Universal King Cashing 2 - (by Productions Multimage Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Feb 27, 2013.

1. se99jmk

se99jmk Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2010
    Still working on Ruby

After having that initial flurry, and trying out some other games, I keep coming back to this one!

Just Cyborgette to work on, but it's a slow grind to get that last statue ;-p

Looking forward to Chapter 6!!

2. imdakine1

imdakine1 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    So glad I picked this game up! Never really played the first one but after picking this one up I started with the first win and live both! Sooooo addicting!

How many hours to complete the first one and the second?

Both seem fairly short?

3. Gambler

Gambler Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2014
    Gazorpazorp
    #663 Gambler, Apr 4, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2014
    Possible Alchemist glitch and two minor question

Hi Multimage,

Hope you're still visiting here every now and then and be able to answer my questions (first and foremost no2 about the possible glitch regarding the Alchemist critical damage). Thanks in advance.

I really love King Cashing 2 - One of only a few rather casual mobile games I really dig - and I can't wait for Volume 6 (or a third part for that matter)

I bought an iPad Air a few months ago and unfortunately the backup of my old iPad hadn't worked properly. So I had to reinstall my handful of favourite games, but due to the lack of cloud support KC2 was the only one of those where I've lost my (precious, endless hours invested, level 39) savegame. So alas, I had to start from scratch again. As I'm playing through it again now, a few questions have come to mind. Maybe you have time to answer them anytime in the near future. Thanks in advance!

1. Fitting the subject: Is cloud support even still planned? I remember somebody asking the same question in this same thread shortly after the game came out and you said you'll look into that to maybe implement with a future update (or something alike). Did you give up on Cloud support in the meantime?

2. I noticed a glitch with the alchemist in my new, actual playthrough. I'm at Volume 4 at the moment.

a) For example, I have my Alchemist at Level 5 (Power 25, Critical Hit: Potion is 250% more effective).

The Problem: When I make a critical hit with the 'Filled Medium Burned Potion' (Power 12 - 36) I only inflict 61 + 54 damage. So, substracting the 25 Power of the Alchemist, the damage is 36 + 54. The issue here is, that the extra damage is only 150 % instead of 250 %.

b) The same happens with Alchemist Level 3 (Power 16, Critical Hit: + 225%). In this case damage is 52 + 45. Substracting the 16 power again, you've got 36 + 45 extra damage = 125 % of 36, which again means 100% critical damage missing.

c) At first I wasn't sure, that this would be a mistake at all (thought the eg. 250% more effective potion could consist of the 100% initial damage + 150% extra = 250%) But then I noticed 2 things which didn't add up with this theory:

d) For example I had the tamer at Level 6 (Power 30, 230% bonus damage). When I made a critical hit, I had 34 animal damage + 78 critical damage. 78 are 230% of 34 - like in the description - not just 130%.

e) Ok, so I figured that could just be a simple difference between classes, but then I made a critical hit with an Alchemist Level 5 (again, Potions should be 250% more effective) and the Golden Potion (Power 30, adds 2 Levels to Alchemist) and suddenly the bonus damage was 60! Which means with that potion there was 200% Extra Damage instead of 250%.

So, with one potion 100 % damage is missing, with the other one 50%.

I know there was a bug with the alchemist potion which was dropped from the alchemist statue guy after Volume 5 got released - Could it be that this only happens since the newest update, which got released to fix this bug? Am I the only one having this issue?

3. Were the sale figures acceptable? Don't need any actual numbers, in fact I only ask if they were successful enough for you to consider a third part of King Cashing?

4. Why doesn't a critical hit with tamer and Apple Cat do any extra poison damage, like a crit with alchemist and poison potion does?

Post got a little longer than planned. Sorry for that, wanted to lay down the number calculations as clear as possible :rolleyes:

Thanks in advance for your answer(s).

Regards

Gambler

4. multimage

multimage Well-Known Member

Hi Gambler! Sorry for the late reply. We really are less active on the forums these few days and unfortunately it's not because we are working on Volume 6 or making a third KC. The fact is that we are not making enough money with our games. Plain and simple.

