Universal King Cashing 2 - (by Productions Multimage Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Feb 27, 2013.

1. multimage

multimage Well-Known Member

Ah... terribly sorry about that one. When I wrote the text I totally forgot that the little symbol for the melee weapons was one of a blade. I can see now why that might have been confusing. But yeah, you really need a bladed weapon. I think you can only do it with a butter knife or butcher knife. I think the trowel is considered a blade but I don't have the file with me. Not sure if the broadsword or katana can even drop in this version. Terribly sorry about that. I'll try to clarify it in an update.

Wow! Really nice review video! Seriously, I love your voice and the way you explained eveything. Many thanks for that!

Every drop you get in King Cashing comes from a treasure class. A treasure class contains many items and one is picked randomly in it. Each enemy has 3 treasure classes: The first one is the treasure class used when you beat the enemy for the first time. This is usually a very good drop, especially on bosses, and is shown as a golden chest. The second treasure class is used when you beat the same enemy again. It's usually one level lower. The third is for the little chest you can equip. This allows the game to drop different things from the random chests. The second and third treasure class use the black chest image, no matter what is inside. BUT, there is a bonus item, which you were really lucky to get, that gives golden chests in the reel instead of black chests in the reel. These chests will not use the third treasure class. Instead, they use the first or second class depending if you beat the enemy before or not. This means that if you win golden chests on an enemy that you beat for the first time, you will get many good drops at once.

When I designed the game, there was 6 volumes. To me the full game is 6 volumes with the possibility for bonus volumes later. But the number of enemies, party member levels, items, gp and xp are all based on a 6 volume game. At the beginning, volumes were super simple and did not require to draw comic books and large characters. It felt bland and one day I had this idea for a comic strip style. Once the idea of a graphic novel rolled in, volumes started to take a very long time to develop. Time kept flowing and we wanted to get the game out. We felt that the end of volume 3 offered slightly more battles than King Cashing 1 and that this was enough for a release. But the levels of the characters are all based on that 6 volume thing. You will never be able to max out all the characters but you should be able to have 3 characters maxed out at once using items and everything. But this will happen only when you reach the end of volume 6, which is a little far off for now.

There is, but you'll be able to get them in future updates only.

There are 4 colors: Bronze is the weaker version of any item. Silver is the item at its average. Gold is the best version of an item. Weapons also get a special effect when they are gold if they did not already had one. Purple are unique items. They are not based on the other colors and have their own static stats.

2. applecat

applecat Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2012
    Thanks for all those explanations! No need to apologize for anything, going to hit up the old guy with the weapon master's butter knife later on :)

I really love how the character sprites change with levels, the detail that went into it is stunning. The Tamer's pets are all super adorable, I've racked up quite the zoo by now and I'm probably missing 1 or 2 still. Just letting you know that people actually notice all the small details you've put some much thought into!

On one hand I'm a bit worried I'm overlevelled/-geared for future volumes to be challenging, but on the other most of the fun for me actually comes from all the artwork and detail that went into everything.

3. HLW

HLW Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    UK
    Great game so far!
    One question: what does the alchemist's special ability do with the transmute potion? Do you get a higher level weapon?

4. multimage

I love when there are many details in everything, so I always make a point that the games we make should have as many small details as possible. Glad you noticed it!

I realize now that most people don't notice that there are many details until there is not enough. Just like music. If music is good in a game or movie, not many people praise it. But if the music is bad... Everybody talks about it!

It transmutes in a slightly better potion to make sure that the critical bonus is applied to the damage and/or potion effect.

5. Naked Snake

Naked Snake Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2013
    How often do the store items refresh/change? I think in the first game the store inventory changed after every battle, but with so many items in the store I'm finding it hard to tell.

And does it matter which store you visit, like will a later chapter's store have better items? Do all stores have the same stock or each one has different items?

6. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    One way to increase the game's length and longevity would be to have timers.

