPhone and started where I left on iPad.

19. Lunacy182

Lunacy182 Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2012
    You're right.
    I bought this game for the PC and it was alright. A bit repetitive and slow. Like others have said I felt like I was just running back and forth. Seemed like it would make a good mobile game. Something you could pick up and play in short bursts. But the price tag is way over the mark.

Look at a game like Crashlands. That was packed full of content and enjoyment and that was reasonably prices. This game feels like not even a fraction of what that game is and it's $10. Seems crazy.
    This feels like more of a $2.99 game to me. I might have even gotten it at $4.99. I'm just confused by the high price I guess for what you get out of this game. I imagine there are going to be a lot of disappointed people buying this game expecting more.

20. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    Ok this game is fantastic.
    There is much more than meets the eyes.
    Actually trying to figure out what a weird shrine does and how to go to a new map I unlocked.
    All while trying to defend myself by night and reinforcing the settlements.
    Controls are dead perfect imho.