Universal King Rabbit - Classic (by RareSloth LLC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by novichok2008, Mar 23, 2016.

1. RareSloth

RareSloth Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Emerald expansion update has been released on the AppStore! Enjoy this very creative set of levels created by the community. :)
    P.S. If you created one of these levels you will get your gift code in your inbox within an hour.

edit: looks like nkarafo beat me to the announcement. :)

2. RareSloth

Patreon Bronze

Announcing the ruby expansion design competition!
    All you have to do is create an awesome level and you can win the expansion for free.
    Get those level design skills ready. :)

Click here for contest details.

[​IMG]

3. murdercloud

murdercloud Member

Dec 24, 2016
    Indie developer, music/sound composition
    Stockholm, Sweden
  4. Intendro

Intendro Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2013
    #244 Intendro, May 9, 2017
    Last edited: May 10, 2017
    I didn't get an answer...

I just decided to try it again, and it wasn't currently under maintenance...

It looks like the answer is "you can technically share levels and play them more than once, but only by skipping every single level until you get [back] to the level in question."

As far as I can see, the level sharing really is limited to that one "play the next level in the list of all player levels" button. :confused:

I also tested skipping a level, and there was no apparent way to replay the previous level.

I don't see another option to share levels with friends, or to replay custom levels.
    You implied there was more to it than that one button. Is that it? Did I miss something? :eek:

5. RareSloth

Patreon Bronze

You're right, there is no way to quickly jump back to a level unless you have the link. This is by design.

How often does one want to play a level they were previously on? Our guess is that's a very low use case. If you want to come back to a level you can save the link. Or, don't skip a level until you are finished with it. There are thousands of levels for you to play, and there is little need to get hung up on any given level. We feel that the way we have it designed is very low friction and allows for good gameplay flow, and also gives all builders a fair chance at their levels getting played. We use an algorithm that shuffles levels so that new levels get played and evaluated - if a level is rated highly, it will get precedence over others.

6. RareSloth

Patreon Bronze

King Rabbit has been updated with the Ruby Expansion! It is now available for purchase. Enjoy these awesome levels.

Cheers,
    Brian

7. Intendro

Aug 6, 2013
    #247 Intendro, Jun 1, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2017
    I don't see a link, and I don't see where to enter a link. :confused:

8. RareSloth

Patreon Bronze

When you share a level you get a URL. Tapping on that URL opens King Rabbit and the level.

9. Analander

Analander Well-Known Member

Aug 24, 2014
    Love King Rabbit, but an issue for me is that there is no way to progress if you're stuck on a level. It would be nice if all the levels in a world were open.
    (Been stuck on Ice Adventures 14-3 for a month...)

10. Intendro

Aug 6, 2013
    #250 Intendro, Jun 1, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2017
    I see...

And...
    ...I see this is available after clearing the level.
    Now I know how it works.

I tap the share button, then tap Copy and I get something like this to paste:
    It's not even copying only the link to paste it somewhere to save. I get tweet text. That's just weird; I'd expect to just receive the level link.

This whole thing is very unintuitive.
    At first glance, there's seemingly no option at all except to play the next level.
    I never would have guessed I would have to put a URL in a web browser (outside the game!) as a replacement for a level select menu. :confused:

11. RareSloth

Patreon Bronze

Intendro, thanks for the feedback - what do you recommend?

12. Intendro

Aug 6, 2013
    With the way it works now, there should be a help screen with an explanation for how level sharing works.

Like I said, there's seemingly only that one option to play levels.
    You can enter a URL, but in a web browser; normally menu options are found in the game itself... so this is very odd. :eek:

Another thing: The method to get the level link is with a "share" icon.
    From what I've seen, that sort of button usually saves screenshots and/or opens a link to post to Twitter or something like that...
    I don't use these share buttons. People like me might never find the option to save a URL without being told it exists.
    So it really needs an explanation.

13. RareSloth

Patreon Bronze

Level 22-11 is currently broken. That's my bad. I accidentally moved the rabbit when curating the levels and adding diamonds. Will be fixed with the next update!

Best,
    Brian

14. zeetee

zeetee New Member

Jun 18, 2017
    Hey, loved the apps you guys make since Furdemption!

So, I feel like a moron for asking, but is 21-13 broken? I've been at it and it seems unsolvable. Also, it seems bugged; hitting the button that pushes over the wood and metal boxes often causes them to move in glitchy ways that doesn't seem to be appropriate.

15. RareSloth

Patreon Bronze

It is solvable! I'm not seeing the glitch. Can it be replicated? Could you share a screen recording (hit pause in King Rabbit and you'll see the red record button) and then share a dropbox link? That would be awesome.

Best,
    Brian

16. zeetee

zeetee New Member

Jun 18, 2017
    #256 zeetee, Jun 20, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2017
  17. RareSloth

Patreon Bronze

Thanks for the screenshots, we are aware of this bug but its been a real challenge to track down. For the recording, you should see buttons on the top right, which I see you don't have. If you want this feature I believe all you need to do is update your version of iOS.

Thanks!
    Brian

18. RareSloth

Patreon Bronze

We have just released the Sapphire expansion!

Enjoy. :)

19. TwelveFoot

TwelveFoot Well-Known Member

Mar 13, 2013
    Well that helps, I was stuck on that level... :rolleyes:

Ever figure it out? That's the only level (excluding un-purchased Sapphire expansion) that I haven't beaten. Does it have something to do with the switches on the little moving platforms to the right?

20. choobs

choobs New Member

Feb 27, 2009
    Anyone have any hints for 25-6 in the Emerald Expansion? I've got every other diamond in the game but I can't all of them on this level....