7. Zephro

Zephro Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Woop, just got 1st placing on 2nd chapter fastest completion. 32 days, that's the absolute best. Berzerk saved me on two fights though, phew.

8. applecat

Nov 26, 2012
    They never change, the latter stores have better items! +% damage potions stacking makes them really good & fun to use btw.

@multimage I like the concept of the secret weapon, it'll be perfect for getting golden stars in the future. Does it drop more than once? :p

9. multimage

Congrats!

Nope. It is a unique weapon like the others. You could equip hit rate boosters for melee weapons if this is your only melee weapon equipped. It's the only way to make it even better.

10. Naked Snake

Naked Snake Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2013
    Huh, that's a surprise.

11. applecat

Nov 26, 2012
    Still can't decide whether few golden chests or lots of regular chests would be better for farming but here's some pictures of my methods and the most expensive item I've found :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. jimwagner

jimwagner Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    I'll check this out! Loved the first one!

13. multimage

You have awesome gear! I'm curious, where did you get the super chest, the golden robot and the best chest. Best chest is an high level bonus and I'm surprised you got one haha!

14. Puce Moose

Puce Moose Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2011
    I've played about 30 minutes over the last two days, and so far I'm really impressed with the amount of polish in this game. I thought the first once was pretty slick, but this one is an improvement in many different areas.

I'd also like to thank good ol' multimage for the addition of a story, hooray! That presentation is perfect, and matches what you said in some of the pre-release conversations; there for those that want to get a little context/story-flow, but unobtrusive for those who want to focus more on the battles. Great work.

Question:

1) Is there any kind of a bestiary/party member bios? It would be neat to be able to read a sentence or two on our party members, and the enemies we've downed, to add a bit more flavor.

15. applecat

Nov 26, 2012
    #175 applecat, Mar 2, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2013
    That golden robot is actually the one from the weapon master, haven't found one >2900gp yet. The first screenshot depicts how I farm at the 3rd secret boss, getting 6-14 golden chests per battle (getting them close enough to hit them both in the same turn is extremely rare). I guess he drops up to the highest tier of loot but extremely seldomly?

Here's a picture of the only weapons > 2900gp I've found so far and my petting zoo progress... still missing golden versions of the Komodo & Jackal :p

[​IMG]

16. multimage

Nah we didn't have time for that. It was a feature in the original design but was dropped during development since we are only a small team and we were running out of time.

Ah silly me. I tought you had a found a Golden Flying Robot which was unlikely but still possible.

I just checked the ressource files and, in the secret level you are playing, the treasure class for the super chest and normal chest are the same. The super chest is really most useful when fighting a boss for the first time. You are better off using your Best Chest and some normal chests. This will improve your chances to match 2 or 3 chests on the same line.

17. applecat

Nov 26, 2012
    #177 applecat, Mar 2, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2013
    I see, so both the normal chest and the super chest are drawing from the 3rd treasure class since it's not the first time I'm doing this battle? In that case, I may as well use +chest weapons, too :)

Mid-post bug report: black chests from different boni items don't combo with each other if they line up. I tested this thoroughly to confirm it, but I'm not sure if it applies for other bonus items as well.

Just how much does each level in luck increase chance of higher tier/golden items btw?

"I heard reports that equipping 3 weapons of the same class helps to get more critical hits!" is one of the tips... how does that work?

Thanks for all the clarification btw, I saw that a few thousand people have bought your game already, hope it pays off you for guys! I'm posting a little about it on another forum to help. Also got some king points :p

18. HLW

HLW Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    UK
    Oh that makes sense, thanks.

I really like the character designs, the trouble is though because they are good good I don't really have a favourite so I can't decide which one to level up lol!

19. Tastyfish

Tastyfish Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2011
    To Dev: great game.

First world problem #1: My ipad is too heavy, is there a way to play this game in portrait?

First world problem #2: too lazy to check 18 pages to see if someone else requested this feature.

20. applecat

Nov 26, 2012
    The fighter, that "secret weapon" from the achievement list is for her and you'll want to get the most out of it :)