Universal KINGDOM HEARTS Unchained (By SQUARE ENIX INC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PROAPK, Apr 7, 2016.

1. nosoup4crr

nosoup4crr Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2011
    Which key blade(s) should I be focusing on? I just got an orichalcium...but am hesitant. The second keyblade's slots unlock much later. I'm not sure if that's because it's better overall or not.

2. skipdaddy

skipdaddy Member

Jun 8, 2012
    #42 skipdaddy, Apr 7, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2016
    Get your starter key made to level 4 so you have 4 medal slots. The increase in power is very necessary after quest 60 or so.

3. skipdaddy

skipdaddy Member

Jun 8, 2012
    I may have been a little harsh. Im around quest 70 and have not had to go back and grind at all yet. I just assume eventually I will have to for good stuff. I think it's the case bc there is a daily materials quest for improving gear, have yet to need it however.

I agree though, if this is your first KH game PLEASE go play one of the originals. Or if you have a gba emulator get Chain of Memories

4. Montanx

Montanx Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2012
    San Diego
    #44 Montanx, Apr 7, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2016
    I never played any of them and I grew up on snes, ps1 loving jrpgs. Just never got around to playing them on ps2.

5. fabell

fabell Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2016
    If anyone from Squeenix is reading this, I really want to play this game but you've gone and region-locked your best f2p games (like this and Record Keeper) so I can't and that sucks. Please remove the region lock!

6. nosoup4crr

nosoup4crr Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2011
    I have some fundamental misunderstanding. There are charges on your keyblade. And there's a yellow bar that fills as you kill things. At first, I thought the bar is what allowed you to use your medal skills (once it reached max) since it depleted after using one. But it turns out that you can use medal skills regardless of the bar, so long as you have enough charges on your keyblade.

So what's the point of the yellow bar?

7. Digibear

Digibear Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2012
    Anyone have a party I can join. Digging this game atm.

8. twispby

twispby Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2012
    Loving this game!

Anyone know why some medals "sparkle" in your inventory? I haven't been able to find anything that differentiates them from identical medals other than one sparkles and one doesn't...

The energy system is this game is almost too generous. I've hit level 25 today and have yet to wait for AP to refill. Everything mine you level up it refills which seems to be every two to three missions. It's also really easy to increase the AP limit in the sphere grid part of the game.

I can see once you start grinding for high mats on daily missions it might start sappin AP's as those missions are 10 AP a pop and story missions are only a couple AP.

9. Montanx

Montanx Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2012
    San Diego
    The sparkly one is the one you are sharing so others can use it.

10. Serenityinaz12

Serenityinaz12 Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2015
    Unlike Ff Record Keeper where you get mithril (the premium currency) from each dungeon you do I'm not seeing any in game way to get the premium currency gems in this game that you can consistently do. Am I missing something here? Getting it slowly is expected - not getting it at all is a whole other matter

11. WjndWalk3r

WjndWalk3r Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2015
    You can get it through login daily (i got 350 yesterday) and 150 per 15 level if i remembered.

We need some kind of inventory to see our resource stock and a codex or something to show us where we can find certain type resource that we discovered.

12. Serenityinaz12

Serenityinaz12 Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2015
    If daily login is the only way that will really suck - because once you level up that will be the knlu way to get

13. WjndWalk3r

Apr 22, 2015
    but i think it's not that bad with this game, because you can't equip all 5* with the cost restriction, so let play it the slow way and try to max up your medal first. This game is not hardcore as Record Keeper

14. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    I have played both versions the one in Japan and the us version and the only real diff is Japan FTP games give you a lot more. From my experience the typical FTP game in Japan starts you off with around 12 free gifts and I even think the daily rewards are better than this version. Other than that it's pretty much the same. Anyone else who has played the Japan version chime in if I'm wrong. Typically though their free to play games are more giving than here in the us.

15. Ikeda

Ikeda Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2013
    Largo, FL
    #55 Ikeda, Apr 8, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2016
    What do you mean you don't earn premium currency?

I went from Snow White, to Alice, to Aladdin (and went to bed). Midway through Alice I had 400 premium. By Aladdin that was up at 1200.

Is that not enough premium currency? Considering they are "selling" 1700 premium for $15 I'm at least $10 for free on the way.

That's NOT including all the ones you get for free through logins and messaging.

I will admit to buying the special bonus thing for $15 where you get access to special areas (until Sunday, which seems very short) and a double portion of the currency. It bought me a 10 pack. While I do use Goofy and a couple of others intermittently, having the special levels (that are only going to be available certain days of the week) has been FAR more helpful in the long run than the pack of characters. I've moved Stitch from 1* to 4* lastnight and he's comparable to some of my 4-5* chars I got in the pack.

16. zergslayer69

zergslayer69 Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2010
    Since nobody asked yet. I assume this is online only?

17. Pyapiopi

Pyapiopi Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Yes the currency is crazy generous in this game.
    Every 5 storyline missions is 150 iap currency. Not to mention every event/ special missions gives 30 for the first complete every time. And the daily reward for just the first week should net you around 1200-1500.

And just as a reference, 3000 gems is the cost for the 10x summon. So you can do for free after (not counting any other method) 100 missions. Considering each missions is short, and if you focus on story you will never run out of ap, you can do 100 missions pretty easily.

And to the guy above, yes it is online only.

18. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    I don't normally jump on free to play games but this one is great! Over 500 reviews and a great rating in the App Store is good news means square will def be releasing more of their games to the us App Store. Romancing the SAga 2 is coming stateside soon and it's great been playing it in Japan App Store and will buy it again soon as I like it that much.

19. WjndWalk3r

Apr 22, 2015
    I'm a truly F2P player so i'll just grinding :D and where do you get the evolve material ? I just saw an 4* material at special mission and haven't seen any 1 or 2* evolve material :D

20. Ikeda

Ikeda Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2013
    Largo, FL
    Each day of the week is a different unlock. Very much like Puzzles and Dragons.

I'm in the middle of housework right now, but I can get you a list of what each day is later. In order to star up your characters you're going to have to level them to the max and then you need the Cheshire/Bibbity/Merlin tokens. For 4-5 star they have a completely DIFFERENT special area to get them from.

The only specials I haven't done are the sword ones because those are like 40 AP a piece and I'm not there yet. Even playing this way I've only gotten to 22-24AP?