We are originally a company that mostly makes web sites but also kiosks with games and educative content for museums. At one point the company had enough flow to invest in our own project which was to make a small game for the app store. Of course small became big and many many hours were poured into making both KC games. It was a fun time for us, mostly for me who designed and programmed the games. I was able to take a lot of liberties when making theses games and the making of the KC games have been the best 2 years of my 11 years in this company.

But yeah, when the first game got released, it got OK sales, but it wasn't enough to cover the real cost. But then we decided to make another one anyway. We still could make it financially and we wanted to take another stab at it. And well in the long run KC2 did twice as much as KC1, but it still wasn't enough. So now we have 2 games who are making almost no income each day and in the grand total they made about 33% of what it cost to make them.

So it was fun making it, releasing it, reading comments, responding to fans, making contests and everything. But now we are out of money. We need to move on. And we are back at making what we always did before making games. Does this mean that we won't be making another game or another update? Unfortunately, I don't see it in the near future, unless of course some of you guys have a way of making some money ;) We might still be making games, but for clients, just not independently. So I would have no control over the games anyway.

So yeah. There you have it. I'm sad it came to this. I really hoped that KC2 could have made more than that and at least made it to Volume 6, which was the initial vision I had for it. I'm really sorry for the fans. But such is life.

Here is what Volume 6 was supposed to be:
    "The crew falls into this huge pit at the end of volume 5 only to realize that they've been dragged near the lair of the enemy. The lair is this big militarized futuristic base. It is set in some unnamed northern region. They start out outside and there's a lot of snow everywhere, it's snowing, and the winds are strong. The party barely makes it to the enemy base while fighting guards and other strange enemies along the way. Then, once inside they do some battles and progress through the base against stronger guards and probably robots and sentinels. Right before the final boss, there is a page where you need to beat 4 extremely strong bosses in order to proceed to the next page. These could be men in black, like captains, a little bit like those in the beginning of volume 1 but way stronger, with special powers and everything. Then you meet the final boss, only to discover he was the final dragon from King Cashing 1 all along, showing a little more of his true form throughout each volume. Then, when you think everything is over, you realize there is another page, and the boss has another huge form, possibly a black dragon of death or something like that. Anyway that real final boss is very hard to beat and you need the best weapons of the game to proceed. Finally, on the last page, you see the king sitting in a big pile of gold, finally cashing in on sweet dragon loot. The rest of the party is also there, like minions of the king, and all is well that ends well."

Here's the music that was supposed to be used in volume 6: http://youtu.be/WlxZfOH6aR0 The battle track was one of my favorite of the whole soundtrack!

So I guess that's it. Thanks to all our fans. You guys are the best and you kept us going for a long time! Thanks again!

Nicholas

5. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Thats sad... Sigh.

6. BazookaTime

BazookaTime Well-Known Member

This is depressing to hear, both KC games are among my all time favorite games. It is super hard to make any money or enough money in the App Store.

7. se99jmk

se99jmk Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2010
    Gawd, that finale sounds awesome!! Shame not to have closure on what has been one of the best iOS games, but completely understand the financial commitments and concerns.

The timers and iAP from the other zombies game was a good attempt at monetisation, but it had some serious bugs and UI issues that held it back from being quite as good as the full KC2 - Also a shame that the launch of either the Zombies spin off or each chapter update didn't get a lot more attention on TouchArcade.

I guess without the (gorgeous) artwork and (delightful) voiceovers it would have been much faster and easier to pump out updates, which would have maintained interest and possibly popularity - it could take something away from the game experience, but may be a more lucrative option?

The core gameplay, and perfect balancing / progression were what made this game a delight for me - I can hope you find a way to put in the final chapter, but if not, thanks for all the spins!

