Universal King Tongue (by Ankama)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Eli, Nov 18, 2015.

1. fabianb

fabianb Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    I overlooked this one! It actually looks really fun! :D

2. fabianb

fabianb Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Bought and absoluty no regrets! It is incredibly statisfying to beat those bananes to mud! Love it. Absolutely worth my money. Such a shame I didn't saw this game earlier.

3. DonnyDJ76

DonnyDJ76 Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2011
    Male
    Teacher
    Hackensack, NJ
    Double ditto

4. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

[​IMG]

[thread=276202][​IMG][/thread] [thread=275750][​IMG][/thread] [thread=275798][​IMG][/thread] [thread=275811][​IMG][/thread] [thread=275809][​IMG][/thread]

King Tongue

[​IMG]

is one of the nominees for

Touch Arcade Forums' Game Of The Week

Nov 19, 2015

VOTE HERE

***PLEASE NOTE***

1) Developers, publishing partners, or affiliates cannot vote for their own games. If your game is in the poll, you can't vote for it. You are free to ask TA forum posters in your game release thread to vote for your game... but please don't post multiple messages about it.
    2) This voting is for TA members with some activity. If you have to ask someone to create a new account to vote, you're doing it wrong.
    3) Suspect votes may be void.

Credit to AndyC83 for GotW logo & post layout

5. brybry

brybry Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2013
    I couldn't get enough of this game! A really fun and enjoyable game. It took strategy and some luck to beat it and never once did I get bored going for all three crowns. Great arcade game!

6. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    I thought I commented on this game for some reason, but I guess not. Anyway, I just wanted to say that if your on the fence with this one, pick it up. It's a great game. I'm still playing around with it.

I know I'm a lil late to the party, but just wanted to throw my 2 cents in and to give it a lil bump.

7. zinkdogg

zinkdogg Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2013
    I am completely digging this game. Controls are solid. Graphics/art style is awesome! Only downside is you will want more levels. Endless mode should have a randomly generated layout each retry too.
    I'd love to see someone do a spider-man game like this.

8. DonnyDJ76

DonnyDJ76 Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2011
    Male
    Teacher
    Hackensack, NJ
    For people who completed this masterpiece and deleted King Tongue, 10 more levels as well as additional achievements were added. Your progress is automatically saved, so whatever level you were on, you can continue from there or go back and play an older level.

9. Sash-O

Sash-O Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2015
    Germany
    Thanks for the info, such a great Arcade game!
    One of the hidden gems 2015!:)

10. Remote_

Remote_ Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

May 26, 2011
    UK
    Can't believe I slept on this one. No idea why it slipped through the net but I just picked it up today (on sale) and it's bloody fantastic!

Seriously fun and nicely balanced between learned skill and the occasional fluke.

Sounds and graphics are superb as well.

Just a fab game.

11. UltraBanaman

UltraBanaman Member
    Patreon Bronze

Aug 27, 2017
    Artist / GD @AnkamaGames
    France
    #31 UltraBanaman, Sep 12, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2017
    New game :)

Hi!

I am one of the two King Tongue's developper. I am very happy you liked this game.
    I would like to inform you that we just have realeased our new game called Drag'n'Boom.
    We tried to create a very dynamic gameplay. There is a new thread here:

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=311463

I hope you will like it. If you have any question about King Tongue or Drag'n'Boom. It will be a pleasure to speak with you here on toucharcade forums.

Have fun :)

12. sweetdiss

sweetdiss Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2009
    I've been on a rope swinging kick lately and finally picked this game up (only 3 years late...).

It's INSANELY GOOD. Can't believe I missed it earlier!

13. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Wow! I'm pretty surprised that this is still available in the AppStore!
    =D

Easily one of my favorite arcade/score-chasing games on the iOS. I really wish they could have sold enough copies to add more content. I mean, the 4 worlds that are there now is quite a bit - and world 4 is a nice challenge that took me a few weeks of regular play before I was able to beat it... and the Endless mode will always be there - but one or two more worlds would have really been a treat.

Anyway... just wanted to bring this to the attention of anyone that hasn't heard about it.
    And - last time they updated it, they made it free, so there's no harm in checking it out if you're even remotely curious.

The physics are top-notch, and the frame-rate is consistent. It played without any lag even on my old iPhone 5 when it first came out.
    There's not much variety in the atmospheres of each world, but there's some decent variety in the level designs. even though they're pretty bite-sized - it's fun to play around with the physics and chucking enemies at other enemies or just bashing them against walls while trying to maneuver through the bombs, missiles and mines.

If I hadn't already bought the game before it was made free, I would drop the $2 to remove ads from the free version in a heartbeat.
    Sooooooo.... yup... totally recommend you guys check it out.