Universal KINGDOM HEARTS Unchained (By SQUARE ENIX INC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PROAPK, Apr 7, 2016.

1. Limelight

Limelight Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2014
    To save my city.
    localhost
    I think this app is still on soft launch? Not yet available in my country but available on US.

2. Shiatama_0

Shiatama_0 Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2012
    Not available in Luxembourg ( Europe)

3. planier93

planier93 Member

Sep 2, 2014
    In Japan 2 mobile Kingdom hearts games have been released - Kingdom Hearts X & Kingdom Hearts X Unchained - the online service for X is going to be discontinued, but Unchained is going to continue worldwide. Just wanted to clear that up :)

4. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Well, Siliconera said that the BROWSER version of this game will be shutting down later this year, but that will have no effect on the smartphone version of the game in Japan or elsewhere. Sounds like they're shifting all resources over to this version. Bummer for the browser folks. Well, that's the way it goes in the temporary digital age.

5. As Zephyr

As Zephyr Member

Sep 8, 2012
    Not in Malaysia appstore... Miimoto also not in malaysian appstore... Hope publishers are reading this

6. spader623

spader623 Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2014
    Huh... Ok. What's the difference? And that's good, I was thinking it'd be weird to release it here yet stop supporting it in Japan soon after.

7. planier93

planier93 Member

Sep 2, 2014
    I was just about to clarify that haha. It is the browser version of this game that is losing the service.

8. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

Kingdom Hearts Unchained χ feels a lot like it was designed first as an Pay2Play Title and afterwards ported to become an Freemium Game with all those Features some might like or dislike that come Hand in Hand with the Freemium type of monetization.

[​IMG]

Some might don`t like those Timers that hold you back from playing the Game till they are restored or the hole InGame iAP in the Game where you can spent up to up $149,99 or just around $20,00 if you want to play InGame Sora or other well known Kingdom Hearts Characters.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

If the Freemium Model isn`t an issue at all for you and you are willing to give it a try you will get a Mobile Game that is settled in the Kingdom Heart Universe with all it`s interesting twists and beloved Characters. The Game itself is split up in a Story Mode, in a Special Mode and two parts that are available as soon as you reach Quest 34/100 in the Game.

[​IMG]

I have played the Game so far for around one hour and a lot of the content you will see in the Game the first couple of rounds has definitly that Kingdom Hearts fuzzy feeling that I got from playing Kingdom Hearts back on my PlayStation...

[​IMG]

...but without spoiling too much if you have tried so far to avoid any spoiler about the Game I would say that those that had expected from the Game to become the first full Kingdom Hearts Mobile Game probably won`t like the Game since it feels a lot like it does aim at a much younger audience then the Console Games had done so far.

[​IMG]

The Fighting Mechanics in the Game are very basic and you might have experienced parts of it already in other Mobile Games so Square Enix isn`t reinventing here anything New or something that I would call a Game Changer. As you would expect there are a couple of Gameplay Mechanics in the Game to spice it up a bit but nothing breaktaking.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Conclusion:

Kingdom Hearts Unchained χ doesn`t feel bad at all but still kinda left me in the limbo what Square Enix wanted to create here and at what Gamer Group they were aiming at with the Game.

The Hardcore Kingdom Hearts Fans probably won`t find it deep enough to give it a try and those that have never played any of the Kingdom Hearts Games at all might get confused at the beginning of the the Game since there aren`t really any deeper explanations about what is going on and what all those Shadows in the Game are and why all those Kids are fighting with all those big Keys (Keyblades) and so on and so on.

The Game isn`t for Hardcore Players and also not for those that never have played before any Kingdom Hearts Games. Creating a Freemium Game also does cut down those that want to give it a try even more and so I`m sitting here and asking myself what Square Enix wanted to archived with the Game at all and to be honest after the first hour with the Game I have absolute no freaking clue what the answer could be.

[​IMG]

I hope that I will find it out over the upcoming days but so far after the first hour with the Game I would rate it as following:

3,5/5 Keyblades*

*= If you are into Kingdom Hearts your Rating would be 3/5 and if you don`t know the Kingdom Hearts Universe at all I would go as far as to say that your first run with the Game might be a rough experience since the Game isn`t really going deep into explaining very much what`s going on if it comes to the Story Part of the Game.

9. Silver Light Storm

Mar 3, 2014
    As a fan whose played all the Kingdom Hearts games this one is the most fun game yet. I joined Vulpeus and my part is almost full already! This game deserves an Editors Choice! 10/10

10. sakara214ever

sakara214ever Well-Known Member

May 10, 2012
    Having fun with this one! Well done Square Enix!

11. skipdaddy

skipdaddy Member

Jun 8, 2012
    #31 skipdaddy, Apr 7, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2016
    I like the game, it's kind of like a turn based combat system. Granted it's free to play so all the IAP things are in it. However so far the energy system is very forgiving. My only thing is that it seems like it may be a grind fest like other FTP games of its type it later stages. I was able to play for extended periods without a wall so far, however I'm sure I will get there. I also like the stats system in this game. I recommend checking it out if you are a fan of Kingdom Hearts, it scratches the itch and is a decent 'on the go' game.

12. Anova

Anova Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Nov 14, 2012
    Sanuku, thanks for the great review on page 3!

13. RichRuzz

RichRuzz Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2012
    Really enjoying so far, anyone started a party I can join? I plan to be active.

14. Sieye

Sieye Well-Known Member

May 7, 2015
    East Coast
    OMG listening the the music almost made me cry :( Reminds me of the old days of literally playing Kingdom Hearts a million times.

15. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Free to play, IAP, energy system, and grind fest all sound like reasons for me to stay away. I was going to try this as my first Kingdom Hearts game, but with all of the F2P mechanics there to make them more money without giving me as much of a story, I think I'll hold off. I don't want another F2P app to give me a bad taste, especially when I hear the series is wonderful.

16. Anonomation

Anonomation 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Hearty Kingdoms

17. bestkevin

bestkevin Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2012
    Also available in Canada

18. bestkevin

bestkevin Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2012
    Hmmm... Sounds just like Million Arthur.... :/

19. Hambo12