Universal King Rabbit - Classic (by RareSloth LLC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by novichok2008, Mar 23, 2016.

1. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    This is incredible!

Btw, will the app size slowly grow as you continue to play more user generated levels? I liked how the app was light weight but I'm concerned every time I play the app is going to eventually bloat.

2. Argh!

Argh! Member

Dec 11, 2013
    Okay, being able to now build & play user levels... awesome! Wonderful addition, nice work overall, etc.

But, only a single "Play all user levels" option? One that just feeds you an unskippable linear list of those user levels? No. Just no. Horrible decision. Just nine levels in, I'm completely brickwalled on one I consider unreasonably hard. And so now I can't ever play any more user levels.

Check out Robot Wants Kitty for a much better approach to user level selection.

3. RareSloth

RareSloth Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Hey. Thanks for the feedback... There are some reasons we did it this way. We do plan to add more functionality in the future. All levels are fed into an algorithm so that people's levels get a fair chance to "rise to the top" which most level lists don't allow.

You can skip user created levels (top left).

4. RareSloth

Patreon Bronze

That should not be a problem. We want to keep the app light too! Although every update it does get bigger...

5. dancj

dancj Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2011
    I've started finding black packs full of items in the game - but once I've opened them I can't find the items anywhere. Am I missing something?

6. RareSloth

Patreon Bronze

Have you gone to "create levels" and tried to create a level? The items should show up in the level builder. :) Let me know if something looks off, it's always possible we missed something!

Best,
    Brian

7. dancj

dancj Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2011
    Ah, that makes sense. I haven't even looked at the level builder yet. When I was young I was all over game designers, but these days I'm happy to sit back and enjoy other people's creations.

8. RareSloth

Patreon Bronze

Sounds good. Over 3,500 levels to enjoy now so you'll be sitting back for a while. :)

9. Rangerlump

Rangerlump Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2010
    Do some levels have a diamond slot with no diamonds? Also do some levels with a diamond slot only have 1/2 of one? A few in first group of levels seem to be this way. I checked hint and nothing

10. RareSloth

Patreon Bronze

If there's a slot, that means there are diamonds. If you have only filled part of the diamond slot, there are still diamonds to be found! Hints don't show you where the diamonds are.

Best,
    Brian

11. RareSloth

Patreon Bronze

#231 RareSloth, Feb 16, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2017
    We have an idea that we want your feedback on!

The level builder release has been successful in terms of content quantity - 4,000 levels and growing! However, we have had complaints about the "quality" of the community levels.

Our idea is to release "collections" of 64 levels featuring the best player-made levels. We feel there are many benefits to this experience. We would charge $2 per "collection" as a curation fee and to keep our server services running.

* Densely-packed high quality levels!
    * A sense of progression where you can easily come back and finish levels
    * You can play them offline

Players can continue playing community-made levels for free as long as we can afford to keep our servers up! :) Excited to hear what you think.

Best,
    Brian

12. Intendro

Intendro Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2013
    #232 Intendro, Feb 16, 2017
    You can't choose players' levels from a list, you can only go through the levels one by one, and skip or clear each one as you go.

And now you're suggesting people pay you for levels that other people made.

This sounds like an angry mob waiting to happen. :eek:
    Unless the level selection is also being changed to a list.

---

13. RareSloth

Patreon Bronze

#233 RareSloth, Feb 16, 2017
    Thank you for your honest feedback. We have considered adding more functionality like that, but it would require a return on investment (premium payment) in one form or another. Otherwise, we can't justify investing more development time. We are essentially at a crossroads with two options, a common theme for developers. We must find a way to create additional value for King Rabbit that still manages to create a return on investment OR we must stop updating King Rabbit. This is just one idea to find a win-win solution.

It would be similar to a "list" like you're saying but just packaged in a similar way as the campaign.

The problem with a "top-rated levels" list is that levels at the top always stay at the top, and other levels are never played... Ensuring that the levels you make with the builders are never seen. This would rot out the level builder community from the inside and discourage builders. That's why we have an algorithm that ensures that levels are at least played and rated a few times before they fall into obscurity or rise up to the top... Similar to how reddit functions.

14. Intendro

Aug 6, 2013
    #234 Intendro, Feb 17, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2017
    What about the possibility of viewing all the levels in lists and/or a "search for name/ID code" thing that usually happens with online level sharing?

This one-by-one thing just doesn't make sense. It's impossible to share your levels with a friend, or play a level more than once...?
    :confused:
    I really think this should not have been the way it was designed in the first place.

15. RareSloth

Patreon Bronze

Have you played the game? You can share levels with friends, and you can play levels more than once.

16. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    Sorry if this has been answered before, is there any way to remove those ads?

17. RareSloth

Patreon Bronze

Any purchase removes ads.

18. Intendro

Aug 6, 2013
    #238 Intendro, Feb 17, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2017
    Well, actually...
    I have not tried the level editor.
    I saw that complaint about it, which said there was only a "play the next level" option...
    Sorry about that. :eek:

...But all I see is that one "play all levels" button, like they said...
    :confused:
    (It says it's down for maintenance, so I can't check anything else...)
    Can it be done without skipping levels until you find the level? :eek:

19. RareSloth

Patreon Bronze

20. nkarafo

nkarafo Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2011
    New Update !!

New update with the new Emerald Collection !
    I think also that is has a new app icon.
    :) :)