Universal King Rabbit - Classic (by RareSloth LLC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by novichok2008, Mar 23, 2016.

1. MathFan

MathFan Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2014
    I loved Furdemption - so this is an instant buy.

2. sugimulm

sugimulm Well-Known Member

Yup me too, very fair and only .99, I want to make sure more levels are coming. Very awesome game indeed!!

3. TheGodless

TheGodless Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2013
    Same here! Great game for a way too cheap price. It does start a little slow, but it gets tough.

4. HelperMonkey

HelperMonkey Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2009
    Iowa
    Jumped all over this as soon as I saw it.
    (Bunny related pun purely accidental)
    Playing Furdemption made this an obvious purchase.

Best of luck, RareSloth. I hope you guys make some money.

*Reminder to all fans to support this team with an AppStore review, as well.*

5. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Ha! I'm not surprised. No Game Center for months has slowed me down a bit!

6. Qwertz555

Qwertz555 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    Before the deserved praise...

I might have missed from the upcoming thread why you had/wanted to change the name (Furdemption rocks) to this one. Very pity, in my books. Another "downgrade" for me is your uninspired new old icon.
    And a little german spelling error in world 1:
    Die Hedmkehr. Right: Die Heimkehr

Due to this criminel cheap price, i'll have to buy one of those beloved iap's to support you more. Says enough how much i like this sequel.

7. ROGER-NL

ROGER-NL Well-Known Member

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    #27 ROGER-NL, Mar 23, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2016
    Ha, some dutch error also, it says blood uit and it must be bloed uit, very funny, but the dutch is otherwise great implemented.

I like this game more than the first, why is that I wonder, I think mostly because of the friendly environment the game has now. And for example level 2-9 is a clever little puzzle so I would say this game has more little clever touches here and there.

8. dancj

dancj Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2011
    Is anyone else finding the iCloud sync doesn't work? It was fine for me in Furdemption, but in King Rabbit the progress from my iPhone isn't showing on my iPad at all.

9. farley

farley Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    I played a fair bit of the first game, Furdemption, but (and don't laugh) I found it a bit too challenging - I normally prefer more casual games. I think the killer for me was the need to have such precise timing on many levels, so it was more platformer and less puzzler. And my swipes were less than precise when done at high speed in rapid succession, so I died often!!

Can anyone tell me if this sequel is more difficult than the original, if it's easier, or if it's pretty much on a par?

Thanks.

10. sakara214ever

sakara214ever Well-Known Member

May 10, 2012
    i see 96 levels someone mentioned 120. Am i wrong? Not that it matters so much this game is one of my favorites!

11. RareSloth

RareSloth Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

There are 96 (so far), someone must have miscounted.

12. sakara214ever

sakara214ever Well-Known Member

May 10, 2012
    Thank you!

13. Hoodin

Hoodin Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 2016
    Never played Furdemption, but when a game gets this many glowing reviews, who am I to deny myself the experience?! Even if I don't like it, I do like supporting small, indie devs!

14. RareSloth

RareSloth Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

I'll let some other people answer on the difficulty! I will say that we did add the "slow time" powerup which are pretty easy to obtain and help you to pass those difficult platformer / twitchy levels.

15. I haven't played enough yet to comment on the whole game. But I had the same problem with Furdemption. I got frustrated dying so often on one of the first levels and just quit. I've definitely made it further on this one and it feels more like a puzzler than a platformer. But since I'm only near the end of the first world, I don't know if that will change.

16. farley

farley Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    Thanks for the answers. I'm very likely going to buy it anyway! :)

17. eksaint

eksaint Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2015
    #37 eksaint, Mar 24, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2016
    I'm loving this. Loved the first one as well.

Just finished 2-16, press and go. Brilliant

18. ShinHadoukin

ShinHadoukin Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2015
    #38 ShinHadoukin, Mar 24, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2016
    I know there was all the talk about being able to make money & Furdemption wasn't bringing in money. So, a new pay model was coming to the sequel. I'm not sure I see how this is better. Besides all the fans buying IAP to support the dev, all the cheapos that wouldn't buy Furdemption probably won't pay .99 for this game, especially when Furdemption is now free. Are there plans for this game to get tons of levels added over time? I absolutely loved the first game & the dev is awesome!!! This is not a bash on the dev or IAP, I'm just curious.

So, there is currency now that can be paid for?
    Items that can be paid for?
    Does this new revenue mean plans to keep this game updated (Furdemption was) with more & more levels?

Great games by a great dev, who is active with his fans!!! Can't beat that!!! I hope the game blows up the charts!

To be clear, I'm not saying any of this b/c I think games must have tons of content & always be updated. For .99 this is a streal with 96 levels. I'm just curious is revenue is much better for the sequel, will we see more, not necessary or expected, simply wondering.

19. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Sorry, my bad! Somehow got it in my head that there were 20 levels per world!

20. Prhaber

Prhaber Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2010
    Out of interest, what happened to the level editor that was being developed? I was part of the beta testing for it and it seemed to work brilliantly - I presumed it would be part of Furdemption's sequel but doesn't look like that is the case.

For my part, I am enjoying this sequel apart from a couple of minor gripes. Personally I would have stuck with the Furdemption name as I thought it was clever and original - 'King Rabbit' just doesn't do it for me and doesn't really make the game stand out or describe what it's about. And I loved the original premise of a rabbit escaping from hell....and suffering all sorts of grisly deaths in the process. I know you probably wanted to do something fresh and newer but I feel that could have been done within the environments from the originals. The number of amazing levels created by users in the level editor proves how well that can be done.

Having said that, I haven't spent too much time with King Rabbit yet so perhaps the new environments (and name!) will grow on me!