Universal King Rabbit - Classic (by RareSloth LLC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by novichok2008, Mar 23, 2016.

1. RareSloth

RareSloth Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Hey, thanks for the feedback. I think we can do something about that in a future update. The way we have it now is that the farther into the game you get, the more deaths it takes for that modal to pop up. Sorry for the annoyance though!

Best,
    Brian

2. RareSloth

Patreon Bronze

Not tellin' :) Some are SUPER hidden.

Looks like #2 most diamonds on gamecenter has 98 diamonds found. That #1 player is a hacker I think so their score will be removed. This is why we can't have nice things!

3. dancj

dancj Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2011
    Loving the game so far, but one thing that I would change is that I hate not knowing which levels have diamonds on them. It would be nice if there was some way of knowing from the list of levels, which ones still have diamonds to be found.

4. MathFan

MathFan Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2014
    I am loving this game as much as Furdemption.

Is there a Game Center bug with the Experienced achievement? All others seem to be showing progress and/or completion. Thanks.

5. Matt33

Matt33 Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Developer
    Canada
    I searched the best I could for diamonds, but something tells me 101 isn't all of them. Props to whomever finds more! I like that there's no indication which levels have them, and not knowing how many there are makes that leaderboard intriguing.

6. RareSloth

Patreon Bronze

Is it still not showing progress? Is anyone else seeing this? Mine is showing progress.

7. Makoto

Makoto Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2014
    Mine doesn't show either.

8. RareSloth

Patreon Bronze

Ok, we'll add this as something to look into to fix for the next update!

Cheers,
    Brian

9. hyperfox

hyperfox Member

Mar 26, 2016
    I got 103 hidden diamonds now. 80% sure that is all of them.

10. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    Just wanted to chime in with a shout out to Rare Sloth. Very fun puzzler. Just finished Chapter 2. I'll have to think about the infinite slow down IAP. My reflexes are just not so fast and the timimg required is sometimes quite precise. But, still having a lot of fun figuring things out.

11. soniclife

soniclife Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2009
    Hamburg
    One huge advantage compared to Furdemption is that the scaling is different on an iPhone5: the sprites are smaller so you can see more an plan ahead.

I still don't understand why the game is locked to portrait mode on iPhone and landscape on iPad. I would prefer to have both modes on all devices.

Another thing which is really annoying for me - and it is a problem with a lot of games - you can't choose the language and it is locked to the system language. I would like to set it to English (although I'm not a native speaker as you can easily tell by my words...) - especially if the translation is far away from good and contains typos and strange words. An otherwise great game gets an unnecessary cheap taste - so please include an option to choose the language.

12. Valentia

Valentia Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Jan 20, 2009
    Female
    Retired!
    California
    Ha ha! Smell the rainbow! :D

13. Makoto

Makoto Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2014
    Hi, is there a screenshot? We have no access to YouTube in our country…

14. Makoto

Makoto Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2014
    Some opinion about this sequel:

To me, King Rabbit feels more forgiving than Furdemption overall, which may due to my experience with FD, or simply because the beautiful forests make me relax more ;) so in terms of difficulty, I think FD has the need of a hint/ZA WARUDO system more than KR does, and whoever has completed FD should probably have no need of the hints while playing KR, game-wise (since you may want to help the wonderful devs by purchasing some iaps). That is, given the lower price and the more forgiving difficulty(in comparison to FD, IMO. No intention to hurt people who are struggling), I am somewhat worrying about its financial success. But who knows? I'm viewing this as a player and know little about marketing. Maybe KR is actually getting more attention due to the friendly price, and surely I hope so!

Overall, King Rabbit is even awesomer than Furdemption IMO. The visual, the sound, the atmosphere, and THE HIDDEN GEMS. I've got 92 in my first playthrough(just where did you hardcore guys get over 100?? :-0), which is a satisfying journey. However, getting all coins feels easier than before. But I think hidden gems more than compensates that: I think it can be viewed as that some of the most difficult coins to get from FD become hidden gems in KR, and BECOME HIDDEN in addition, which makes getting them no less challenging and yet more appealing! Who doesn't enjoy uncovering secrets?

Being a sequel, KR reuses a lot of mechanics from FD, yet the levels feels different enough to me. I think that's probably because of the absence of holy water, and it's a bold move of the devs to do that IMO, and I appreciate it. About the new mechanics, I feel that love potion is a fresh take, yet hard to design around it. Maybe there should be some contest around it to discover its full potential some day, hahaha.

15. demod1

demod1 Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2012
    Yukon Warrior was one of my all time favorite games for iOS and Furdemption was excellent. Can't wait to play the developers latest!

16. ShinHadoukin

ShinHadoukin Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2015
    It is a great game but I am less of a fan of the spend, diamonds, IAP aspect. I get why it's this way, no big deal. I would like a way to turn off the hint button. It sparkling in the corner is a little annoying b/c I will never use a hint. People so & that's great but it would be cool if you buy an IAP you can turn off hints (or just be able to turn it off regardless). I like the game, I'm having fun & the dev is awesome so no real complaints here!

17. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    I want Yukon warrior 2 so damn bad. I was late to the game finding that game but it's just awesome. If it still had IAP I probably would have spent too much lol. And I hate IAP.

Back to King rabbit. I love this game. For $.99 you can't go wrong here. So much fun and entertainment. Thank you Raresloth! I love you guys. I purchased infinite slow time because I feel the asking price was too low and wanted to give back to the dev team. Plus it's a damn cool feature muhahaha

Billy

18. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    For those that use the slowdown - how does it work? Does it last a certain amount of time, or last the whole level? Does it work like an on/off button? Before I decide to purchase, would like to kniw more about the mechanics of this feature.

19. RareSloth

Patreon Bronze

• It lasts for the full duration of the level
    • Yes, you can toggle it on and off!