Universal KINGDOM HEARTS Unchained (By SQUARE ENIX INC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PROAPK, Apr 7, 2016.

1. Ikeda

Ikeda Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2013
    Largo, FL
    I did the 15 bucks again today. I am || close to getting my fully upgraded 6* Stitch with full Special Attack. (just need to try to get a skill and he'll be set)

Bought the 10 pack today, received 4 5*, 3 4*, 3 3*. Of which I think my only duplicate was 4* KH2 Black Coat Riku.

Now, someone was asking about their character duplicates. If you tap on the medal and look at "Special Attack" you'll see the special attack to the right. Under that, if depending on character, you'll have empty circles. Some characters get this at 2*, 3*, 4*. (for example, Stitch got his first one at 3* but Goof got his at 2*)

Meaning, if it is Spark Break +3. You can combine it with the same character (same * rarity) and you'll fill in that attack making it more powerful.

So for Stitch Sonic Blitz, I would combine Stitch 3* + Stitch 3* and get Stitch 3* with Sonic Blitz with a yellow circle. When I evolve him to 4* another open circle appears. Stitch 4*+ Stitch 4* makes 2 yellow circles. Evolve again, Stitch 5* (1 empty) plus Stitch 5* and you'll have 3 yellow circles.

Each time you up the damage and (sometimes) lower the required gauges.

Same thing for skills.

It does explain this in the tutorial but it doesn't do a very good job at it.

Ideally, you'll want to raise your characters from scratch so that way it's not as "hard" to upgrade. If you get 5* pulls from the machine, you have to use 5* characters to update their Special Attacks. A 2-4* character will not update the 5*'s special attack.

Hope that helps clarify.

2. Repulsa

Repulsa Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Square Enix premium is always a big yes but their f2p is always a big no for me. Maybe at some point we will see a paid kingdom hearts but for now I am going to pass on this

3. ItouchBrett

ItouchBrett Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2008
    Played for a little. Don't like it. Too f2p. Just tapping to attack heartless.... Meh

4. Talaen

Talaen Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2012
    If anyone was interested in even trying this game, the time to do so is NOW. Until 30-April they have cut energy requirements in half. What does that mean practically? That you can keep playing stages and leveling up (which restores your FULL energy, not just a subset), and continue playing stages, without any impediment to playing.

Besides that short-term perk, one aspect that I love is that any medal you obtain can be elevated all the way to 6-star status. I'm always frustrated by the games that force you to sink time and resources into elevating units/heroes/etc to make progress but then have to throw them away when you obtain higher rank/star units. Not all medals are worth upgrading that far, but I have a mix of five star medals, some that I obtained by the premium pull and others that I've elevated from lower initial stars to get there.

I had not played a KH game in years but recall many elements of the mythos, and this game has a great fan service. It is also accessible without assuming a lot of prior knowledge.

I don't know how much fun I think will be when the energy discount is changed, and how the additional content not yet released in the Global version will play out, but I'm enjoying this so far.

5. Talaen

Talaen Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2012
    There is a good degree of strategy that becomes important later in quests. This includes a combination of picking the right colors medals to put into your keyblade to maximize elemental weakness damage, but also in selecting (and correctly using) the right special attacks (some are single target, some are group, some can heal, etc). These attacks consume your special attack resource, which refills as you battle (and sometimes is found in treasure chests), and planning out battles just right grants extra rewards and "Mickeys" (essentially stars) for each completed stage.

6. Ikeda

Ikeda Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2013
    Largo, FL
    His picture is a dude with a beard and headphones... just let him go.. it's prolly for the best.

7. nosoup4crr

nosoup4crr Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2011
    Nice job, dude. Got him good.

8. Cronk

Cronk Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2013
    Enjoying it! Really love the series so the music alone makes it fun. Helps that I'm not feeling a huge paywall impending too. I don't even mind that you can buy power, since I can play my why and advance just fine without having to feel like I'm locked out of content if I don't drop benjamins.

Got 2500 jewels atm (or ***els as it's known in game since their filters are so ridic), and I got 5* from all my 600 pulls to date so still not convinced the 3k pull makes sense. 600 gives me 15 pulls vs the 10 from a 3k pull so.... Not convinced.

Questions for peeps: how many jewels are you spending on storage upgrades? I'm only at 55 storage max and feeling like that's hard to manage... Are you guys absorbing most of your 1-2* dudes to avoid clogging storage? Are there certain ones worth saving? (Question for the JP players)

9. twispby

twispby Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2012
    I'm up to 80 for storage.

