Universal King of Dragon Pass - (by A Sharp)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Sep 7, 2011.

1. TimTim92

TimTim92 Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2012
    #261 TimTim92, Oct 28, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2014
    Thank you for your reply! I've been waiting for a sale for a little while. Haha. Will definitely pick this one up! Glad you still find it fun, it seems like one of those games that will. :)

Anyone know how long the sale will last? I've been trying to figure out for a little while now.. No luck yet.

2. PoloBaquerizoH

PoloBaquerizoH Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2013
    Just 5 days

3. TimTim92

Jun 14, 2012
    Thanks again! You've answered me so many times already, too. Haha
    Just have to throw it out there, really needed a firm answer and I'll take yours. The only one I was given anyways. :p I do appreciate your time.

4. Drucifer

Drucifer Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2010
    Canada
    I wonder why they haven't released a version on the Mac Store. I can't find a Mac version of the game anywhere, I'm sure they'd be able to tweak the iOS version to be compatible and for sale on the Mac Store.

5. TimTim92

Jun 14, 2012
    Does anyone have a sound glitch with this game? The music stops randomly when switching to a new scene.

6. Drucifer

Drucifer Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2010
    Canada
    I don't think what you are referring to is a glitch though. The audio changes regularly when a new event pops up or I think even during different seasons. So if you are in the midst of say sacrificing and you finish and it pops up with an event where your trade caravan gets stopped by bandits the audio would change according to the event.

7. TimTim92

Jun 14, 2012
    No, it is some kind of a glitch where the music "pops" and doesn't come back until the next "scene". I do know what you're referring to and it's not that though but, thanks for your help otherwise.

8. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    So I've seen good impressions for this game everywhere but I have so much to play. Given its sale is it worth getting it still?

Is there another on its way already as I know this has been out a while.

9. spoosh

spoosh Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2013
    #269 spoosh, Dec 26, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2014
    I think it's worth getting, especially at the current sale price! I got it a few months ago when it dropped down to $4.99 and I liked it a lot. It's difficult to learn everything, but once you start getting the hang of it, it can get really interesting.

Also, I think there's a sequel/prequel game on the way. I'll try to find the TA article about it and link it here.

Edit: there's a "spiritual successor" being developed. See here: http://toucharcade.com/2014/10/27/king-of-dragon-pass-developers-working-on-spiritual-successor-six-ages/

10. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    Thanks for the reply and it does sound worth it I'll pick it up in a minute. Just wanted to be sure I don't buy it and then a sequel was out soon since it has been out a while but 2016 is far off yet!

I do like gamebooks and RPG and telltale games along with strategy and resource management so I do think I'll love this from all the things I've seen.

11. saansilt

saansilt 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Mar 23, 2013
    [​IMG]

Is there any good reason not to buy this game?
    Seriously awesome.
    And look at that^^^
    Triceratops. Calvary.
    I rest my case.

Enjoy it bro. But read the in game manual. It makes life easier.

12. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    Thanks I'll be sure to read the manual first then and that does sound cool having those as mounts!

13. tpianca

tpianca Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2012
    #273 tpianca, Nov 2, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2015
    Finally got this game, and I actually regret I didn't get it earlier, when I first read about it in the RPG Reload earlier this year. This is just awesome, so deep I will take months to properly understand all of this!

14. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    #274 Ayjona, Nov 2, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2015
    I admire yer optimism!

15. veryggyy

veryggyy Active Member

Apr 2, 2015
    Waiting their holiday sale #

16. Gurney Halleck

Gurney Halleck Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2012
    Telephony and Computer Network Engineering and Mai
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    #276 Gurney Halleck, Dec 23, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2016
    So much this! For any who have not yet got yer hands on this masterpiece of replayability, strategy, and adventure then may this little nugget of Truth serve ye well. One of my very favorite iOS games is on sale for only $4.99! Seriously some of the best bang for your buck to be found anywhere on the AppStore or elsewhere! Do yourself a favor and smash the buy button on this premium gem right now!