Universal Kingdom: New Lands (by Raw Fury)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Mar 9, 2017.

1. KeKhan

KeKhan Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    I'm probably way behind everyone else but I just love starting over and trying new things.
    Island 3 is kind of the REAL start of the game. I feel like island 1 & 2 are like "tutorial islands."
    Anyway, for island 3:
    Your first focus should be discovering which side is the pier and destroying all the portals on that side.
    So at first, hire archers like crazy and clear some land so they are hunting rabbits.
    No merchant from here out so you need to get used to managing your gold. Try and make at least a 10gold deposit to your banker every day. It pays off huge.
    Get a few basic farms down on the pier side, but DONT upgrade them until you've killed the portals on that side. the greed will kill your farmers who stay at the higher level farm.
    Try to get away with minimal defense upgrades in the pier side but stay safe. Get a catapult and tower up on the other side asap.
    On island 3 I wouldn't bother killing portals on the wall side. Just beef up defenses and start on the boat.
    Clear land for rabbits, farms, and invest in the banker, 20 gold per day when you can manage it.

2. nkx

nkx Well-Known Member

May 9, 2015
    Thanks kekhan great tips

3. Laenor

Laenor Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2013
    Paris, France
    Gah i died stupidly on Island 5
    Sent a group of knights and went venturing... too far ... died alone in the forest

4. KeKhan

KeKhan Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    Yeah it seems to be mostly complaints from people who don't want to use their brain. It may just not be their type of game. For people who want handholding, or a "quest list" type of game, then this is not for them.
    Some of the complaints I saw were "horse keeps getting tired". (There's a way to manage that in game if you figure it out. It's kinda obvious)
    And "there's no way to make gold" (obviously not true, but if you don't figure out the games systems then....)
    And "takes too long to travel" (they haven't discovered portals I guess)
    And generally "this makes no sense" or etc. Most of the gameplay complaints I've seen are things that you figure out in game eventually.

Some people just want things handed to them. The rest of the complaints I've seen were technical issues, and we've already had one patch addressing them and I trust this developer to keep working on it.

5. ItouchBrett

ItouchBrett Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2008
    I didn't mean 3rd. I meant second. I died on 2. After like day 30 does it get harder? I kept getting attacked for like 5 nights ina row. I destroyed both portals on each side. But the last portal (the one stuck in the stone wall) ended me. Bleh. Love this game. But without merchant I wouldn't have gotten this far. Not sure how you supposed to do it on island 3

6. Laenor

Laenor Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2013
    Paris, France
    Tip : hunting + tree cleaning = mucho money

7. ItouchBrett

ItouchBrett Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2008
    So pretty much expanding base?

8. nkx

nkx Well-Known Member

May 9, 2015
    Yeah the game gets harder the closer to winter you get. So def try to leave the island before winter comes or in early winter

9. Den Den

Den Den Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2014
    Went in blind without any guide/tips, had no idea what I was doing, I failed like 4 or 5 times but I finally made it to the 2nd island.

Question... Is it possible to create a character or choose a gender? It seems to be random. Is it possible to edit your banner?

10. KeKhan

KeKhan Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    You can change your character when starting a new game by tapping on the loading screen when you see them. The gender/colors are random but you can keep tapping to get one you like.
    (I prefer a king with a brown cloak )

The banner I'm not sure, maybe you have to unlock something in game to change it but I dunno.
    I think in the PC version you can change it.

11. DanteOne

DanteOne Member

Aug 14, 2013
    I kinda like the PC version but 9,99€ for a mobile port with quite repetitive gameplay doesn't seem right. I'm in when they drop on 4,99€

12. KeKhan

KeKhan Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    Dude this is exactly the same as the PC version, except it's cheaper.

13. JohnnyDNGRSLY

JohnnyDNGRSLY Member

Oct 30, 2016
    Information Technology
    Sacramento, CA
    What an Accomplishment

Day 24, as winter was coming in full force, my crops were dying, and the nightly troll attacks were getting really scary… I filled my purse and set sail for the second island! What a sense of accomplishment.

Loving this so far!

Attached Files:

14. nkx

nkx Well-Known Member

May 9, 2015
    Best feeling

15. Obiter

Obiter Active Member

Nov 23, 2008
    medical research into the mind of today's gamer
    high above the din
    Is there a way to disable device syncing or to have multiple separate game saves? My kid loves playing this game on his iPad... which obliterates my save on my iPhone.

16. Bumpygames

Bumpygames Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2016
    croatia

Great game but support only on IOS 10 is a minus, Lots of users are having older devices under IOS 9, and this game isnt so too mouch heavy to work on other devices, older ones.

17. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    My iPad is staying on iOS 9.3.3 forever.
    I am sick of games not being updated to support higher iOS versions so I am counting my losses and staying put.
    If it means I am unable to get a game that supports only a higher iOS version thats fine.
    I got a shit load of a backlog of games to get through anyways.

18. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    It runs fine on my JB 6+ running iOS 9.3.3. The only way I can play it.

19. DanteOne

DanteOne Member

Aug 14, 2013
    I know it's the same. But think of the content of games like FTL or XCOM on mobile and their prices. 9,99€ doesn't feel justified. Even more when you realize that you are doing the same thing on every island.

20. JohnnyDNGRSLY

JohnnyDNGRSLY Member

Oct 30, 2016
    Information Technology
    Sacramento, CA
    Get him his own Apple ID and iCloud account. Set up Family Sharing for your account, and choose "create an Apple ID for a child" next. It'd be better in the long run anyway.

See https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201088