Universal King of Thieves (By ZeptoLab UK Limited)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by touchy85, Jan 27, 2015.

1. ItouchBrett

ItouchBrett Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2008
    Figures people are complaining about this. Sigh.

2. SpikeGuy

SpikeGuy Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    It's a cute game with some interesting ideas but you sure can't play for long until you run out of keys. I can't see myself playing this for an extended period of time.

3. halvet

halvet New Member

Feb 15, 2015
    Pay to raid.

4. Ozes

Ozes Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2012
    How to get a new Totem????

My Totem is destroyed

5. Gatada

Gatada Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    And pay to place.

6. silentcon

silentcon Member

Aug 17, 2014
    Beat the main levels until you unlock a new totem to move in.

7. makedamage

makedamage Active Member

Apr 15, 2014
    Whatever doubts there were about it being pay to win have already vanished. Just take a look at the Top Guilds.

All of them have ridiculous amounts of gems. As I write this, the top player of the top guild has 2.5 million gems. There are only two ways to get there in so little time. Either they paid or they used IAP cracks on jailbroken devices.

However you look at it, the game is broken and it's the regular joes that get the short end of the stick.

8. Tizz986

Tizz986 Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 20, 2009

Those people were in from the pre-release, not gemmers.

Also, you can upgrade how fast you get keys as well as the max you can hold. It also appears that the more you upgrade, the more free keys you get for watching an ad.

Honestly, it was a pain when I was pushing through all the single player missions, but now that I am through it all it feels like I have plenty of keys to just PVP raid.

9. Wicked8146

Wicked8146 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Nov 17, 2009
    Dinosaur hunter
    Los Angeles
    I just realized you can click on your mine and get extra gold. Awesome. Been playing this whole time without it.

10. justcallmedewey

justcallmedewey Active Member

Sep 4, 2012
    What a bunch of crybabies in this thread. It's a fun game that you don't have to pay to have fun. Haters gonna hate, and ain'ters gonna ain't

11. YouGotHeadshot

Dec 1, 2013
    I'm loving this game, but the amount of ads I've watched so far (probably about 2 hours worth at this point, I can't stop playing!) is just disgusting. Also, it seems statistically impossible that 75% of the time, the lock needed to open the door ends up being the final one... I sense a lot of RNG manipulation on ZeptoLabs' part.. :/ love the game, hate the free to play elements. Ah well, as I get more gold and lock picks, I worry less about having to watch ads as time progresses and I get more upgrades.

12. makedamage

makedamage Active Member

Apr 15, 2014
    I prefer to call it constructive criticism. If a game has flaws, it's not unreasonable to point them out.

13. Nonstickron

Nonstickron Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    Graphic Artist / Pre-Press
    Central Florida
    I'm not sure I get this game. It seems like I'm socketing gems just to have them stolen.

14. makedamage

makedamage Active Member

Apr 15, 2014
    Then you need a new layout. Change it and don't put up gems. Test it for a while. See how people deal with it and if needed, alter the design. Then test again.

The goal is to have almost every player leave with just one star (or none). This will dramatically decrease their chances of stealing a gem. If a layout is easy to complete for you it will also be for other players.

I spent almost an hour to get my layout but it's paying off. Of the 5 people that raided me during the night, 4 quit.

15. stbsteve

stbsteve Active Member

May 20, 2012
    I hate this game and I love this game. Same theme as a lot of others here, the freemium element and timers are pretty naff - I think there's a major difference between freemium 'enhance your chances' and freemimm 'pay to win' and thi falls into the latter.

Unfortunately, the game is real good fun - I love designing my dungeon to make it as tough as possible and then revenge raiding all those who attacked me - really cool stuff. But because the paid for aspects can totally make your designed dungeon toothless and then when your attackernos trying to steal a gem they can respond to their hearts content - there is a big aspect of the game that's broken.

Finally - and I know it was available in Canada as beta - when I was doing the wooden cup I was second in the league with 5k points. The person in 1st had around 36k points - how does that work?

16. Menel

Menel Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2012
    Engineer
    TN
    This, so much this.

When I returned to the game this morning with my cho of coffee... I was greeted with this, and a huge grin.

[​IMG]

17. InkyTheGhost

InkyTheGhost Well-Known Member

Jul 12, 2012
    NYC
    Let's use this thread to compare layouts, and offer assistance to people having trouble coming up with a good defense. Here's mine. I like dropping raiders into an immediate sh*tstorm. It's very rare that someone gets through with more than one star.
    Also you can move around the entrance and treasure.

Attached Files:

18. Menel

Menel Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2012
    Engineer
    TN

Im game.

The blaster on the top left, keeps player on his toes from the get go.
    Buzzy in the middle crests the top with the player to give him a headache.
    That buzzsaw positioning on the right makes descending very tricky.

[​IMG]

19. makedamage

makedamage Active Member

Apr 15, 2014
    #99 makedamage, Feb 17, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2015
    Here's mine. I like to drop people into hell straight off the bat to give them little time to process the traps.

But at the same time, it's good to give them some time to react, so they can botch the timing. When I set up the traps I start with just two. Test if it's difficult like that and then add the third trap. Then I test with each trap out of the way, one at a time.

This makes sure that even when one of the traps goes under, the level is still hard to complete.

This dungeon is particularly deadly because you have to get the timing perfectly right otherwise the fly will catch you or the cannon will shoot you. But do it too soon and the red ball (under construction) will kill you.

The layout forces people to go down the drop and go all the way to the left. Once there, people have to get the timing absolutely perfect once again to do the climbing in one go, otherwise the fly will get them.

Attached Files:

20. InkyTheGhost

InkyTheGhost Well-Known Member

Jul 12, 2012
    NYC
    Wow, those are some awesome layouts! That is a very impressive amount of skulls, Menel. :)
    And that's a fantastic idea to test with each trap out of the way, since that's the only way anyone gets through mine. I don't think anyone has gotten through without one of the traps being taken away, so maybe I need to revisit it, and make it even tougher with only two traps. I had to play through mine a couple dozen times to get the timing just right. As it is now, almost every move you make gets you killed, and the fly keeps raiders moving the whole time because it beelines straight for them.
    Makedamage, are there any benefits to being in a guild?