Universal King Cashing 2 - (by Productions Multimage Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Feb 27, 2013.

1. multimage

multimage Well-Known Member

That one is tough. The key here is hitting with the party members since they do not have reduced damage against the enemy. I heavily suggests you use at least 1 or 2 unique weapons since they add 2 levels to a party member. If you can manage to have a party member at level 9 this is the best because the hit rate of a party member at level 9 climbs at 6 for most of them. Then equip hit rate boosters for party members. Also, the critical ability of the Fighter is not affected by the resistance. So if you have a level 9 Fighter with 3 Fighter hit rate +, you will rake in the damage. It might still take some tries, but you'll get it eventually.

2. TRB4

TRB4 Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2013
    Can someone explain the Necromancer's ability to me? What is the difference between a level 2 human and a level 3 human? Does it just make a copy of whatever human I have equipped? I just don't understand the Necromancer yet.

3. multimage

Now for something completely different, we are calling all our fans to help us spread the word on King Cashing 2! Since people are begging us to add IAP so they can give us more money, we simply ask that you take some time to spread the word about the game. Check this super-awesome-quickly-done-not-that-good-looking-page with a somewhat small list of things you can do to help us out! http://www.kingcashing.com/spread

So yeah, help us spread the word about King Cashing 2! Each minute you take adds hours of development for updates and our next games! Plus, we will forever be grateful! PLUS, you can win king points that do absolutely nothing! Thanks everyone for getting the game and thanks for taking the time to help us spread the word!

You don't have to equip a human for his ability to work. He just creates basic humans. The level is just an indication of the human's power. The higher the level, the better the damage done. Plus, on a critical, he creates a stronger human 2 levels higher!

4. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Maybe after a certain amount of points you can win something ;) ;)

5. Mirkwood

Mirkwood Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2012
    Wow, you guys have done a fantastic job with this. Everything looks absolutely fantastic and is a huge improvement over the first game. I really am digging the art style, well done!

6. ojtitus

ojtitus Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    #106 ojtitus, Feb 28, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2013
    Well, I managed to get 225 King points. I haven't had a chance to get any of my friends with iDevices to play the game yet, so those last 25 points currently elude me.

Edit: I didn't see that last list of quest, looks like I still have a few more adventures to complete. ;)

7. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    #107 undeadcow, Feb 28, 2013
    I downloaded King Cashing 2 with reservations. It is amusing but I'm still not sure the gameplay captivates me. It seems sort of random and at best a simple test of quick tap dexterity. I'm still early in the game but it seems like a missed opportunity that enemies don't attack (instead you just have a limited number of "cherries"/turns).
    The humor and polish are great; it's insane that such craftfulness was devoted to gameplay mechanics that seem so simple. Multimage has been such an active developer I figure he deserves my support even if I don't yet "understand" the game.
    I agree that it would be nice if there were more depth. This line of thought is what gave me hesitation about initially downloading. It would be great to see a full fledged King Cashing RPG.

8. Jazzpha

Jazzpha Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2012
    Don't worry, the depth is definitely there. The only way to have a prayer of getting golds on the higher levels is by watching the reels and timing your stops very, very deliberately in order to maximize the number of hits per turn. If you just use the big button all the time rather than the three small ones under each individual reel, you're probably going to wind up with a lot of bronzes.

The reels aren't randomized during a given spin, so if you watch them for a few rotations you should be able to know when a string of weapons or fighters is coming up.

Hope this helps!

9. TRB4

TRB4 Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2013
    Here's a solution to your "problem", just imagine that the cherries are your HP, and every turn the enemy "attacks" you for 3 damage. Unfortunately you can not block or dodge, but you can "heal", by collecting cherries. There you go, now you can enjoy the game and feel like enemies are attacking you.

10. Mirkwood

Mirkwood Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2012
    Yeah that's basically my line of thinking in the whole deal.

11. NickyNichols

NickyNichols Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2012
    Game of the year candidate right here. Something fresh, fun, and different. Great work!

12. geoelectric

geoelectric Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2010
    San Jose, CA
    Unless I missed it in-game, this would be good info for a wiki or something. The in-game description only mentions creating a human on hit; I've noticed it creates two humans on a critical, but that wasn't mentioned anywhere. I certainly didn't realize it was creating a +2 level human.

I wonder how many other twists there are like that.

13. DaviddesJ

DaviddesJ Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

May 19, 2010
    Burlingame CA
    Again, that's not depth, it's just dexterity. I don't want to play a dexterity game, but some people say that dexterity is less a component of KC2 than it was of its predecessor, and you can also play it with strategy choices and not manipulating the reels. So which is it?

14. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    #114 undeadcow, Feb 28, 2013
    Yes, that's the same tactic I used to "pretend" Real Racing 3 isn't freemium and that Angry Birds is actually a really great dual stick shooter. Sometimes I have a lot of fun letting my imagination run wild and inventing some excellent games without ever turning on my iPod. I use to get in trouble with moderators for creating threads about these imaginary games but now they just tolerate my silly criticism of the actual content in apps avaliable to everyone. Don't get me wrong King Cashing 2 is amusing.
    Most arcade games are dexterity based; but I recall King Cashing 1 "sold" itself more as a RPG like game so I think that is why some have an expectation this should be strategy based (?). Maybe this is another example of the over use of the label "RPG." KC2 is basically dexterity with some really polished cartoonish plot elements. There's light strategy in that you upgrade your "king" character and can equipt different things; but to call it deep or tactical would be a stretch. There is some item use. If I am to pretend KC2 is anything it is an accessible casual reaction time rhythme/dexterity app with really great production values.

15. Jazzpha

Jazzpha Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2012
    Fair enough. I just took undeadcow's principal complaint to be that it seemed random, which hurt its feeling of depth in the sense that it made it seem out of the player's hands as to whether or not they succeeded. Which is why I wanted to point out it wasn't actually random at all.

You're right about it being dexterity-based in that sense, though. I haven't gotten far enough in KC2 to speak to if it's possible to succeed on strategy alone, but I would assume a combination of strategy and timing would be ideal. I'm just going based on my experience with KC1, where having a good equipment load out did make a big difference in the endgame, strategy-wise. I have to imagine KC2 would be similar.

16. multimage

Thanks for spreading the word! Much appreciated!

Funny thing is that it's exactly how I thought it out while making the game. There was a point where we wanted it to be HP but it felt weird so it stayed with cherries. It's kinda like playing Black in MTG: you take a hit with the hopes of doing more damage than your sacrifice. Plus, you are a zombie in this game, so it fits!

Strategy is mainly what you chose to equip as party members, weapons and bonuses. Nothing more. Then dexterity helps getting higher ratings or speed running the game. It was made so that anyone could enjoy the game. Aimers enjoy better scores while randomness will eventually get you through the game. Strategy really kicks in later when you need to think your builds more carefully for some harder battles. Once enemies start having immunities, it can really destroy your current build and force you to think of another setup to get around it. That about sums up the King Cashing experience.

17. retr0spective

retr0spective Well-Known Member

May 24, 2011
    Riverside, CA
    Finally spent some time with the game and I am thoroughly enjoying every element of it. It retains the basic gameplay mechanics of the original which made it so enjoyable but adds more variety, a more involved story, and stylish presentation. Thank you to the developers for producing this excellent sequel. It will certainly not be leaving my device anytime soon!

18. nao

nao Well-Known Member

Jan 26, 2010
    Aww.. just found out you can't farm legendary (purple) items... I guess 1 is good enough.

19. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Why so?

20. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Got stuck on one so I finally got KC2 and wow....best freaking slot RPG ever....:) oh those zombies