You can upgrade a medals special attack by fusing the same medal at the same star level. This means that duplicates of the same medal are good, but you have to get them evolved to the same level to upgrade their special attack, hence storing duplicates for a while...

Most special attacks can be upgraded at three stars, then again at four stars, and so on. Some are different, but you can tell by how many upgrades are open by how many circles are in the special attack stat box when you click on your medal.

I'll probably buy another 20 storage soon to round up to 100, so I don't have to sell all those moogles every few quests...

10. JohnnyClash

JohnnyClash Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2016
    #110 JohnnyClash, Apr 12, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2016
    Yeah, I was initially not convinced either, since as you said.. 15 to 10.. But I think they have the 5 star drop rates currently cranked up (or 'did' have) to help hype the opening release..

I currently play on two accounts.. I have rolled 600 (2 or 3 times) on one account, and rolled 600 (3 or 4 times) on the other..

..and I also rerolled on two previous accounts early on just for giggles, 600x2 on each of those..

I forget exactly what my 5 star drop rate is, but I do know that it has been continuously declining, for sure.. and early on, it was not even that great..

so... From here on out, I will only roll the 3000 to guarantee,at least, one 5 star..

11. Talaen

Talaen Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2012
    Just a quick note, getting 5 star medals on the pulls isn't as important as getting good characters and/or ones with skills. Since any level of medal can be upgraded, getting 5 stars at first is just a boost to stats. Once you save up some evolution materials you can quickly take even a 3 star up to 5 stars in minutes.

Unfortunately, I'm still trying to figure out which medals are good.. Looking forward to a wiki showing max stats for each medal.

12. Cronk

Cronk Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2013
    So by that token 15 pulls for 3k (5x600) is better than 10 pulls for 3k. Even if I get less 5*, I get more 3-5* to work with for upgrading and more chances at good medals.

13. nosoup4crr

Apr 29, 2011
    Assuming drop rates are the same for each purchase, I'm nearly certain that's true.

14. JohnnyClash

Mar 11, 2016
    #114 JohnnyClash, Apr 12, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2016
    Good point..

That can't always be said with these games.. But in this case, since everything can go to 6*, its a bit different, and to the players advantage.. It seems...

15. nosoup4crr

Apr 29, 2011
    I think I'm like 5 or 6 days from realizing I no longer like this game. I'll be somewhere between lvl 150 and 200. I'll still be done with the story. I'll have 6 6*'s at lvl 100. I'll have finished most of the elective stuff. And then I'm going to realize that all that's left is to slowly acquire a few better medals worth cid/chip/dale-ing...or build up a few story drops to full potential.

16. JohnnyClash

Mar 11, 2016
    #116 JohnnyClash, Apr 13, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2016
    Let's put it this way. I lead a Party that is ranked #42 as of today, and climbing. Dark Shadow 01 ..Many of my players reached quest 200 by day 3.. They may (and probably will) burn out early.. Who knows for sure... Myself.. I am still on like quest 40. I do 1-3 story lines a day so i can keep the fun going for a lot longer.

Most of my time (with the game) goes into creating a 'hardcore party'.. and at this point, Lux is the sole determining factor for the ranking system... So the ranking system currently caters to addicts, the obsessed, crazies, etc.. :)

Anyway, it's all in how you approach the game..

17. Serenityinaz12

Serenityinaz12 Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2015
    Loved it on day 1, not even a week later I deleted from phone. All there is to do is grind medals after the quests are done, and those were just monotonous after a while too. No thanks

18. Cronk

Cronk Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2013
    Ya it'll get old after a while, especially if you're grinding the hell out of it.

I'd still prefer eventually burning out in a fun series like this than leaving out of frustration because I hit a paywall.

And ya, skipping the 3k pull. Sticking with 600s and some storage space mixed in for a while. I'll probably burn out while upgrading skills/specials, but it's fun atm so yey!

19. Devok

Devok Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2013
    Why is the game so small and then extra download? The lies about size! Why not just have the entire amount downloaded straight off? Very dumb SE, most games arnt like this.

20. JetLinerSaw

JetLinerSaw Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2013
    As a frequent visitor to this forum and all of your comments on games I just want to say that this game is a long term micro investment for players into the universe of a big budget series. Akin to Star Wars uprising. I play only these two games because I love the larger world building in both property's. These types I feel aren't meant to be picked up by casual to core members unless they're interested in the full experience. Currently in the number one party of Leopardis and solo top ten. I play only because I've enjoyed kingdom hearts as a kid. Otherwise wouldn't it be irrational to grind so competitively in something you aren't fully invested in? It's supposed to appeal to casual players so that they may involve themselves in the larger setting.