Universal Kingdom: New Lands (by Raw Fury)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Mar 9, 2017.

1. drmad

drmad Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2013
    Indonesia
    This, oxenfree, death road to canada and sunless sea managed to burn my wallet
    Hahaha

2. vonknut

vonknut Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2013
    #262 vonknut, Apr 10, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2017
    Its awesome - played for at least 10 hours before i beat it (probably 15+)

You cant really trow away coins, you or your peasants pick them up again. And your peasants will give them back to you if you wait for a few seconds.

The controls are fine 95% of the time.
    And if you die after level 1, you can start from the level you unlocked. Your just have a slower start (but you can restart over and over again, untill you get a good layout).

Everything makes sense in this game, if you put some efforts into learning it.

BUT you have to accept 'no handholding' and use the clear feedback to deduct stuff yourself (or read tips on the internet...).

3. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    Learning the hard way is literally the only way in this game .
    I played for couple hours.
    But don't think I'll do it again.
    Not to say it's bad it's just I can't go back and do the same things again to get right back to where I left off.
    Too Limited gameplay for me to keep trying over and over but that's just me.
    I love the theme and nice too look at but you have a limited resource and basically a right way to build and if u spend money in the wrong place then you have to learn the hard way by going through it again from start and I can't .
    I can see why people like this game it's just not for me.

4. vonknut

vonknut Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2013
    You need catapult (or ballistas), to beat the big one.

Also several walls in close succession, means that the archers can run for cover behind the next wall, when the first one goes down.

Finally the archer buff is worth the money, just keep it active at all times.

5. orangecan

orangecan Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2011
    More or less my opinion - I'm sure it's a wonderful game for some people but I'm not a huge fan it's a shame because I was looking forward to it.

6. BC1377

BC1377 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2016
    anything new ? update ?

7. Kaemalux

Kaemalux Active Member

Jul 13, 2012
    GP Doctor
    On tha App store it is listed for 3.49 but here it says the price should be 2.99, any news about this? Thanks!

8. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    My thought would be: the App Store price is the price and will always be the price. If you doubt this, then refer back to the beginning of this post.

It may be that you're in a different currency in the AppStore compared to this TA site. I know that the TA price for me is always many dollars off due to currency. That's one reason there.

9. Kainamor

Kainamor Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2015
    Wow at this price it's a steal. This game is absorbing so that time just falls away. It's a challenge for sure and you have to learn the depth of the gameplay. I have rough this game up a couple times on Reddit and people have strange complaints and I don't think they figured out there is a goal. So if you want read a strategy guide or something b fire you play and maybe you will get the same enjoyment I do out of the game.

10. KeKhan

KeKhan Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    Totally agree, and yeah most of the complaints I've seen are from people that either find it too hard or just don't understand or don't explore.

This is STILL game of the year for me, although Durango is poised to take that away #

11. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    This isnt my type of game but I will grab it now!

12. KeKhan

KeKhan Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    Makes sense, lol!

Go into it with a sense of exploration. Everything is deeper than it seems. There's so many interrelated game mechanics, but they reveal themselves in layers.

13. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    I have the Xbox One version of this and with the sale I've thought about double dipping as it hasn't gotten the attention it deserves in my X1. Figured I might play it more here and there on the go.

But a lot of reviews on the App Store talk about really bad frame rates and bugs. Is that really the case compared to other versions?

I would be playing on an iPhone 6S Plus if that makes a difference.

14. anthony78

Nov 13, 2015
    Aside from the pricing debate which I agree is ludicrous, are there no opinions on framerate and/or bugs compared to the other versions?

15. KeKhan

KeKhan Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    It ran smooth and without issue on my mini4

16. anthony78

Nov 13, 2015
    Thanks. Think I'll go ahead and double dip on this.

17. dreadnok

dreadnok Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2011
    I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum I'm ou
    More that worth the $9.99 I paid and I have it on steam as well as the original game. Really great game that I took my time to unlock every single thing before finishing it

18. noteatino

noteatino Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2014
    I may get this to play on the AppleTV, anyone know if it's good on the big screen?

19. drmad

drmad Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2013
    Indonesia
    What do you mean by good on a big screen?
    Giod enough for me on 12.9 ipad

It's pixelated graphics

20. IOSgamer1980

IOSgamer1980 Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2015
    #280 IOSgamer1980, Jun 22, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2017
    I really enjoy this game. Great presentation - sound, music, graphics, etc. It's fun and I really feel eager to discover all of its little secrets and surprises. It's worth $9.99 and is an incredible bargain at $2.99.