Universal King Cashing 2 - (by Productions Multimage Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Feb 27, 2013.

1. multimage

multimage Well-Known Member

Not as much as in King Cashing 1. Apart from some bonus levels, you don't have to aim at all. Just focus on equipping stuff with high hit rate and you'll be fine. In fact, one of our testers praised how you could just mash the spin button endlessly and win the game, given you have a good build of course.

The reason we went for humans was because the King is now a zombie and so is his team. So they go after humans for their money and the occasional brain. You can still enjoy most of the game though. A tester (the same tester again), initially complained about that too. Didn't felt comfortable fighting humans. But once she started losing against some enemies, she started to hate them and felt perfectly fine defeating them. Some of them were even followed by a loud "Take THAT!" and some swearing.

The link should be fine once the game is out worldwide. I think it'll work at 9:00 PM PST or something like that.

2. Naked Snake

Naked Snake Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2013
    I updated my last post to reflect that I read about the zombie storyline in your other thread, and my thoughts on that. The art makes sense in that context. I think I'd rather be a human fighting zombies but it's not my game to make decisions about, I will still buy it.

BTW In the first game I didn't stop the reels individually, I always hit the main button instead.

3. ttocs

ttocs Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2012
    Sr. Data Analyst
    Baltimore, MD
    Oh man. This looks so good!

4. multimage

Yeah I didn't see that you updated your post. Sorry for the redundant info. Glad you'll still be buying it!

5. VTX

VTX Well-Known Member

Looking forward to it :)

6. DaviddesJ

DaviddesJ Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

May 19, 2010
    Burlingame CA
    Cool, I will try it. It's not that I want to play mindlessly, just focus on the choices rather than on the timing.

7. TRB4

TRB4 Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2013
    Will you be releasing a King Cashing 2 strategy guide? I loved the King Cashing strategy guide, I read it cover to cover. It was so professionally well made and very informative and fun to read. I really hope that you'll have the time to create something just as good for this game.

8. troyster

troyster Active Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jan 19, 2012
    Instabuy for me, loved the first one

9. Gabrien

Gabrien Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2009
    While you can put me down as someone who also would have preferred the fantasy setting of the original, the art itself looks quite outstanding. No IAP just seals the deal. Looking forward to playing.

10. unbrokenchain33

unbrokenchain33 Well-Known Member

Feb 22, 2010
    same, can't wait. Kind of reminds me of Sword & Poker, makes me sad there isn't Sword & Poker 6 by now!

11. Fastbridge

Fastbridge Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Service advisor for Honda
    NYC, New York. USA
    If Gabrien approves that's all I need. Instabuy!

12. multimage

Haha I was afraid someone would say that. Just to put you in context, here's how the first strategy guide came to be:

Each year we get an intern for about 3 to 4 weeks. It's an association with a local school that teaches computer graphics design. The first few years they always helped building web sites that we were working on. (We are a web site company and shelled out some money to make some games) but this year we had the idea to give the guy a more tangible project. We thought it would be nice for him to make a strategy guide. Of course being overwhelmed by job we didn't actually planned the thing before the guy got here. So the first day he only played King Cashing 1 while I started writing the text. The next 2 days, he built the template that would be used for most of the strategy guide while I kept writing the text. It's only on the fourth day that he really got started on the guide. So he only had a couple of days left to do the thing. And it's a good thing that he spent a whole day playing the game because he was able to point out mistakes that I made while writing so much text in such a short time. At a certain point, I almost felt he knew more about the game than me. The guy was real good and managed to pull it off in that short time he had. We only had to correct some minor mistakes after he was gone.

Anyway, what I'm getting at is that I don't believe I'll have the time, and neither will this year's intern, to make a strategy guide covering the whole of King Cashing 2. We barely made it for the first one, and King Cashing 2 is at least 3 times bigger, has more mechanics and that's not even counting the upcoming updates.

But we'll try! We'll be sure to attempt doing it this year too, but we'll need a little more ressources this time and it'll largely depend on how well KC2 sells. An option would be to sell it as an iBook in the iTunes book store to cover back some of the cost this one would involve. But yeah, we'll try, but don't count on it anytime soon!

13. DaviddesJ

DaviddesJ Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

May 19, 2010
    Burlingame CA
    It would be easy to make a wiki for the game. If you populate it with some initial information then it's much more likely that the player community will add to it.

14. Gabrien

Gabrien Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2009
    Game Impressions

A class act in every respect. Easily one of the best games on iOS.

Suggestion: option to disable battle animations. As excellent as they are, and as much as I wouldn't dream of utilizing it at the moment, I can foresee this being desirable when grinding levels for gold or higher rank medals.

15. multimage

Can someone tell me why I never thought of that before? :confused: That is a great idea! I'll look into it in the coming weeks.

Thanks for the comments, much appreciated! As for the battle animation, I could add an option to make them go twice as fast. As of now, they're about 0.2 seconds longer than those in KC1, but I can see that add up over time. By making them go faster, as an option, I don't have to rework too much of the code and I think it'll make everyone happy. I'll add it to the list of possible ideas for the next update. Thanks for the feedback about that!

16. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Generally I'll only consider purchasing 1 app a week otherwise I buy everything then regret it with some, with only buying one I put thought and research into it.

Decided I'll give you my money, I did play the first game a little but never tried to get into it but kept meaning to, some other aspects in this game make it sound more appealing to me. I love rpg and strategy anything that gives me more tactical options makes me happy.

17. Misguided

Misguided Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    Well, there's a weapon named after me in the first one, so it's only fair I buy this one too, right? *wink*

18. boodro82

boodro82 Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2012
    Didn't expect this. The first one was so much fun...will be buying this in a few hours :)

19. ojtitus

ojtitus Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    Bought
    Bought
    Bought
    Bought
    Bought
    Bought
    Downloading
    Everyone enjoy the game and have a good night.

20. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011