Universal King Cashing 2 - (by Productions Multimage Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Feb 27, 2013.

1. Zaraf

Zaraf Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2009
    So any word on this update?

2. se99jmk

se99jmk Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2010
    I got a response on Facebook:

3. ImLegend

ImLegend Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2010
    more vol 5 artwork, hopefully it will come soon

[​IMG]

4. se99jmk

Mar 1, 2010
    Looking fantastic!! Hope it's not too far away now :)

5. Alex Wolf

Alex Wolf Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2010
    How come i nevee get loaded dual magnum or "perfect tnt pack" or"loaded rocket launcher" on wooden fun 5?!??????

Im currently on level 22

6. elektrobank

elektrobank Member

Jan 20, 2011
    Loved KC1 and only just stumbled onto #2 last week an haven't been able to put it down :) Looking forward to the next update.

Still enjoying grinding on Wooden Fun 5 and finding new items.

Current setup -

[​IMG]

King for fun.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Winning about 8-9 / 10 rounds with 6 - 10 chests each time. Picking up two ++ melee weapon hit rate would just about be enough to win every time.

Fruitful farming :)

7. BobbyColossus

BobbyColossus Active Member

Aug 14, 2011
    looking forward to the update! i hope they make chapter 5 super challenging as we've all had a chance to get some very powerful weapons.

8. biokid

biokid Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2013
    Wop Wops
    Was going to buy it this weekend, now price is up to $4.99! maybe later then!

9. se99jmk

Mar 1, 2010
    Any news on the next chapter?

10. multimage

multimage Well-Known Member

Yes, sorry for the lack of updates lately. We are struggling here and need to work on other things to make some money again. Here's what I said to someone else about the update:

"About programming, I'm about 95% done. There's still some new mechanics to tweak here and there but mostly I have not much else to do.

About balancing, there's been no testing done yet. So this'll be done soon but might take a little while.

About graphics, the illustrator was low on funds and had to take another job elsewhere so he can only give me a new page once every 2 weeks. There's still 3 pages to do, all the enemies' avatar and all the enemies in pixel art. So another 2 months from him I guess.

I know this means it's still a little way before release but we are making our best to make an update that will have the same amount of work and polish like the other levels.

Hope this clears things up!"

So there you have it. It's still in the works, but a slower pace than we intended. Sales haven't be really good and while I could go on and try to blame it on many factors, I just have to accept that King Cashing 2 is not the success we intended.

If you guys must know, we are currently talking about making another version of KC2, but completely IAP driven. The old one would stay on the App Store and would still receive the updates as planned, but another free version would offer all the same things but would allow people to pump money in the IAP. That way, we'd have a premium version where there is no IAP involved and another version, free with IAP nags here and there.

So yeah, this will be our last shot at making some money with this game. If it doesn't succeed, well, such is life I guess. But the update is still coming, don't worry about that! :)

11. TRB4

TRB4 Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2013
    I am really sorry to hear that the game isn't selling as well as it should be :(

Thank you for the update Multimage.

12. Markku

Markku Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2011
    It's crazy this game didn't sell well

13. dexter77

dexter77 Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    I can't believe it too!

The store it's to much full of garbage and gems like KC2 has no visibility after a couple of weeks from the release...tough days for skilled developers...

14. Alex Wolf

Alex Wolf Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2010
  15. se99jmk

Mar 1, 2010
    Sorry to hear that!! I'm assuming like many games there may have been an initial flurry, then it just died out..

The graphics and artwork are wonderful and make it a joy to play, but I suppose for me (and maybe others?) it's the mechanics of gameplay that are most interesting.

It sounds like artworking all of those pages takes up a significant portion of your time, and the mechanics side may not be as bad?

In which case, would it be more cost effective that if there was a King Cashing 3 (please!), it was done with primarily the sprites and mechanics, unlockables etc to keep development time and cost low?

--------

Please don't think we don't like the hand-drawn art - it's awesome - But we also want to see updates and for you to make some money off it!

16. multimage

Last friday I received 2 colored pages so now there's only one missing! After that it'll be the characters and I know the artist can pump these out quite fast. Then there's the pixel art for each character, the cover and the background during battle. All of these are not as complex as the pages and take less time to make. The biggest part is behind us now!

I'll keep you all posted, I know many are waiting for this!

17. TheProxy

TheProxy Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2009
    Chandler, AZ
    I got this game on the sale and can honestly say it is my favorite game on the store.

It's genremixing reminds me of Sword and Poker, another one of my favorite series. This game has excellent art, gameplay, customization, and sound effects (seriously, the quality soundeffects really augments the experience).

18. ImLegend

ImLegend Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2010

Easy! make the game FREE, but only the first or second chapters is FREE.
    Then selling each chapter for 99 cents. For existing players, we don't mind to pay additional 99 cents for chapter 5.
    Done! you get your business.

19. TheProxy

TheProxy Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2009
    Chandler, AZ
    Can anyone explain how exactly you get the paintings in volume 4? The in game description does not make sense to me.

20. multimage

We really don't want to burn our early supporters. I'd feel really bad charging people when I said earlier that I wouldn't. The plan is to rebrand the game and "sell" as another game, targeted at an entirely different user base. You guys got the HD version in a sense. They will get the free version with IAP. Both games will coexist together and I definitively plan to put out volume 5 in the current version before the free version.

The paintings drop randomly depending on which weapons you use during battle. For example, if you hit with a melee weapon, you'll get a chance to get the painting of the fighter. The more you hit with a weapon type during a battle the more chance that painting will drop. Good luck! Glad you like the game!