Universal Kingdom: New Lands (by Raw Fury)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Mar 9, 2017.

1. MetaGonzo

MetaGonzo Well-Known Member

May 7, 2009
    Can anyone talk me through farms please? With spoiler tags of course for those who are avoiding this sort of thing.

I didn't want to look at a wiki but I did. Despite following what appear to be quite explicit instructions I seem to be falling at the first hurdle.

A quick step by step would be hugely appreciated; I'm obviously missing something.

2. KeKhan

KeKhan Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    No you can choose any unlocked island when you start a new game, just select on the map.
    Also, you can change your character when the game is loading by tapping when you see them on the loading screen.

3. nkx

nkx Well-Known Member

May 9, 2015
    Thank you

4. nkx

nkx Well-Known Member

May 9, 2015
    Thanks man

5. TheIronBeagle

TheIronBeagle Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2016
    Hardcore gamer
    Gravity Falls
    Alright, heres a basic guide to farms.

So to make a farm, you must first find a waterfall, and pay three coins to build stage 1 of the farm. Then, a small farm should spring up around that area. Waterfalls look like small springs pouring water into the river at the bottom of the screen, and can be very spread out.

To have farmers come and start farming, you must have upgraded your base camp to at least level 3, at which point a farm equipment stall will show up next to the archer bow shop. You pay the farmer stall 4 coins per tool, and your availible peasants will come pick up the tool and automatically start to go farming.

The farmers will keep farming, and harvest every 2 days or something like that. This will produce a few coins, which they will pick up. You can get these coins by standing next to a farmer for a few seconds and they will pay out. If they don't, they might not have anything to pay. It takes a while for them to harvest, so as long as you can see them growing something, the farms are working.

You can have a few farmers per farm, around 4 I think. It can change based on obstacles around the farm, like rocks and shrines. Upgrading the farm to level 2 is recommended, as this puts a house for the farmers to stay in. If you don't, they'll have to walk back to base camp every night.

Hope this helps. :)

6. MetaGonzo

May 7, 2009
    Outstanding; thank you very much. #

7. TheIronBeagle

Jul 10, 2016
    Hardcore gamer
    Gravity Falls
    No problem. It took me while to realize that farmers were such an amazing source of income, so I lost most of my games early on :p

8. MetaGonzo

May 7, 2009
    I'll give it a shot after work. Step one seems to have been my problem.
    Either I was reading the wrong wiki or it's a good job that I didn't pursue my original dream of becoming a brain surgeon.

9. nkx

nkx Well-Known Member

May 9, 2015
    Almost beat island 2. How do you destroy a portal??? Can you bring a catupult

10. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    I didn't invest so much in farms, but maybe I should...on island 3 relying only in my might army of archers doesn't work nicely as before because they are prone to be eaten by monsters :p

11. KeKhan

KeKhan Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    How to beat a portal:
    No you can't bring a catapult.
    You need to have one outer wall (any level). It should have a flag with your banner on it.
    Level up your keep to where you can train knights.
    Train at least one knight, but better with two.
    Train enough archers to fill your knights war band (you will see their armor change and they stop hunting).
    Pay 4 coins under the outer wall banner on the side you want to attack.
    It's 4 coins per warband, so if you want to send two you have to do it twice.
    They will attack the first portal they find.

PRO TIP: you can give coins to the knights with the shields to increase their hit points. I usually give them 3 each. They will raise their shields in thanks.

12. nkx

nkx Well-Known Member

May 9, 2015
    Awesome thanks for letting me know

13. Heavnsix

Heavnsix Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2012
    What do the sign posts do? It costs two gold to activate them and I a map? But what's that do?

Also is there any point to killing the portal on the danger side of the map?

14. TheIronBeagle

Jul 10, 2016
    Hardcore gamer
    Gravity Falls
    The sign posts
    unlock new things that can be seen in future runs. If you pause the game and look on the map, you can see a statue or something on your current island, which is a new feature that you just unlocked.

Killing the portal
    on the side without the wall portal (on island 2 and up) is very beneficial, as it cannot respawn. Killing the wall portal (1 side only, and the only portal on island 1) is pretty pointless as it regenerates after a few days. However, destroying it give you a few days of peace, so if you need that time to build your boat, go for it.

15. KeKhan

KeKhan Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    I just CRUSHED island 3 ##
    Day 33 and I just took off for island 4
    Managed to get 3 builders and 3 armies onto the boat, and an overflowing sack of coins.
    I unlocked something for the next island, not sure what it is yet.
    LOVE this game

16. nkx

nkx Well-Known Member

May 9, 2015
    Awesome! I was so close for island 2:( hopefully soon

17. nkx

nkx Well-Known Member

May 9, 2015
    I beat island 2 took me 26 days and three attempts. Going on to island 3!!!! I seriously love this game so much fun!

Kekhan strategy for island 3?

18. TheIronBeagle

Jul 10, 2016
    Hardcore gamer
    Gravity Falls
    Just a tip for when you are leaving for a new island: you can stack up the archers with coins by throwing them at the archers, who will pick them up and board the boat, giving you some cash for the next island, in addition to your sack of gold. Don't give them to the knights though, as the knights keep your coins as a form of protection.

19. Heavnsix

Heavnsix Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2012
    Thanks for the info TheIronBeagle! Also I have a wolf/dog following me around now, he doesn't seem to do anything but bark occasionally. Is he just for cutesies?

20. ItouchBrett

ItouchBrett Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2008
    #200 ItouchBrett, Mar 16, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2017
    How to roll for for monarchs before the game starts? I understand each horse has difference stats/endurance.

Also by starting new game it just deletes your current run correct? Made it to day 24 on first island then I got killed cause I got greedy. I'm slowing learning what to do. Next run. Time to attack the portal.