Universal King Rabbit - Classic (by RareSloth LLC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by novichok2008, Mar 23, 2016.

1. houseofg

houseofg Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    How does Geometry Wars do it?

2. RareSloth

RareSloth Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Thanks all for the feedback.

I agree its nice to not have to switch apps to find levels.

We're planning to make it really quick to jump in and play community levels, and if you don't like the level you're playing you can quickly skip. We still like having the option for players to share their levels online - and those would be deep linked so tapping on it would take you right into that level! Always open to more thoughts. ;)

Cheers,
    Brian

3. dancj

dancj Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2011
    I'm curious to know how you'd handle the monetisation of user created levels. Opening those up would be likely to kill the market for level packs.

4. RareSloth

Patreon Bronze

#184 RareSloth, Oct 6, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2016
    @dancj - Yes, they would definitely cannibalize the expansion pack sales since there would be a ton of free player-made content. We're currently planning to make the expansions free, and continue to be ad-supported. Those who already bought the fire adventures expansion will get a substantial free gift with the next update... "Premium players" who have paid something, will continue to get ad-free gameplay.

We are thinking the builder should be free for everyone to use, and ad-supported just like the regular game. We might ask all players to pay up gems or watch an ad as a throttle if they try skipping too many levels. Being able to skip levels infinitely would raise our server costs.

If you have other ideas please throw them our way. :)

Thanks,
    Brian

5. dancj

dancj Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2011
    Cool.

I hope that method brings in lots of money for you

6. houseofg

Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    Are you kidding me? They're in this for the T-shirt sales! #

7. RareSloth

Patreon Bronze

We do too, so that we can continue running quality servers and keep improving the game. :)

8. RareSloth

Patreon Bronze

T-shirt business is booming. /sarcasmgameisstrong

9. RareSloth

Patreon Bronze

Hey friends. We’ve squeezed in an update releasing tonight at 5PM PST. We’re still on track to release our winter update on 11/17 (NEW LEVELS!) and the level builder update on Jan 11! Some lucky players from our mailing list will be able to test the level builder late November.

Broadcasting

Show off your King Rabbit gameplay with ease. One way to stream is to download Mobcrush on your iOS device. You will also be able to record your gameplay for easy uploading to YouTube. Since broadcasting is very new, you will only be able to broadcast if you have iOS10 installed on a newer device.

Customizations

A couple of fall and Halloween-themed customizations to get festive with your gameplay. If there is a customization option that you really want, let us know on Twitter. #

Fire for all

Great news! The Fire Adventures expansion will be free for everyone to play. If you already bought the expansion, you will receive 3 free hints and 400 free gems automatically ($7.00 USD value).

Why are you making the fire expansion free?

In January we are adding a level builder to King Rabbit. With this addition, players will be able to play unlimited levels for free. It wouldn’t be right to charge for player-made levels. Therefore, there is little incentive (other than being awesome) to purchase our expansions. We will be releasing 64 winter themed levels November 17th, and those will be free as well. #

10. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    #190 L.Lawliet, Oct 27, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2016
    Thanks for the new update. I totally understand your reasoning for the free expansion so no worries.

Btw a bit nitpicky but your new icon I do love the borders but I like the rabbit on the original more. I also noticed this icon isn't as sharp and crisp as the previous one (looks a tad blurry). Hopefully you can touch it up in the next update? it could be just my imagination so no biggie :p

11. RareSloth

Patreon Bronze

@L.Lawliet

Thanks for the comment and for understanding the price change.

This rabbit was painted so that's why it might be feel slightly more textured / fuzzy than the previous vector-based icon. Thanks for your feedback though and we'll consider changing it for the next update.

Best,
    Brian

12. ShelvsHotPencil

ShelvsHotPencil Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2016
    I love this game

13. ShelvsHotPencil

ShelvsHotPencil Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2016
  14. PBSNellie

PBSNellie Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2013
    Southern CA
    #194 PBSNellie, Oct 29, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2016
    To the Devs, I sent you a PM regarding the problem I am having. Thanks.

Wow. Talk about a fast reply, these guys have earned my loyalty (in addition to putting out quality games).

This is regarding a King Rabbit crash I experienced after updating:

Thanks for your feedback. We're aware of the crashes, it's an iOS 9 and below crash when signed into Game Center. If you sign out of GameCenter it should work, but we're getting another build out as soon as possible.

Sorry for the inconvenience!

Cheers,
    Austin Borden
    Co-founder of RareSloth

15. Niklpikl

Niklpikl New Member

Oct 30, 2016
    Level 4-7: Helpful Buddies

I am worried that something might be wrong with my brain, because I cannot get all the diamonds in this level. I got desperate and tried to cheat by watching it on YouTube, but even that didn't help. Unlike the videos I watched, my level starts with both reapers already friendly. Am I missing something?? I can't stop thinking about it- help!!

16. houseofg

Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    You may want to actually identify the level at issue! Or if you did so outside the message itself, it is not visible in the iOS app.

17. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    Yes, they put it in the title of the post, which annoyingly doesn't show up in the app. The level they are talking about is 4-7.

18. houseofg

Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    #198 houseofg, Oct 31, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2016
    Ok. Thanks Boardumb. I had a feeling I was just missing something.

That level must have updated with new diamonds (which would explain why the YouTube video wasn't helpful) because, as it happens, I just played it to get back to 100%, after I noticed them missing post update.

The two I was missing were in the tree at the bottom left, where you start, and in, I think, the tree above the leftmost scythe guy. One of those trees, anyway. Yes they should both start friendly and remain that way. You move the first scythe guy to the pad that keeps the island moving. You move the second scythe guy south until you can move the TNT into the water, to the east. You can then move the scythe guy up to the trees.

Hadn't had any reason to play for awhile, so it was nice while it lasted. Man I love this game. Looking forward to the expansion next month!

19. houseofg

Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    [Whoops... responded to myself instead of editing above]

20. phant0mw0rm

phant0mw0rm Member

May 3, 2016
    I have found how to get one of the two hidden achievements! You have to press the screen, and keep pressing until king rabbit farts a rainbow :)
    Still looking for the second hidden achievement.