Universal Kingdom: New Lands (by Raw Fury)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Mar 9, 2017.

1. ramzarules

ramzarules Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    from what i gather at quick glances on youtube its a tower defence with expanding borders where your character throws money at everything to be built/ defended but doesnt raise a single stone him/herself.
    I wish i liked TD so i could get it because premium + amazing art.

2. KeKhan

KeKhan Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    #22 KeKhan, Mar 9, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2017
    There's a lot of exploration too. It's less a TD game and more of a resource and kingdom managent sim. And it's hard.
    Really the game is massive. There's so many secrets and interactions it's amazing.
    There's a wiki to help you figure stuff out, but I would go in blind for your first play through. Magic.

3. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Has Game Center kicked in? Your GC nickname should pop up before it contributes to load. No issues with it on SE myself.

4. ludka33

ludka33 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2013
    I never knew I needed this game until this moment. Going to purchase an ITunes giftcard today.

5. nicodemus82

nicodemus82 Well-Known Member

Played the PC version. This game is a lot deeper than it initially seems :)

6. ItouchBrett

ItouchBrett Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2008
    I'm really surprised this game is getting so much praise here with the premium price tag. Most new gamers would scoff at this. Bought. Never played it on pc but I heard the magic words for me. Rogue lite and looks like pixel graphics. Will get me off cataclysm DDA for a little.... on day 10 :)

7. solarnya

solarnya Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2015
    Male
    Close to Tokyo, Japan
    no Game Center and no cloud save it seems

but it's roguelike so no matter i guess

8. gmattergames

gmattergames Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2013
    #28 gmattergames, Mar 9, 2017
    Nice port, but controls are a bit twitchy, registering unintended taps and down-swipes instead of side-swipes, which leads to your monarch throwing down coin instead of moving. This can be especially frustrating when you are on a build site with enemies approaching and instead of moving, you drop coin instead, get surrounded and lose the game.

Perhaps it's me, but utilizing very similar gestures for drastically different actions is a questionable design decision. Perhaps limiting coin inputs to the right region of the screen and moves to the left would alleviate this issue.

Despite this frustration, beautiful game and certainly worth the premium. In a sea of uninspiring freemium crap, this is a standout and shouldn't be overlooked.

9. Sieye

Sieye Well-Known Member

May 7, 2015
    East Coast
    Thanks!

10. solarnya

solarnya Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2015
    Male
    Close to Tokyo, Japan
    sorry i misunderstood
    when i launch this app, gamecenter banner appears from top of screen.

and i unlocked 5 day surviving achievement so probably Game Center enabled

11. Reaganomics

Reaganomics Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2009
    #31 Reaganomics, Mar 9, 2017
    It's good to see another developer go the premium route while staying true to a price point that's indicative of a game's value. And I'm sure it's even a steal at $9.99.

12. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Single player?

13. rezn

rezn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Mar 8, 2014
    Male
    Coder/Keyer in medical ICD 10
    Reno, NV
    Awesome reason to get up today.

14. Sieye

Sieye Well-Known Member

May 7, 2015
    East Coast
    Interesting. Do we know if it's cloud then? Also one time purchase (say I purchase on iphone, be able to play on ipad with some purchase).

Not a big deal for me. I would rather play on the Ipad but at work and have some free time to kill.

15. yankeeblue000

yankeeblue000 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2016
    2 games Ive been waiting for came out today. This and another. Its been an expensive 2 weeks but a really good one for ios gaming. I've played this before Its really good and addictive:)

16. vectec

vectec Member

May 5, 2016
    #36 vectec, Mar 9, 2017
    Ok thanks a lot !! I disconnect my gc account and reconnect it and it was good :). Awesome game

17. ImJPaul

ImJPaul Well-Known Member

May 23, 2012
    Male
    MGMT!
    Baltimore
    This looks amazing but according to the trailer you just ride back and forth on various animals and throw coins at NPC's? I think I'll wait to hear a bit more about gameplay.

18. KeKhan

KeKhan Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    #38 KeKhan, Mar 9, 2017
    Interesting, I haven't had any of these issues with the controls. For me they have been fluid, well implemented, and easy to use.

Swipe and hold left or right to move left or right.(two speeds, adjust while holding)
    Swipe and hold down over a build / hire site to put in coins until it's full.
    Tap to toss coins to citizens or banker.

Couldn't be simpler, and I haven't had a single issue. I don't mean to be rude, I just found your comment a surprise after quietly praising the controls while I was playing.

19. yogg sarons cousin

Feb 9, 2017
    Yeah same thing is holding me back from purchasing it to

20. doomowl

doomowl Active Member

Mar 18, 2014
    Wil the price drop at future? I'm only willing to pay full price if they promise not going to drop the price at future XD