King Oddball Look-Alike Contest: Win a $50 iTunes gift card

Discussion in 'Promo Codes and Contests' started by 10tonsLtd, Oct 1, 2012.

1. 10tonsLtd

10tonsLtd Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2009
    #1 10tonsLtd, Oct 1, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2012
    Like many other great kings before, King Oddball also needs a look-alike. Thus King Oddball requests your company at the King Oddball Look-Alike Contest. To participate, please follow the procedure described below.

1) Please acquire the electronic image behind this link: http://www.kingoddball.com/lookalike.jpg
    2) Use your image manipulation skills to create the best look-alike you can imagine. Every object or person, be it imaginary or real, is an eligble look-alike.
    3) Make the resulting image available on the Internets and post it to this thread. The King has graciously agreed to allow several entries from a single contestant.

The King's PR department has created the following example image: http://www.kingoddball.com/lookalike-example.jpg

The King has announced the following prizes: A $50 iTunes gift card (or roughly the same monetary value in some other currency) for the best look-alike and smaller bonus prizes for runner ups.

The contest will be closed on October 7th at 11:59 PM (-5 GMT). His royal oddness will select the supreme winner and runner-ups on October 8th. The winners will be contacted electronically via the Touch Arcade forums. The King will also announce the winners publicly and their names will be chiseled on his stony head.

Let the contest begin!

If you haven't heard about The King, the King's PR department encourages you to view the following video material: http://bit.ly/kingoddball

2. Darth Ronfar

Darth Ronfar Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    Animal related
    LA
  3. Hiipi

Hiipi Active Member

Oct 28, 2009
    Graphics Dude
    Tampere, Finland
  4. 10tonsLtd

Mar 10, 2009
    The King has now closed the contest and the winner will be announced soon. The king is most grateful for the submissions!

5. Darth Ronfar

Nov 20, 2011
    Animal related
    LA
    Gl Hippi,

So who won? And what does the runner up get?

(I thought more people would be entering)

6. 10tonsLtd

Mar 10, 2009
    #6 10tonsLtd, Oct 12, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2012
    The King has decided that Hiipi wins and Darth Ronfar takes the second place. We will inform the contestants about the prizes soon. At the moment the King told us to say that ALL participants won something!

7. Darth Ronfar

Nov 20, 2011
    Animal related
    LA
    Aw, oh well.. I guess I couldve designed it better but I was working with limited recources, I was hoping my creativity could pull me through but I guess not.

I will it admit that Hippi's looks better, but considering he's a game Dev or programmer or whatever(not sure) its no surprise.

Good job hippi, I'll happily take second. Still don't understand why more people didn't enter? It would only take about 10 - 50 min to make something and for a chance at 50$ gift card...

Thanks for the contest 10tons, I hope you have another one like this, I'll make sure to win next time hopefully with alot more contestants.

8. 10tonsLtd

Mar 10, 2009
    The first prize is the promised iTunes gift card worth USD 50 / EUR 40 and the second prize is a selection of eight 10tons iOS games. The number is eight because that is the favorite number of King Oddball. The winners have been contacted via PM.

The King was also mystified because of the lack of participants. Nevertheless, he has deemed the contest a great success!

9. dreadnok

dreadnok Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2011
    I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum I'm ou
    Sorry I tried to enter but my computer was acting up so I couldn't make the picture :( Hail to the king!

10. Darth Ronfar

Nov 20, 2011
    Animal related
    LA
    #10 Darth Ronfar, Oct 17, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2012
    Uhhgg, dang I thought I was gonna get atleast like a 15$ gift card.... Oh well since I already have a good bit of 10 ton games, I'm not really sure what to do :/

Ok, I found some that I'll go ahead and get I guess.

11. Darth Ronfar

Nov 20, 2011
    Animal related
    LA
    Tried sending 2 pms about my selection of games but haven't heard anything back?

Anyways my choices are -

1.Joining Hands
    2.Heroes of Kavela
    3.Shapium
    4.Azkend 2 HD
    5.Miriels enchanted mystery
    6.Dragon portals
    7.Boom Brigade

Was wondering if the 8th could be for a new or upcoming game y'all are working on? If not then I guess make Belowscape my #8

Thanks again

12. 10tonsLtd

Mar 10, 2009
    Sorry for the delay, we'll handle this asap.

13. Snozberry

Snozberry Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2012
    I wouldn't give it to the greedy bugger..I mean he just drew a red stripe on a magazine..for one, it's copyright infringement, he should be disqualified, and two.. He is self entitled and thinks he deserves a prize when he didn't win, aka A sore loser, than tried his best to scam a 15$ card pretending he had most of the 10tons games when after his game selection, it's clear he does not own many 10tons games at all.

14. Darth Ronfar

Nov 20, 2011
    Animal related
    LA
    copyright infringement?, it's a statue of Humpty Dumpty placed on a picture of a magazine design from a camera app. I'm not taking it and Using it for anything other than to represent what the contest asked for. Then I drew a tounge(actually its a bunch of tiny pink heart stickers put together) and tried to make a rock(which didn't come out that good.) and a crown.

You thought Humpty Dumty was actually on an issue of rolling stones...lol
    That just shows it was atleast clever... Rolling stones ties into the what the game King Oddball is about.

Sure it may not be something I made using graphical design, but you know what...I'm happy with what I made, it's not something that I did in a minute. It took me awhile to come up with it...

I don't understand why you are complaining? You didn't even enter the contest.

As for the games I actually do or did have around five games from them Azkend, Swingworm, King Oddball, Grimm Joggers, Sparcle and Iron Worm.

Upon further searching I found there was in fact some I didn't have and glad to receive them.

And yes there was a bit of delay and I was disappointed for not winning, but it wasn't that big of a problem just sent a few PMs and posted here. I even said the other guy's was alot better.

In all honesty this has nothing to do with you and I take offence for someone going out of their way to feel the need to come here and intstagate.
    Now I have to go out of my way to come here to defend myself for no reason.
    This has already been handled, Next time you should try actually participating in a contest or talking about whats in the topic at hand. All your doing here is trolling.

Finally to clear things up, there was no problem here, 10tons has already contacted me with my prize...

Thanks again 10tons, Im very grateful for the prize I received.