Universal King Cashing 2 - (by Productions Multimage Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Feb 27, 2013.

1. multimage

multimage Well-Known Member

Purple items are unique so you can only have one of each.

2. Zephro

Zephro Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Thanks. Also, I lost it when I saw the lime guy in chapter 2. Wasn't expecting that.

3. QuickWit

QuickWit Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2008
    Video Writer, Director, Producer
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    I was a fan of the first game and jumped on the second right away, but I do have one request for the game... Is there a way that you can add a zoom to the comic book and other text? I was trying to play the game on a flight and I couldn't read half of what was on the screen. Admittedly I was tired from work, but the font size is so small that It really cut into my enjoyment of the game.

I'll try it on my iPad later and I'm sure that will be easier, but a game like this is perfect for "pick up and play" and that works better for my phone than the bigger iPad.

Thanks and best of luck with the game!

4. unbrokenchain33

unbrokenchain33 Well-Known Member

Feb 22, 2010
    really needs iCloud sync, I've progressed too much on one device to start over on another.

5. DaviddesJ

DaviddesJ Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

May 19, 2010
    Burlingame CA
    You could probably transfer the save files from one device to the other. Of course, you wouldn't want to go to that much trouble all the time.

6. krautboy

krautboy Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2011
    Hey undeadcow,

Where the fun in both King Cashing games lies for me is the huge amount of different set-ups you can choose. It's not just a bigger better weapon that you can equip,also how many times it spawns on a reel (hit rate) ,bait to spawn more enemies on their reel and so on. I am not that far in KC2 ,but in KC1 i really had to try a lot of different set ups to beat some enemies.
    I would never call King Cashing very deep or strategic .The rpg elements are very light,there's just something immensely satisfying when one of your zombies does a massive critical attack.
    This game is certainly not for everyone. I suggest you mess around with different set-ups to see if there's more for you to enjoy,if that doesn't help i'm afraid it's just not the game for you.

7. applecat

applecat Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2012
    #127 applecat, Mar 1, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2013
    Loved the first game and got addicted to this one right away :D

Got all gold stars (the hardest one is the beach girl boss imo) and a decent set of weapons. Hopefully the fourth volume isn't that far away :p

Here's some strats. I'll put some of it in spoilers for those just starting out:

1. Get level 4-5 in cherries, it'll make life in general and some later battles much easier. I'm really fond of getting high levels in luck too, like 6-7.

2. Every class is good, but you can only effectively level up one, maybe two until level 17, where the game becomes too grindy. I focused on Cyborgette and she ended up at 57 base damage, coupled with good items that went up to 200-300. Gunner's spread seems good for high damage, too.

3. You don't have to watch or time the reels (I'm amazed people can do that, sounds stressful). If your item setup is good, you'll achieve everything easily anyways.

4. For bonus items, the strategy of maxing out one character and using + items for that character to appear 3 times more often in the first reel proved most successful. Hold reel is alright for the secret enemies and shield bearers, too.

5. 3rd Endurance battle > 3rd secret battle > end boss seems to be the order of best items dropped. Everyone else just drops store items pretty much.

6. On levelling: There's only one good use for +exp items from my experience, the 3rd endurance battle. Take him from 15000hp all the way down to around 400hp with your regular setup, then switch to 3x 10% exp bride & 3x exp boni. He gives 3500 base exp, but during those 400hp you can easily increase that to 13000-14000 exp. If you're killing him too quickly/slowly or you're not getting enough exp, just exit the battle and he'll be right at 400hp again. Seems to be the only way to get to level 17+ somewhat painlessly right now.

I've not bothered to look for the secret weapon yet, got some theories that I might get around to testing later :p

8. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    So just to be clear, according to TouchArcade King Cashing 2 is a more competent game than Real Racing 3 (the future of iOS racing and gaming in general!). I wonder if Eli should have a word with Eric about dispensing star fragments too freely... or you know, maybe they should remove the star system.

9. multimage

I was wondering how long it would take for someone to find this trick. 1 day seems to be the answer :eek:

10. applecat

applecat Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2012
    #130 applecat, Mar 1, 2013
    In other news, the music and sound effects in this game are outstanding, I love the battle theme and the cyborgette's quips especially, the love that went into everything comes through in a hundred different ways <3

I love the trash seagull btw

One feature I'd love would be an expensive skill reset (100k-1m perhaps), since starting a new game to tweak party composition each time gets a little discouraging.

11. sizzlakalonji

sizzlakalonji Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Apr 16, 2009
    Indiana, USA
    Real Racing 3 is a stunningly beautiful diamond enveloped in a flaming turd.

12. multimage

This was planned at one point but we didn't have the time to do it. It's still listed for an update though.

13. LuisRM

LuisRM Active Member

Dec 17, 2009
    First off - loved the first game, really having fun with the second. Congrats! Quick question, what does the "Reel Holder" do and how do you use it? Also, will you be putting out a strategy guide pdf like you did with the first game?

14. TRB4

TRB4 Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2013
    I already asked about a pdf strategy guide, this is what the dev said:

15. multimage

The reel holder works like this: When you are in battle, before hitting the spin button, the stop buttons under the reels are highlighted instead of grayed out. Press one of the stop buttons to prevent this reel from spinning on the next turn. If you equip more than 1, you can do it more than once per battle. In the next update, there will be holders that allows to do it 2 times per battle.

For the strategy guide, we now plan to set up a wiki with basic info and fill it up each time we answer a question. Fans could also fill it up based on their own knowledge. After that we could use the content and make an iBook out of it.

16. shimmy83

shimmy83 Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2013
    Washington D.C.
    Is there end game content? I'm nearly through with all the chapters, and I don't want it to stop

17. multimage

For now you can try getting all gold stars, getting the 6 unique weapons, beating the endurance boss that appears in volume 1 after you beat volume 3 and finally you could try to find the special unique weapon.

And of course Volume 4 is coming quite soon and will add more contents too.

18. Naked Snake

Naked Snake Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2013
    I played the game more, I loved the game more. On the 3rd chapter, going to go for gold stars after I'm done. Looking forward to chapter 4 and more chapters after that if you can!

19. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

I really, really, really wish this game was structured more like a Roguelike or something with endless procedurally generated content. Don't get me wrong, I love the story and comic book stuff which obviously could never be procedural, but I'm almost done with the game after a day. :(

Ah well, first one was really short too and a great game as well.

20. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    #140 undeadcow, Mar 1, 2013
    Any estimated timeframe? (Yeah, I know you can't rush art).
    You mean something like... the upcoming Dungeon Plunger? It's got isometric rogueline gameplay with RPG slots based combat, randomly generated maps, and strategic battle options. http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=169842