Universal King of Thieves (By ZeptoLab UK Limited)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by touchy85, Jan 27, 2015.

1. KeKhan

KeKhan Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    #21 KeKhan, Jan 30, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2015
    ahhh ok, that explains some of the impossible combos I've seen - that needs to be reported to the devs.
    You should be required to play your first defenses when setting up a base.

As for the revenge - it just lets you attack that player back, the gem you end up with has to come from thier totem, and they might not out your stolen gem into their totem. I'm sitting on that 40k gem for example heheeh.
    I'm not sure how the Facebook revenge works, as I don't have Facebook.

Also there seems to be an upgrade later on that increases your chance of stealing the best gem from a totem.

What's your in-game name btw? And are you in wood league?

2. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    I'm Dagon in game and yes still in the first league. Although very sad as someone just stole my best gem....feeling very sad.

3. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    Can't get my gem back at all it was a 4000 gem which was my highest by far. Seems completely pointless to upgrade them once you have them.

When it gets stolen that's it it's gone unless they totem it which isn't likely and even if they do not much chance you'll get yours back. I've seen the feature for friends on FB to get it back for you somehow but none play.

I was under the impression with the game if someone took your gems you could steal it right back if you could beat their base. Kind of ruins the game for me knowing they can steal it and it's gone forever no getting it back.

4. Cherway

Cherway Active Member

Dec 24, 2014
    In real life you won't get too many chances to take revenge. As for me, the game sounds fun. Looking forward to release.

5. KeKhan

KeKhan Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    You're looking at it the wrong way... This is essentially a PvP game. If your gem gets stolen, steal someone else's. When you attack a base, you can only steal the gems that are in the totem. I'm not sure why you thought you could magically recover a specific gem, I never got that impression.
    You lose a gem, go steal another one - it's a game of thieves after all.

Here's a little tip tho - if a gem gets stolen from your totem, the upgrade is PAUSED not canceled. That means you can put another gem in and continue. Use this tactically. Put cheap gems in to upgrade, then if someone steals it, put in one of your better gems and now you only have 10 minutes left and your better gem is at risk a lot less.

6. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    I'm sure I just got the idea from somewhere saying if someone steals your gem go steal it back and also the recovery system with fb friends and guilds although I have neither.

I do steal others gems my bag is always full with them but they are all terrible, I never find any good ones.

7. Cherway

Cherway Active Member

Dec 24, 2014
    #27 Cherway, Feb 3, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2015
    @ste86uk
    You always have an option to find dev's official channels and tell them what you dislike. However, I guess, the only thing you need is to start loving hardcore and pvp games more ;)

As for me, I'm going to get an early access to the game. Not Thieves you're talking here, but King of Thieves. Good luck in discussing the Stone Age :)

8. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    #28 ste86uk, Feb 3, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2015
    Deleted

9. Cherway

Cherway Active Member

Dec 24, 2014
    *X-files music's playing*

10. PeteOzzy

PeteOzzy Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Norwich, England
    Back on the NZ store, should be another worldwider tonight.

11. redribbon

redribbon Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
  12. Cherway

Cherway Active Member

Dec 24, 2014
  13. skidz26

skidz26 Active Member

Oct 16, 2014
    Seems like a decent freemium although it's not helping my OCD at all #

14. Zeillusion

Zeillusion Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2013
    #34 Zeillusion, Feb 12, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2015
    Games awesome!

It's very unique. It's taken " build & raid " to another level.

15. SonixManix

SonixManix Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2013
    I absolutely adore this game. I don't care that the lockpicks take time to regenerate. The plat forming and dungeon-building formula is just so well done, I can't get over it. Simply amazing. This is my new long-term addiction and was easily worth the long wait. :D

16. ramzarules

ramzarules Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    i really like it so far! wish there was a premium price to pay for unlimited keys (lockpicks). The best part is trying to beat your own dungeon! Very smart! I put this in the same category with Trials Frontier - amazing game that doesn't let you play as much as you want for a premium-

17. thesinmaster

thesinmaster Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2013
    #37 thesinmaster, Feb 12, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2015
    really got addicted!

no paywall yet

i died almost 20 times to create my base ;)

any guild for toucharcade yet?

EDIT; got frustrated when noticed that I can not take my previous dungeon's best defense to the next. And it asks again premium currency for the best defense for the new dungeon.....

not moving to the bext dungeon until I do some updates...

18. Wicked8146

Wicked8146 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Nov 17, 2009
    Dinosaur hunter
    Los Angeles
    I like this game - twist on Clash of Clans, but it is frustrating that within minutes of closing the game, someone has raided my base and stole my gems. I guess I'll have to keep working on a tougher defense. I may have to delete if it gets too frustrating though.

19. macplash

macplash Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    I was really looking forward to this game. I own the whole Cut the rope collection and spent quite some time with those puzzles. I was even willing to accept the freemium model because it's ZeptoLab. But the moment any game restricts me from playing it with any sort of over-time-rechargable energy nonsense, I'm just done. Unless there's an option to remove permanently (e.g. like in Puzzle to the Center of the Earth). I'd be more than happy to pay similar 4,99€ to get rid of keys, but if the gameplay is focused mostly on such restrictions, there's no way to bypass that. Sorry, it's a huge disappointment for me. I agree with the last section of the PG's review completely. So much potential, what a waste. It's a pity.

20. Curby

Curby New Member

Feb 12, 2015
    Game Crashes!!

Anyone else experiencing a problem with the game crashing when it says "Someone Broke into your dungeon" in the intro? Just after you put the gem in the smelter thing?
    iPad Air