8. tkphotos

tkphotos Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2011
    love king cashing:) love the dev:)

9. TRB4

TRB4 Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2013
    I'm really sorry to hear that :(

Thank you so much for everything you did! You are far and above one of the most active and committed developers on this forum. I am so glad that I had the pleasure of playing your game, discussing the intricacies of every aspect of it with both the fans and the creators, and ultimately becoming a part of it in the form of the secret weapon in Chapter 5. I really wish that there were more developers like you in the world (the sad truth is that there probably are thousands, but they just don't have the funding or publicity to get noticed :(). If I had the expendable income I would love to bankroll Chapter 6 as well as future King Cashing games, but sadly I am in pretty bad debt myself. I'm not sure if you would get a big enough response, but have you considered going the Kick Starter route? Regardless of whether you're able to make another King Cashing, I personally wish you the best of luck with your future projects whatever they may be.

10. Wingy

Wingy Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2009
    You know I got to admit I played a lot of king cashing and the sequel. But I think time passed a lot between updates and I sort of forget about the game. I forget almost the mechanics, what weapons I had, levels etc. When the new update came out, I think I lost interest or found it hard to get back into.
    I wish you guys all the best, it was great while it lasted and I hope as a company you guys survive and go on to make great games. You were also a very active developer as well which I loved and taking time out to answer our questions was really great.

11. blue rocket

blue rocket Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2013
    Start a kick starter for the 6th volume, I'm sure we'll be able to fund it for you!

Sucks to hear because KC2 is probably my favorite game on iOS, no lie.

12. Zaraf

Zaraf Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2009
    I agree, a kick starter project might help you get the funds you need. It might also bring more awareness to the game, especially if you ask TouchArcade to write a story on it.

13. Gambler

Gambler Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2014
    Gazorpazorp
    #673 Gambler, Jun 7, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2014
    Hi Nicholas,

thanks for your answer - Forgot to check in after a time, but better late than never ;)

I'm very sorry to hear about this. King Cashing 2 was hands down my absolutely favorite game in the app store. Loving Slots and loving RPG looting I often wasn't able to put it down for endless hours - "Just one more try" - Can't think of any iOS game that got me so hooked and when I saw there were new updates in the App Store I always hoped one would be for King Cashing as every new volume was more awesome than the last.

So it's really sad to hear about you people having to abandon the franchise/own iOS games! It's a real shame that the honest and talented developers, who only want to make great games instead of in-app cash grabbing junk seem to lose out so often while pieces of cr@p like flappy birds get overwhelming attention (often even through shady actions to put the games in the top charts of the App Store) you guys would have deserved so much more.

Sad day ... Nonetheless, thanks for the awesome experience, especially for KC2. I wish you guys all the best! Nobody knows what the future will bring and maybe you guys have the possibility to launch a comeback with (own) iOS games some time.

Farewell King Cashing, farewell Multimage published games!

P.S.: It's very impressive and speaks for your dedication that you - even under these hard circumstances - had the guts to gift us with a second part with 5 great volumes. Thank you very much for so many fun hours of gameplay. KC2 would have deserved so much more attention from the media - Seems you don't stand much of a chance in the App Store otherwise. Nonetheless, I wish you all the best for your future endeavors!

14. SUIKODEN

SUIKODEN New Member

Sep 21, 2009
    I'm so sad :(

15. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Well, it's a pity to read all this. I just got KC2 from the $1 sale yesterday because I was on the fence with this one, but I admit I'm having a great time. I have one question: when I beat a level, why does the King appear at the left side of the medal in some of the levels? What does that mean?

16. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    #676 rIcHrAnDoM, Sep 22, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2014
    Just bought this also. It sounds/looks fantastic! Wish I would have found this sooner. It's unfortunate the devs have no interest in updating/new development, hopefully my buck helps :p

17. BazookaTime

BazookaTime Well-Known Member

The first game is also amazing, if you don't have it, pick it up. These guys lost a lot of money on both games and couldn't afford to keep working on them, it is really too bad.

18. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    Ok, will do, thanks for the recommendation. The app description says "Over 100,000 downloads". At three bucks a pop, that's some pretty serious cash on the first game..

19. vectorarchitekt

vectorarchitekt Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2013
    I hope someone from the dev team considers a kickstarter

20. Zaraf

Zaraf Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2009
    Yeah, I'd like to see a kickstarter as well for KC2 new volumes. You already have a well laid out game for the presentation.